IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Got to be honest, i think Martinez won't play Delofeu in the league until after our first win. Martinez is using (aparting from Barkley) pretty much the same squad and set up as Moyes, albeit with a different playing style. I think once we've won a game and have got the wind at our backs we'll see a lot mroe of him.

I 'd be hesistant to ask a 19 year old from a different league to come in and start winning us games right from the off. and regarding the season loan and he should be getting more games angle, I honetly think starting him above other players at Everton at the start of the season would send the wrong message to the players. He's not a mercenary we've hired to come in and win us the league title, he's a young player, still developing, who needs a guiding hand and a club that will give him the chance to grow. Growth does happen in spurts, but to ask for one of those after 2 games is a bit much.

Let him bed in, ideally with a game like stevenage tonight where he should be miles above the opposition in terms of pace and skill, and I'm sure we'll soon see him starting games, or at least getting 20-30 mins.

It seems everyone's fallen in love with this guy and he hasn't really played that much for us yet. But, after tonight's game, I can see why Martinez hasn't played him in any league games yet.

For me, he seems a little too right foot biased. For the first 60 or so minutes - until he switched to the left - he tried to beat his man on the outside to get a cross in with his right foot. He didn't really come inside until he switched to the left (obviously onto his right foot) - and I can only remember him putting in one cross with his left foot.

Along with that, you can see he's probably not quite up to the physicality of the Prem yet. He few too many times tonight, he was muscled off the ball too easily. He won one or two free kicks, but that's something he's going to have to work on.

Don't get me wrong, I think this kid has got bags of talent. I just wanted to point out that I can see why he probably isn't quite as ready, as say Barkley is, to step up.

It seems everyone's fallen in love with this guy and he hasn't really played that much for us yet. But, after tonight's game, I can see why Martinez hasn't played him in any league games yet.

For me, he seems a little too right foot biased. For the first 60 or so minutes - until he switched to the left - he tried to beat his man on the outside to get a cross in with his right foot.

I don't really see a problem with this part.

Spot on Wall Writer!

One thing that worried me is he looked like he's here for him rather than being here for the team due to his selfishness and lack of effort off the ball at times. Yes it's only one game and in reality he should have come off when his legs had gone after 60mins but still it looks like there's a long way to go.

Overall, there are plenty of positives but many ???

I thought he was fantastic and his goal came from his left foot. And his corners were very dangerous, full of pace instead of floaty shite like the others tend to put in.

Obviously tired badly towards the end, but showed lots of promise and was very exciting.

His corners weren't getting through though Romes. What I did like were the occasional diagonal / short corners though.

He seems to save energy as opposed to being unwilling to chase a ball. That probably comes from playing in high temperatures. We have to remember he isn't Cristiano Ronaldo, and treat his opportunities as a supportive capacity, rather than expect everything to be perfect.

I thought he was fantastic and his goal came from his left foot. And his corners were very dangerous, full of pace instead of floaty shite like the others tend to put in.

Obviously tired badly towards the end, but showed lots of promise and was very exciting.

Definitely two footed but prefers his right. I'd just add that every level he's played at, he's eventually triumphed. In the youth setup at Barcelona, players with standout talent are often moved around in their age categories to see what they are capable of. Similar happened with Messi, Bojan & Dongou. Bojan eventually showed he lacked the requisite skills to be a dangerous forward/winger in world football but Deulofeu is not only full of confidence (Compared to how droopy/mopey Krkic turned out to be) but has thrived on every level.

Deulo, however, never made a splash with the first team although he has barely featured. Defenders will learn what frustrates him and Gerard will have to adjust which is part of what is missing from his overall game, IMHO. Extremely smart on the ball and clearly is being told to focus on his wide play before assuming a goalscoring role which will also benefit the player going forward.

Very happy to see him do well already, especially against an extremely well organized Stevenage side in a cup competition

Definitely two footed but prefers his right. I'd just add that every level he's played at, he's eventually triumphed. In the youth setup at Barcelona, players with standout talent are often moved around in their age categories to see what they are capable of. Similar happened with Messi, Bojan & Dongou. Bojan eventually showed he lacked the requisite skills to be a dangerous forward/winger in world football but Deulofeu is not only full of confidence (Compared to how droopy/mopey Krkic turned out to be) but has thrived on every level.

Deulo, however, never made a splash with the first team although he has barely featured. Defenders will learn what frustrates him and Gerard will have to adjust which is part of what is missing from his overall game, IMHO. Extremely smart on the ball and clearly is being told to focus on his wide play before assuming a goalscoring role which will also benefit the player going forward.

Very happy to see him do well already, especially against an extremely well organized Stevenage side in a cup competition

It's very clear why the hype exists but it's also very clear why Barcelona aren't ready to insert him into games yet. He definitely needs to learn when is and isn't the right time to run at the defenders vs when to release the ball a bit earlier. And he needs to learn how to protect the ball a bit better. Obviously these are things that can only be learned with experience, so I wouldn't be concerned from a long-term standpoint. Hopefully the coaching staff here can work with him on these things in the next few months and he'll be well-rounded and ready to get some first-team minutes on a consistent basis by December or January.

I really think Jelly will be onto a winner with this kid in the team, I mean he wont have to think, just hit it first time. All he needs to do is to vary his runs a bit. On a side note, If Gerard Deulofeu manages to provide Jelly with, say 20 goals, does that mean we can sell Baines and peanut next season and invest the cash to buy this kid? Hypothetical I know, just curious to know other opinions.

I really think Jelly will be onto a winner with this kid in the team, I mean he wont have to think, just hit it first time. All he needs to do is to vary his runs a bit. On a side note, If Gerard Deulofeu manages to provide Jelly with, say 20 goals, does that mean we can sell Baines and peanut next season and invest the cash to buy this kid? Hypothetical I know, just curious to know other opinions.

Not going to happen. I think Barcelona want to hang onto this kid, and if they did let him go, the pricetag would be way too much for us.

Awesome. 2 seasons and i'll think we'll see him destroy opposition.

I still stand by it, that this season is about him getting used to, the tempo and speed. A potential, 'next season', he'll dick on defenders...I am certain.

Is it me though, but have we gone from holding a lot of players who are seeing out the best days of their careers, to having 4 players (Deulofeu, Barkley Lukaku and McCarthy) who are all destined for the VERY VERY top, not just in Europe but potentially the world?

F*CKING HELL lads...!!

We're gonna be awesome.

Someone play the BOOMtown rats, before I preBOOM in my pants.

bahahahahahahahaha

Love it

big_grin_smiley_face_sticker-p2177463679

Edited by tenaciousj