• Jagielka
    • Schneiderlin
    • Coleman
    • Klaassen
    • Wllliams
    • Baines
    • Other please specify
    • Rooney

It's also the reason we never win any more- we have nobody with that winning mentality, that win at all costs or die trying type of player.

I'm not arsed about integrity, I want trophies and Jagielka needs launching as captain because he has zilch of any of that.

having a prick of a captain won't change the idea of "no one with a winning mentality". By that logic, all of them need to be cheating, dirty bastards which clearly isn't the case.

We've not won anything for years because of poor management of the club, nothing to do with having a loud mouth cheater being a captain

having a prick of a captain won't change the idea of "no one with a winning mentality". By that logic, all of them need to be cheating, dirty bastards which clearly isn't the case.

We've not won anything for years because of poor management of the club, nothing to do with having a loud mouth cheater being a captain

I didn't say I wanted a prick of a captain, I said I wanted a leader and a winner in the mold of Terry, or Keane, or Adams, or <insert name>

Jagielka is not a good captain, we need to get nastier and more competative. Fuck the moral high ground Matt, it gets you nowhere. Alls I care about is winning trophies.

I didn't say I wanted a prick of a captain, I said I wanted a leader and a winner in the mold of Terry, or Keane, or Adams, or <insert name>

Jagielka is not a good captain, we need to get nastier and more competative. Fuck the moral high ground Matt, it gets you nowhere. Alls I care about is winning trophies.

Terry and Gerrard were mentioned, and you can apply the prick label at Keane too.

So you want to be a Chelsea or City? A soulless club that's no different to the others? No thanks, we've got a team like that in the city and they play in red. I want Everton to continue to do things right, and now that we finally have the right people in place with money, I expect to win right and not be another sellout club.

battering the opposition is of course the ideal, but you don't need a prick of a captain to achieve that.

Integrity is what makes Everton different. I absolutely don't want to sacrifice that.

100% with you.

I didn't start supporting Everton because we won everything and I dont want us to become a Chelsea just to win things.

Would much rather we started winning by being Everton.

Terry and Gerrard were mentioned, and you can apply the prick label at Keane too.

So you want to be a Chelsea or City? A soulless club that's no different to the others? No thanks, we've got a team like that in the city and they play in red. I want Everton to continue to do things right, and now that we finally have the right people in place with money, I expect to win right and not be another sellout club.

I want us to win everything, I don't give a flying fuck how we do it.

I don't see this idea that Jags isn't a good captain. Yeah I'd like him to be a bit more vocal, but we have been behind other teams because they are better at football than our team. Not because Jags isn't aggressive and loud.

He's not a good captain Steve, he's never involved on the pitch, he never fights our corner when we're up against it. The City semi when the ball was out- not a peep out of him, when decisions re blatantly wrong- not a peep, the Mirallas Baines debacle over the penalty he was pulling his socks up on the halfway line.

Your Keanes, Gerrards, Adams, Terrys etc drag their teams forward when their backs are against the wall, they intimidate opposition sides, they are true leaders and that is what we are badly lacking.

Yeah what you say is true, we haven't got anybody who can grab the game by the scruff of the neck. But that's not how a captain is chosen, it's usually him, Barry, or Baines, experienced players who lead by example.

If it's not Jags this season I can see it being Morgan or Klaasen.

Jags has the respect of everyone in the squad and is quietly effective on the pitch. As his own form declined due to age he captaincy fell away to.

In his hay day I would have him as captain on the field, now I would have him as club captain and Schneiderlin as on the field captain.

Emotionally, it should be Jagielka. Practically, it should be Williams. Most likely? Klaassen.

Williams is a great leader, however he is not our leader. He's fresh into the team, his heart will never be in it as much as some of the other lads.

Coleman has been in our ranks for years now, we gave him that chance and I believe he respects that and loves the club.

He's vocal, a leader, a winner, and even when he hasn't had the best of games, he still gives 100% every single time he steps on the field.

Edited by AidanLewis

When a leader needs to intimidate it is because he can not inspire.

If a ref has made a wrong decision have you ever seen him change his mind because a captain has screamed in his face? I've not. It might put some doubt in his mind for the next one, but it won't get a decision over turned.

The Mirallas penalty incident shouldn't have happened, but that was the managers fault for not having that set before they went on the pitch.

No offence to you Pad, but I'm not taking your word for him being a bad captain when Moyes (who was himself a shouter) selected him, Martinez kept him on and so did Koeman. These guys have seen him at close quarters on a daily basis and didn't feel the need to replace him. Even Phil Neville offered to step down as captain so Jags could take over. I'll trust these guys first.

If a ref has made a wrong decision have you ever seen him change his mind because a captain has screamed in his face? I've not. It might put some doubt in his mind for the next one, but it won't get a decision over turned.

The Mirallas penalty incident shouldn't have happened, but that was the managers fault for not having that set before they went on the pitch.

No offence to you Pad, but I'm not taking your word for him being a bad captain when Moyes (who was himself a shouter) selected him, Martinez kept him on and so did Koeman. These guys have seen him at close quarters on a daily basis and didn't feel the need to replace him. Even Phil Neville offered to step down as captain so Jags could take over. I'll trust these guys first.

Jags is hardly inspirational though, he's not a winner. Beckham aside I can't think of any good lead by example captains.

Looking at the previous winners Paddock is right in his thinking. I can't remember what Sherwood was like as a player, but the rest of them were vocal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_footballers_with_a_Premier_League_winner%27s_medal

None taken Steve, it's your opinion and I would never expect you to change it for anyone.

Personally I think it's part of what's wrong with the team, I think he's a weak captain.

youve got me and my family with you in the "minority" too :)

maybe we should do a poll, because I'm honestly surprised that people would win at all costs

That portion of the conversation had nothing to do with winning at all costs, I said he'd be in the minority wanting Jagielka as a captain over Keane, Terry or Adams.

That portion of the conversation had nothing to do with winning at all costs, I said he'd be in the minority wanting Jagielka as a captain over Keane, Terry or Adams.

aaah, misunderstood. I don't remember Adams, but I'd still pick Jags ahead of those two animals

The poll might still be interesting though

Edited by Matt

aaah, misunderstood. I don't remember Adams, but I'd still pick Jags ahead of those two animals

The poll might still be interesting though

Love them or hate them, Keane, Adams and John Terry are winners and leaders. They're hated because of that. If any of them had come through Evertons ranks and led us to a champions league and title they would be idolised.

Part of our fanbase idolise Duncan Ferguson who was one of the biggest thugs to ever pull on a football shirt- but that's ok, he's one of us. Same fans moan like fuck over those I mentioned calling them horrible and dirty bastards.

We can't have it both ways. We can post as many polls as we like but the blue timted glasses will always be kept on during them.

Love them or hate them, Keane, Adams and John Terry are winners and leaders. They're hated because of that. If any of them had come through Evertons ranks and led us to a champions league and title they would be idolised.

Part of our fanbase idolise Duncan Ferguson who was one of the biggest thugs to ever pull on a football shirt- but that's ok, he's one of us. Same fans moan like fuck over those I mentioned calling them horrible and dirty bastards.

We can't have it both ways. We can post as many polls as we like but the blue timted glasses will always be kept on during them.

I hated them because of their behaviour, and if anything it took away from any success they had in my eyes