IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

"Championship leaders QPR will have to play the last six minutes of their game against Leicester with 10 men.

QPR midfielder Joey Barton is booked for a challenge by referee Paul Tierney.

Barton then kicks the ball at one of the Leicester players and Tierney instantly shows Barton a second yellow and a red card. Leicester still lead 1-0 at Loftus Road through Jamie Vardy's first-half goal."

Barton got himself sent off deliberately so as not to play Boxing Day. Redknapp looked neither surprised nor interested.

Wes Brown also had no need to make the tackle he did and now misses next 3 - all over the festive period. Programme a couple of years ago about referees highlighted they are usually told to watch for players trying to do this at this time of year and also players had asked them to book them and when they hadn't the player would deliberately whack someone so they had no choice.

Always a draw when two teams around us are playing each other for me.....means only two points on offer rather than three.

I tend to go for what team I think will finish comfortably above/below us. Finding it a little harder to decide now Bob is in charge. You're right with the draw. Guess I'm being a little pessimistic just thinking of top 4, we're gonna win the League :celebrate:

I see Malky Mackay has finally been sacked by the nutty Cardiff chairman. West Brom next for him?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/wales/25526438

moments like this, which seem more and more common over the last 5-10 years, make me feel incredibly grateful to have Kenwright as our chairman, despite his/the boards failings over the years...