IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Chelsea would be nuts to let Rafa go, and to be fair, he might not want to come here any way.

I used to love the banter between him and us, and as much as we loved to hate him we probably all missed him when he went.

I'm not sure the hardcore fans would accept him though.

Well, to weigh in with my own views, and my first proper post...I'm taking a deep breath here...

Firstly, whoever comes in has got a brilliant first 11 to play with. Behind that first 11 is a bit of a problem, we all know more depth is needed to the squad. The debate around the youngsters will rage on...but with our top drawer (albeit rented) training facilities and youth set up, I would like to see some of the young ones given a bit more opportunity. Whoever it is will need to do this.

Finacially, we are still going to be a club with a lower budget. I know peeps rave on about the new TV deal, but every club is going to get extra so I only expect player prices and wages to rise as a result of this money...so it doesnt change the financial playing field. Someone needs to be used to working on a tight budget.

Everyone wants modern, Euro style attacking football. Our first 11 can do this but the next man must get rid of this 'sit back after 70mins' mentality. Free flowing football has to be the mentality from the off.

For me, Martinez from day one. He is also only 39 and will know he will be given time. But I honestly believe that with his view on football tactics and our current crop of players, he would fit right in. He turned down Villa and that shite, but he was concerned about stability and how his role would be played out. Here, he has 100% control. A lot of people criticise BK, in some ways so do I, but the way he handled Moyes, relationship wise, must be an attraction for Martinez. Plus, Wigan are going down and I dont think they'll be back anytime soon...Europa + Championship? No chance!

I have always disliked Benitez, his arrogance drives me crazy. But, he is my second choice and from his quotes today, he is flirting himself a bit I think. His record speaks for itself. But I doubt he could handle the lack of money.

Phew!

The initial mention of Benitez had me instinctively recoiling from the idea. My preferred option always has been Martinez as I like his style and ability to find and refine players, but the more I think about it the more I can see we shouldn't just dismiss Rafa out of hand. If I can put his RS association to one side (not easy, admittedly) he has a track record and a knowledge of English and European football and players that shouldn't be ignored, and I have a grudging admiration for the way he has performed on and off the field at Chelsea despite the poisonous atmosphere.

Still don't like the bloke though. Heart says 'NO WAY!'. Head says he's worth some consideration, if we can't get Martinez...

So long as we don't get a buffoon I'm happy. I don't want Lennon, McKay or Hughes.

I'd actually take Benitez myself, he wouldn't be a first choice candidate but I don't think he has the love for Liverpool that he once had. Thumbs up from me.

Come on guys, honestly can you see Kenwright employing Benitez? Never going to happen is it?

How about Ancellotti? Although Real Madrid seem to be after him according to SSN. Anyway Mourhino is definately leaving there (apparently)

Oh well another name in the pile eh? rofl.gif

So long as we don't get a buffoon I'm happy. I don't want Lennon, McKay or Hughes.

I'd actually take Benitez myself, he wouldn't be a first choice candidate but I don't think he has the love for Liverpool that he once had. Thumbs up from me.

agree, wouldnt have been my first choice but to be fair he's far superior a manager than the names mentioned above.

Guys, this is a guy who wanted to ship out Alonso and bring in barry! He signed some good players for liverpool but there were a fair few clangers. We cant afford for somebody like him to come in and piss our money up the wall on an Aquallani or a dossena

Roberto Martinez bought Mauro Boselli for £6.5 million. Every manager makes a clanger.

Guys, this is a guy who wanted to ship out Alonso and bring in barry! He signed some good players for liverpool but there were a fair few clangers. We cant afford for somebody like him to come in and piss our money up the wall on an Aquallani or a dossena

