IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

He did a bad job at Ajax though. Their fans really wanted him out as they weren't playing the Ajax way under him, which is very important to their fans. He also didn't win the league with them, which means you didn't do good enough of a job. He also signed one of his former players at Hamburg, Thimothée Atouba, for 1.4m a year. That made him one of Ajax' highest paid players and he was incredibly shit.

At Fulham he's also signed Manolev, who is frequently ridiculed on Dutch television, and Enoh, who's a brainless fitness enthusiast without any footballing ability, and Frimpong, who's basically the English Enoh. I don't rate Kieran Richardson at all either. And he's only been able to sign Berbatov because they knew each other from their time at Tottenham.

There's the negatives... some positive signings at Spurs include Bale, Lennon, Berbatov and Dawson. Still rate him for what he's done in England regardless.

Martinez seems to have exactly the right personality to manage our club. Lennon no charisma, not sure that a foreign coach is what we need - ok I know Martinez is Spanish but has spent a long time here and most important to us I think he would get the huge importance of the Derby. And anyway what had DM done when he came in 11 years ago? RM now has the FA Cup.

Anyone who doesn't want the job after watching today needs sectioning.

Agree 100%

It's embarrassing some of the names a few have mentioned for the job, We are the six best placed team in one of the best leagues in world football and We all know we can be much better then we have at times this season.

Without going into to much detail We are a fantastic prospect for any manager that is below the likes of the mega earners Jose and co....

Heard in an article on Teamtalk today that Mark Hughes is "coy" on the Everton job. This makes me literally want to pretend I'm someone falling off a cliff shouting NOOOOOOOO!

All I can say is you might be coy on us but I reckon I speak for 99.9999999% of Everton fans in saying that we are not coy on you!

If he gets the job, I won't watch us until he's gone.

agree totallly, if he comes in im staying away from football what a say day that would be

personally i think laudrup would be the best option

lennon and hughes can fuck off

dont want martinez but if its between him and lennon as the bookies have it theres only 1 person any fan wants.

Either that or they manage a club that is going places ... ie Europe.

Wigan and Swansea may be going (probably briefly) into Europe next season but neither has a fraction of the potential of Everton, would be a very short term attitude if any manager stayed with them for that.

photo-2_normal.JPG

Everton fans respond to West Ham chants of 'Where's your Moysie gone?' with 'We want Sam Allardyce, we want Sam Allardyce.' @BenSmithBBC 2 minutes ago

no we fuckin dont!

From: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10052003/Everton-2-West-Ham-United-0-match-report.html

West Ham fans taunted their hosts with a chant of 'Where's your Moysey gone?'.

Everton supporters' response of 'You've got Sam Allardyce, You've got Sam Allardyce' suggest that whoever the identity of Moyes' successor is they do not want anyone in the mould of the Hammers boss.

Apparently Jurgen Klinsmann's odds have gone from 100/1 to 14/1 in the space an hour. He'd be interesting.

Agree. He's probably earning quite a bit though for the US and he might want to go to the World Cup. Then again, he also might want to try his hand at club football, if I was a young manager I'd much rather work day to day at a club team.

Good point about the World Cup. Still, nicer to hear his name over Hughes or Lennon. I just want someone exciting who takes risks and favours attacking football. I must admit Martinez has grown on me big time. I was happy for him yesterday as he seems a really nice guy and a top coach. When do you think we'll actually appoint someone? Hopefully sooner rather than later as he needs time to prepare for pre-season.

Edited by Geth

Cant see Jurgen wanting a full time job i think he likes part -time and living in America. I think if we want Martinez, Wigans future will be probably be sorted after tuesday so then will be the time to make an approach. I think he has really proved himself yesterday and i think he can make the step up. I think we are an ideal club for each other. He probably turned down Villa and The Shite because he wants time to build a club like he has stated he wants to do with Wigan but i think if we offer him the job he will come. On other websites it is claiming its gonna be Neville and Weirmajor%20overreaction%20alert.gif

I really cant see the board appointing any of the coaching staff/ex players it would far to risky move on many fronts let alone a ridiculous thing to do.

Like others have said any manager who has any ambition would be pretty daft imo to turn the chance down, with the possibility of a decent amount of money to spend which has hindered us in the past in terms of progress just makes the post even more appealing.

If the board go for a Lennon Hughes type or even an ex player it will for me show a massive lack of ambition and will be a big kick in the bollocks to the fans.

I hope they approach Martinez as out of all the names mentioned he's the one I want and the one who I think realistically will come here....