IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

I generally dont like Lennon but it might just be because he scares me a little!

Having looked through his managerial career so far I cant say that I am convinced when you take into account the Celtic are far superior to their rivals. I think he has won 3 pieces of silverware two of which were during/after the plummet of Rangers. They havent won any of the cups in the last 2 years and they were beaten in the qualifying round of the CL in 2011/2 before then going on to surprise everyone by reaching the last 16.

I have seen bits of them in the SPL and havent really been impressed but it can be hard to look good against inferior teams but they did lose 7 and drew 7 this season which again isnt overly impressive, albeit the CL would have been a big distraction.

Those CL performances were very impressive though and it does show that he can knows how to win big games, albeit as the underdog and in that way he reminds me of Moyes. The effort, commitment and workrate in the games I saw was phenomenal but I do feel that they may well be the exception rather than the rule. Personally I would like to see what he can do again next season to see whether it was a 'one off' or whether there was more to it.

Frank De Boer is the one that is interesting me the most at the moment.

He represents one of the top teams in the league and he did inherit a decent side, albeit one that constantly loses its best players to better clubs.

He has won the Eridivisie all three years but only reached the final of one of the cups (lost to AZ both times before). He has a good CL record (beat AC Milan away in his first game in charge, only lost to Real Madrid the year after, and had the 'group of death' this year only picking up points against City).

His sides play decent attacking and technical football, they and he has a 68% win ratio in a competitive league, only losing 2 games this season (albeit drawing 10 and shipping a few goals away from home).

Whether or not he would want to come to Everton is a different story having turned down Liverpool last year.

Marcelo Bielsa Anyone? Looks like he's leaving Bilbao end of the season. He did wonders with Bilbao last season, granted he's not done as well this season, but neither has Martinez and he's linked. Id love him here.

He would certainly be an interesting candidate! Does anyone know why they havent been as good this year? Was last year a one off or does he have excuses?

He would certainly be an interesting candidate! Does anyone know why they havent been as good this year? Was last year a one off or does he have excuses?

Javi Martinez went to Bayern and a couple of senior squad members left, while they only brought in 2 new players. Also, they hardly played their best striker Fernando Llorente as he refused to sign a new contract. I would be ecstastic with Bielsa. Wouldn't mind his predecessor at Bilbao either, Joaquin Caparros.

Right peeps i don't like posting daft things but seeing as this is a rumour page im gonna put my rumour on. Just got a worrying text off my mate. The lad is a Blackburn fan so he has no axe to grind but he was chatting to his mate before who is a scout for everton on some level. Anway he tells me the lad is good friends with Moyes and his dad as they both live in Longridge(wherever that is). Basically Moyes has told him Kenwright had met Lennons representatives last night in London and he has got the job. My mates just told me he has put £50 on it at bookies. Ive told him he is chatting bollocks but he did swear on his deceased mothers grave so he would be a twat if he is lying. I hope to fuck its not true sad.png

Yeah, Tricky your mate is talking bollox cos my mate is a rich nob and he lives in the house next door to Benitez in Caldy. He told me tonight that he saw his neighbour drinking San Miguel on his lawn wearing an Everton mankini and singing the Fellaini song. I'd stick your free £10 sky bet on Benitez if I were you.

Just remembered another Portuguese manager who is out of a job, Leonardo Jardim. Excellent young manager who got sacked from Olympiakos because he slept with the chairman's wife allegedly :lol: He was doing an excellent job there, after doing quite well with Braga in Portugal. He also got promotions with Chaves and Beira-Mar, before leading Beira-Mar to Premier League safety. His teams always play very attractive football as well. He's strongly rumoured to be Vitor Pereira's successor at Porto should he leave.

Would be my favourite option by far... If he was even in contention that is.

Right peeps i don't like posting daft things but seeing as this is a rumour page im gonna put my rumour on. Just got a worrying text off my mate. The lad is a Blackburn fan so he has no axe to grind but he was chatting to his mate before who is a scout for everton on some level. Anway he tells me the lad is good friends with Moyes and his dad as they both live in Longridge(wherever that is). Basically Moyes has told him Kenwright had met Lennons representatives last night in London and he has got the job. My mates just told me he has put £50 on it at bookies. Ive told him he is chatting bollocks but he did swear on his deceased mothers grave so he would be a twat if he is lying. I hope to fuck its not true sad.png

Hmmmmm........

I found out last night that a huge amount of the betting on Neil Lennon becoming next Everton manager have come from Lurgan (where he's from)............

ID6zoZl.png

Although, De Boer's transfer policies aren't really convincing to me...

De Boer isn't that involved with the transfers. Marc Overmars is Ajax' director of football and he's the guy responsible for Ajax transfer policy. That goes for all managers from the continent, they all have a director of football who have the final word in those matters.