Sign in to follow this  
Zoo

England.

Totally agree haf. I think it’s no coincidence the likes of Pickford, trippier, Walker, McGuire, stones, Ali, Lingard, Kane and I’m sure there are others in the squad have played at lower league clubs either on loan or started there and haven’t had the silver spoon treatment. I think that’s a big reason why we have connected as a country. They get what it means to play for the country. I just wish we could get that back to club footie 

England squad in full: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Dele Alli (Tottenham), Ross Barkley (Chelsea), Marcus Bettinelli (Fulham), Jack Butland (Stoke City), Ben Chilwell (Leicester City), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Lewis Dunk (Brighton ), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Michael Keane (Everton), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), Alex McCarthy (Southampton), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Wayne Rooney (DC United), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal), Callum Wilson (Bournemouth), Harry Winks (Tottenham)

Keane and Pickford called up.

Also glad to see Wilson get a call-up. I really think he's under-rated, and I wouldn't mind him at Everton (as a foil to another striker we should be signing in January). 

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Best possible draw for the Nations Cup semi, Switzerland rather than Portugal or Holland.

What happened there? I listened to it live in the car and now we're apparently playing Holland😕.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

What happened there? I listened to it live in the car and now we're apparently playing Holland😕.

Seriously? No-one. I was sat in my car in the hospital car park and the first ball out was Portugal followed by Netherlands. BBC reporter then said that meant England would be playing Switzerland, switched the radio off and by the time I reached the waiting room my phone told me we were playing The Netherlands. Am I losing my mind?

29 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Northern Ireland 3-0 v Czech Republic at half time, puts our "performance" against them into perspective:rolleyes:

Czechs back to 2-3, squeeky bum time in NI:unsure:.

Four up in Bulgaria but looking like it'll be abandoned to me, game already stopped twice due to racist behaviour from the Bulgarian crowd; that's the first two UEFA sanctions used and the third is calling a halt. As they're plainly going to be beaten the morons have no good reason to change their actions. Presumably we'll be awarded the game if that happens but no specific rule in place for it.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s sad that this is happening in a modern world. I hope there aren’t any more chanting but if there is I hope it is abandoned and England awarded the win. The empty threats need to stop. 

The nazi salutes and "no respect" shirts are sickening. The "worst" of the crowd were filmed walking out five minutes before half time; but were they leaving the ground or heading for a beer?

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It’s a very toxic environment fulled by far right racist, I wouldn’t want to be leaving that ground to get to my hotel, I can see a lot of trouble outside the ground 

There's a lot of it about all over the World at the moment sadly; eastern European countries in particular it seems endemic, but it's on the rise virtually everywhere. Still some stuff being picked up by pitch-side mic's it seems but it's reduced this half for sure. Kudos to the Bulgarian captain for going to the crowd at half time, let's hope we get to the finish, half way there (and now five up).

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

It’s a very toxic environment fulled by far right racist, I wouldn’t want to be leaving that ground to get to my hotel, I can see a lot of trouble outside the ground 

A British man died before the game. Was that anything to do with trouble?

37 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Last I saw the BBC were calling it an "incident" so no real clue from that.

19 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Sanction should be short and sharp when it takes place, that the country  be banned from international competition for a specific time and that to include club competitions as well.

Problem with that is that it affects the innocent. Different circumstances obviously but us being banned from the European Cup for an incident that happened a week after we'd had a totally trouble free party in Rotterdam in 1985? That wasn't right obviously; the guilty need extreme measures I agree but not right to penalise those guilty by "association".

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

There's a lot of it about all over the World at the moment sadly; eastern European countries in particular it seems endemic, but it's on the rise virtually everywhere. Still some stuff being picked up by pitch-side mic's it seems but it's reduced this half for sure. Kudos to the Bulgarian captain for going to the crowd at half time, let's hope we get to the finish, half way there (and now five up).

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

As Mike said calling it an incident, but also heard a report that there was fighting during the day so could be linked to that.