IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

The people I would like to take over from Moyes is Martinez, Mackay, Laudrup.

Martinez - I like the way Wigan plays. How he can get his players motivated when he needs to, how he has a good relationship with his chairman. Wigan are also a club with very little money, okay, they are going to get relegated but we have a better side than Wiagn so lets see what he can do with our team.

Mackay - Took over from Rodgers at Watford, had a difficult season but kept them in the championship. Moved onto Cardiff, first season got them to the league cup final, losing out to the sh1te and just falling out of the playoff zone. This season finished 1st. Would be a perfect candidate.

Laudrup - Had a brilliant season as Swansea but the problem is he isn't very motivated. He has come out and said that himself. If things are going well for him he sticks it out. Not very ambitious if you ask me.

Edited by bluenosetoffee

Gus Poyet has made a big move in the betting after Brighton were put out of the play-offs last night....second favourite after Martinez now according to some bookies (joint favourite with Paddy Power),

I really, really, do not want a manager with no PL experience. Or at least have experience at the top level of their respective country of management.

Vítor Pereira - porto

Lucien Favre - Monchengladbach

Martinez

In that order for me!

Great shout. Not really considered but actually, could do very well. Works with little, to no financial clout and still produces very good teams.

Worked miracles with Hertha, considering their lack of funds and also saw the sale of their best players, only to finish well. Doing a grand job at Borussia Moch., 4th and 8th place finishes in the last two seasons, with a very limited squad.

Will keep an eye on that one, thanks DRS.

Great shout. Not really considered but actually, could do very well. Works with little, to no financial clout and still produces very good teams.

Worked miracles with Hertha, considering their lack of funds and also saw the sale of their best players, only to finish well. Doing a grand job at Borussia Moch., 4th and 8th place finishes in the last two seasons, with a very limited squad.

no problemo, there's absolutely no one for me that we've been linked to other than these 3, although Lucien Favre isn't getting mentioned :-(

Anyone know an email address I can send this list of 3 managers to? LOL

Mark Hughes............ I would rather suicide11.gif

Edited by drs08

Moyes has apparently said He will leave it down to Kenwright but He personally thinks that there are people from within the Club that are more then capable of stepping in....

Great logic Moyes let's risk all that hard graft and what has been built over the years on an ex player with zero managerial experience....tit

After those comments where made he had a fair bit to say about Ferguson not so much in a managerial sense but how great a man he has become and so on, I might be reading into it to much but it all came across as a bit of a media type stunt to big him up as a potential successor.

Hope its just a case of seven twelve hour night shifts taking its toll and my brain going abit tits up and reading into to much...

And maybe he could bring Marc ter Stegen with him! If only.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Guys, this is a guy who wanted to ship out Alonso and bring in barry! He signed some good players for liverpool but there were a fair few clangers. We cant afford for somebody like him to come in and piss our money up the wall on an Aquallani or a dossena

yeah to be fair i was amazed by that myself but imo he is a superior manager to martinez who is favourite to come. dont think this is going to be a quick decision.

Edited by Blue4Ever

I really, really, do not want a manager with no PL experience. Or at least have experience at the top level of their respective country of management.

Moyes came from the championship and had no previous Prem experience, but I would have Martinez or Loudrup before any of the other names who are presently linked.

Edited by Bill

Good article that. smile.png

Nice folks all round it seems, as well as being decently honest.

And with Arsenal now leading 4-1 with minutes left and Wigan effectively relegated, hopefully Bill will be on the phone tonight. Well, OK, maybe he's decent enough to wait until the morning dry.png

I don't know about Martinez anymore. I hadn't heard this until the match today, but apparently Wigan finished 11th the season before Martinez arrived. Of course it is difficult with such a small budget, and losing your best 1-3 players every summer, but still, I'm just not sure. Now getting Wigan to 11th is TRULY a massive achievement (Steve Bruce of all people did it too).

I don't know about Martinez anymore. I hadn't heard this until the match today, but apparently Wigan finished 11th the season before Martinez arrived. Of course it is difficult with such a small budget, and losing your best 1-3 players every summer, but still, I'm just not sure. Now getting Wigan to 11th is TRULY a massive achievement (Steve Bruce of all people did it too).

They still spent more money back then than they do now.

http://hereisthecity.com/2011/09/05/4-years-of-summer-transfer-spending-heres-where-it-got-wigan/

I like the article about Pereira in the Echo.

Sounds experienced in the scenario we've become accustomed to. No money and having to sell to buy.

The more I read and hear about him, the more I become convinced he could be the man for the job. Nothing against Martinez as I think his teams play good (but not winning) football, but I don't really want a manger who has taken his team into the championship.

For comparison, look at the impact Mcleish had at Villa after taking Birmingham down.

16th, 16th, 15th & 18th is how they have finished under Martinez. I'd take him if Pereira didn't come as with limited funds that Wigan have and a squad that's ripped apart every season I think those positions ain't bad.

I've said many times Martinez isn't my first choice but he's much better than others mentioned.

16th, 16th, 15th & 18th is how they have finished under Martinez. I'd take him if Pereira didn't come as with limited funds that Wigan have and a squad that's ripped apart every season I think those positions ain't bad.

I've said many times Martinez isn't my first choice but he's much better than others mentioned.

http://www.wiganer.net/league_history/wigan_athletic/index.shtml

Lol he is comfortably the worst manager in Wigan's Premiership history based on league positions! Not totally sold on him but I still think he is one of the better options given the names being bandied about, would prefer Laudrup but cant see him wanting to come