IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

I think we will bring in somebody relatively notable. Moyes has been one of the highest paid managers in the league, making around £3m per year. That's £1m more than Martinez, who will make less should his club be relegated. Pereira has been making less than £1m per year. He would sure invite the pay increase. Someone like Klopp would even get a massive pay increase. I know we won't have oodles of money to spend on players (unless we sell... which we will), but the precedent for managerial salary here should be an interesting factor in whom we'll attract.

I think they both realize openly solliciting the job is disrespectful to their teams and fans and that they aren't doing themselves any favours by talking about it.

Couldn't agree more (was just going to post the same).

Would hate for us to get a despicable/disrespectful Rodger's type.

Neither Laudrup or Mackay have ruled it out in my opinion, it's not like they have said "No I would not be interested" categorically. Like someone said before, the way we played yesterday and the starting 11 we have, you'd be mad not to want to manage us. 10 internationals in the starting line up for a start!

I think we will bring in somebody relatively notable. Moyes has been one of the highest paid managers in the league, making around £3m per year. That's £1m more than Martinez, who will make less should his club be relegated. Pereira has been making less than £1m per year. He would sure invite the pay increase. Someone like Klopp would even get a massive pay increase. I know we won't have oodles of money to spend on players (unless we sell... which we will), but the precedent for managerial salary here should be an interesting factor in whom we'll attract.

We won't offer whoever comes in the same wages as Moyes (I would hope!), but it's still likely to be more than they currently receive so, as you say, that incentive will be there for them.

Blue glasses off... Would Benitez do?

I know i'm repeating myself a lot here about Benitez but, blue glasses off, YES! Forget that he managed liverpool, forget that we all hate him for calling Everton a small club, forget his smug little face....Look at his credentials:

La Liga (twice), Uefa cup, Champions league, Uefa super cup, Fa Cup, supercoppa italiana, FIFA world club cup.

Everton are at a juncture where they are no longer looking to stay afloat, they are looking to move forward into the top 4/5 of the premier league and into Europe (hopefully with some rich dude coming in to give us the financial clout that's really needed). We need a manager with these sorts of credentials who knows how to win things. Out of the managers available, he is my choice - in spite of the Liverpool connections.

I know i'm repeating myself a lot here about Benitez but, blue glasses off, YES! Forget that he managed liverpool, forget that we all hate him for calling Everton a small club, forget his smug little face....Look at his credentials:

La Liga (twice), Uefa cup, Champions league, Uefa super cup, Fa Cup, supercoppa italiana, FIFA world club cup.

Everton are at a juncture where they are no longer looking to stay afloat, they are looking to move forward into the top 4/5 of the premier league and into Europe (hopefully with some rich dude coming in to give us the financial clout that's really needed). We need a manager with these sorts of credentials who knows how to win things. Out of the managers available, he is my choice - in spite of the Liverpool connections.

Could our hatred of the guy actually be a sign that we secretly love him, and need him?

He is certainly one of the worlds proven managers.

No it doesn't, but he wants to stay in the prem, and at the moment we are the only available club!

Agree but our appointment could lead to a snow ball of appointments too.

That said i would prefer him over Hughes, Lennon, internal promotion for Neville, Dunc, Stubbs etc also.