ADM, Billy, kroldrup, to name a few, it happens with every manager to be fair

No to the FSW, much rather have the SSM'D (Martinez). I find it impossible to get over the shite connection with Benitez, and he may be proven, but is he 'proven' at an overperforming club with cock all money and likely to lose its best players in the summer? No! I don't trust him not to bring in a load of shitty players - the list of his flops at Anfiel was enormous. Also, his wage demands would be fuckng mahoosiv, probably comparable if not more than what Moyes is on,

mad.gif There is no shaking of the head emoticon, I would notpiss.gif on the fat little Spanish fecker if he were on fire. It's not the fact that I hate him, he ain't all he is cracked up to be. Took over a Liverpool team built by Houllier, not his, booted out of Inter failing miserably, jesus all he had to do was follow on from Mourinhio, and at Valencia spent so much cash they are now nearly bankrupt, while at Chelski he inherits a European cup winning team the jammy sod.NO, NO, NO to him I say.violent.gif

mad.gif There is no shaking of the head emoticon, I would notpiss.gif on the fat little Spanish fecker if he were on fire. It's not the fact that I hate him, he ain't all he is cracked up to be. Took over a Liverpool team built by Houllier, not his, booted out of Inter failing miserably, jesus all he had to do was follow on from Mourinhio, and at Valencia spent so much cash they are now nearly bankrupt, while at Chelski he inherits a European cup winning team the jammy sod.NO, NO, NO to him I say.violent.gif

Hate it when you sit on the fence jona.....tell us what you really feeltongue.png.

Mancini might get fired this week? Would we look at him? I think that he would do well at Everton. Question is, would he take the job?

No fecking way... Cant believe people are seriously bringing both Mancini and Benitez into the equation!

mad.gif There is no shaking of the head emoticon, I would not:piss: on the fat little Spanish fecker if he were on fire. It's not the fact that I hate him, he ain't all he is cracked up to be. Took over a Liverpool team built by Houllier, not his, booted out of Inter failing miserably, jesus all he had to do was follow on from Mourinhio, and at Valencia spent so much cash they are now nearly bankrupt, while at Chelski he inherits a European cup winning team the jammy sod.NO, NO, NO to him I say.violent.gif

Finally someone with sense! smile.png

People are slagging Moyes off for being tactically poor, sticking with out of form players and completely bizarre substitutions and yet you want to go for a guy that is just as bad at them very same things. He is arrogant and disrespectful and he would bring this club to its knees, like he almost did with Valencia.

We arent just looking for somoene to manage the first team squad, we are looking for someone to lead us forward and be a figurehead for the club. He is the opposite of what we as a club stand for.

mancini can fuck right off. tactially shit against us for the past 2 seasons. Moyes owned the shit out of him, and we played them off the park. he couldnt manage a piss up in a brewery

Mancini is good in every way, except the selection of his starting line-up. He sometimes makes the stupidest mistakes.

I remember watching Manchester City play at Stamford bridge last season, where AVB used a perfect line-up at the time. Manchester City was unbeaten up until that point. I knew before the game started that it would come down to which team had the line-up that made most sense. And Mancini blew it. Zabaleta as a right back, instead if the in-form Richards. Striking pair Aguero-Balitelli, even though we knew that one didn't have any chemistry, and Milner instead of Adam Johnson. At that time, Zabaleta and Milner sucked, whereas Richards and Adam Johnson were stellar. The only striking pairs that worked, were with Dzeko in it for some reason.

Consequence is that Man CIty was no longer unbeaten and the rest was history.

Edited by Mirallas

mancini can fuck right off. tactially shit against us for the past 2 seasons. Moyes owned the shit out of him, and we played them off the park. he couldnt manage a piss up in a brewery

I'd have Mancini before Hughes & McKay though.

We won't get him anyway, my tip is that he's going to take over at big spending Monaco.

Mancini now joins the merry band of mega paid, high turnover super managers. The ones who get £25m - 5 year deals based on expectations of delivering the domestic and european double each year, and who get relieved of their job after 18 months of delivering one title and a cup.

Ancelotti, Mourinho, Lippi, Hiddink, Rijkaard, Pellegrini, Hitzfeld.

Very difficult to hire one of these and believe that they will embrace your clubs ethos - they are in to do a job, little in the way of emotion - "if you wanna sack me then good luck" is how they must feel with the contracts they negotiate. They are rich beyond belief and it is of no issue to them to have a sacking against their name - to them they are the best and they milk the mega rich clubs for their fickleness. It wouldn't surprise me if they have their own little G8 summit smoking big fat cigars, drinking the finest brandy chuckling at the likes of Michael Appleton having an interview with Wolves (50/1).