IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Halfway through Goliath at the moment, Billy Bob Thornton as a washed up lawyer taking on the establishment. If lots of swearing and gruesome murders is not your thing, don't watch, but I think it's an excellent series.

PS .. yeah Paul I enjoyed the first series.

Edited by Bill

Really enjoyed this first season of Westworld. Love the twists and turns and my suspicions were correct about Bernard.

Vikings is now back on tv too. What a show that is! I'd even say it has surpassed Game Of Thrones for me as the best show on tv. Plus there is the amazing Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha, what a woman!! She can be my shield maiden any day.

If you have Amazon Prime then you may have watched Man In The High Castle. There is a new season starting 16th December for those who like the alternative reality / if the Nazis won idea.

I've heard this show is excellent -- don't have Amazon Prime though.

Really enjoyed this first season of Westworld. Love the twists and turns and my suspicions were correct about Bernard.

Vikings is now back on tv too. What a show that is! I'd even say it has surpassed Game Of Thrones for me as the best show on tv. Plus there is the amazing Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha, what a woman!! She can be my shield maiden any day.

If you have Amazon Prime then you may have watched Man In The High Castle. There is a new season starting 16th December for those who like the alternative reality / if the Nazis won idea.

Brilliant, I'd actually totally missed the fact that there were ten episodes earlier in the year so I have a lot to catch up on! Might even watch the first three series again first as a refresher, great programme.

Going to the cinema next Wednesday to watch "A United Kingdom". Can remember being aware of Seretse Khama and his wife's story decades ago so really interested to see it and it's getting great reviews, I'll report back.

Brilliant, I'd actually totally missed the fact that there were ten episodes earlier in the year so I have a lot to catch up on! Might even watch the first three series again first as a refresher, great programme.

Going to the cinema next Wednesday to watch "A United Kingdom". Can remember being aware of Seretse Khama and his wife's story decades ago so really interested to see it and it's getting great reviews, I'll report back.

I'll be waiting until all the episodes have been released on Amazon Prime and then watch them all over a few days (the new ones anyway, already watched the 10 previous ones). Really wish Prime would do it like Netflix and dump them at once.

Just started watching "The Tunnel" it's an old series I dug up from Sky box sets. A dead body is discovered in the service tunnel of the Euro channel crossing.

They come to move it and it turns out to be half and half of two bodies, only seen two episodes at the moment but it looks like my kind of series.

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly caught up with this now, went back and watched it from series one, up to episode six in series four now; agree with you on Lagertha but imo Queen Kwenthrith is sex on legs. Brilliant performance.

Vikings is my favourite show at the moment. Far better than GOT for me, the stories, the acting and the fact that they don't kill off the main character every episode!

I hadn't realised that the new series had started though so will need to get on that!

Have to give it a go. GOT is always a late watch for me and I have zero concentration to follow the story fully.

Just watched the accountant. Pretty good but again I'm knackered as the youngest is a feeding machine and is doing 2 feeds through the night.... hence this post at this time.

Have to give it a go. GOT is always a late watch for me and I have zero concentration to follow the story fully.

Just watched the accountant. Pretty good but again I'm knackered as the youngest is a feeding machine and is doing 2 feeds through the night.... hence this post at this time.

Loved The Accountant. I'm looking forward to seeing Affleck's next movie, Live By Night.

Edited by Romey 1878

Loved The Accountant. I'm looking forward to seeing Affleck's next movie, Live By Night.

He's a top actor, but like Leonardo dicaprio he doesn't get the credit he deserves cos he's a good looking bastard and women like him.

On that note I hate Matt Damon.... fuckin can't stand him. I enjoyed watching The Departed purely for the fact that the quality of Jack Nicholson, whalburg and dicaprio made the gormless twat look like he was reading from an auto cue.

I'll watch The Accountant when I get chance it does look good and Afflek as Haf says is seriously underrated

Watched Office Party with the missus last night, typical comedy along the lines of Horrible Bosses etc, T.J Miller cracks me up (Deadpool) worth a watch if that's your thing nothing special though

He's a top actor, but like Leonardo dicaprio he doesn't get the credit he deserves cos he's a good looking bastard and women like him.

On that note I hate Matt Damon.... fuckin can't stand him. I enjoyed watching The Departed purely for the fact that the quality of Jack Nicholson, whalburg and dicaprio made the gormless twat look like he was reading from an auto cue.

Add Jake Gyllenhal to Affleck and Dicaprio to the list of modern day great actors. I actually do really like Affleck but wasn't sold on him as Batman when it was announced but he was spot on. He's looking like becoming a great director too.

I actually like Matt Damon, but he's not in top level for sure.

Going to see Silence this week, Scorcese's latest. Supposed to be very good but why are films so long now? 2h 41min long this apparently.

Scrub that, not released until 6th Jan.

Went to see Sully yesterday. As someone who's flown millions of miles, it actually struck a little close to home. It brought to mind the many emergency landings, aborted landings, overshot landings, heavy turbulence, and other incidents I've experienced through the years. I'm very grateful for the skill of those pilots.

Just downloaded that myself but not watched yet; not had much experience of all that fun stuff Steve, except for the heavy turbulence which I quite enjoy. Had one aborted take-off in Toulouse when they told us the plane would be out of commission so we'd have to wait until the following day but then they suddenly announced they'd fixed it so we could re-board. Captain came on the PA and announced that someone had hit something with a hammer and fixed the issue :lol:.

I don't think he'd have been as flippant with fare paying passengers but it was on the British Aerospace "airbridge" to Filton in Bristol so full of their workers flying for free.

Went to see Sully yesterday. As someone who's flown millions of miles, it actually struck a little close to home. It brought to mind the many emergency landings, aborted landings, overshot landings, heavy turbulence, and other incidents I've experienced through the years. I'm very grateful for the skill of those pilots.

Great film, as a Brit you start to think it's a typical American film over blowing something that happened (no offence to you yanks) but then you think through it that these events did actually happen!!! And interviews with Tom Hanks he states that 'Sully' was quite heavily involved in making sure the film was pretty much accurate, absolutely remarkable film and set of circumstances!

Great film, as a Brit you start to think it's a typical American film over blowing something that happened (no offence to you yanks) but then you think through it that these events did actually happen!!! And interviews with Tom Hanks he states that 'Sully' was quite heavily involved in making sure the film was pretty much accurate, absolutely remarkable film and set of circumstances!

Yup. Just watched it, very moving.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Rogue Nation at the cinema yesterday, bit confusing at the start if you're not a real Star Wars aficionado (which I'm not) but I really enjoyed it. Perfect ending also on more than one level.

Can tell you're not considering its called Rogue One :rofl: I am a huge Star Wars fan (currently have 6 star wars themed tattoos, yep I'm a nerd) I thought Rogue One was brilliant, ties up a few loose ends in the Episodic series and fits in perfectly.

In other news, new trailer for Season 5 of Prison Break (due out April 4) has been released, looks stupid and great! providing its more season 1 than season 4 then it will be very good.

Can tell you're not considering its called Rogue One :rofl: I am a huge Star Wars fan (currently have 6 star wars themed tattoos, yep I'm a nerd) I thought Rogue One was brilliant, ties up a few loose ends in the Episodic series and fits in perfectly.

In other news, new trailer for Season 5 of Prison Break (due out April 4) has been released, looks stupid and great! providing its more season 1 than season 4 then it will be very good.

I thought Rogue One was better than episode 7 hands down. Great movie and I hope that director/writer works on the rest of them. I'm a massive star wars nerd myself as well :)