IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

I dont disagree with any of you.

Just for my own opinion i do nt think Messi has been that good against english teams. He has had his moments yes but not to the extent and ease that he has it against many spanish teams.

Dont get me wrong, a lot of this is down to my love of England and the English game and my arrogance that we play the beautiful game better than any other league.. with the exepction of a few great teams, ala Barca!

And i dont think Messi would be ineffective over here, just not as effective.

And again the champions league is the epitome of world football where every player should sweat blood and guts to prove themselves. I just ask the question of could he do it week in week out in the premier league? I am not sure. At Barca he plays alongside the worlds most underated player, Iniesta. And Iniesta is rated one of the best in the world but i still think he is underated... thats how good i think he actually is.

But then again if you would ask me to pick my best starting 11 from any player on the planet.... i would choose the 11 that started against United on wednesday!

So maybe my opinion isn't very reliable haha!

The thing about this Deulofeu is that he is greedy. If we can drill the out of him then he will be an outstanding player in years to come. There was rumours saying we could get him another season. I hope we do because he does add that little something on the wings that we need. I like him and think he is a good player just that he is a bit greedy

Him and Barkley are both as greedy as each other. Always goes for goal when there is an easier option. Mirallas used to do it as well but now is a lot better, has his selfish moments now and again but who doesn't.

Anyway back on topic. Gerard looks like he good be a top player in years to come. :)

he is greedy but i am sure this will get better with experience.

He has the ability and this is why we need to let him learn his way. there is no point trying to teach it out of him because thats where his skill lies. His ability is to take players on and create options, he just needs to learn to find these options now.

I am finding him so exciting to watch but also frustrating. the way he pulled away for a one on one against utd had me on the edge of my seet, though at the same time i had no confodence he would finish it.

What he does do is make lif so much more exciting. He makes Everton so much more exciting.

Along with Barkley, i think he is much more effective when he is selfish. Barkley can sometimes try to hard not to be selfish instead of playing his natural game and i wouldnt want Jerry to suffer the same. Let it come slowly and naturally with experience.

But wasnt it good to see 19 year old barkley, Englands big hope being taken and and replaced by 19 year old Jerry, Spains big hope.... and all at Everton!

I dont disagree with any of you.

Just for my own opinion i do nt think Messi has been that good against english teams. He has had his moments yes but not to the extent and ease that he has it against many spanish teams.

Dont get me wrong, a lot of this is down to my love of England and the English game and my arrogance that we play the beautiful game better than any other league.. with the exepction of a few great teams, ala Barca!

And i dont think Messi would be ineffective over here, just not as effective.

And again the champions league is the epitome of world football where every player should sweat blood and guts to prove themselves. I just ask the question of could he do it week in week out in the premier league? I am not sure. At Barca he plays alongside the worlds most underated player, Iniesta. And Iniesta is rated one of the best in the world but i still think he is underated... thats how good i think he actually is.

But then again if you would ask me to pick my best starting 11 from any player on the planet.... i would choose the 11 that started against United on wednesday!

So maybe my opinion isn't very reliable haha!

Fair enough mate - we are all biased and prone to indulge in hyperbole (I overegg the pudding above in regards to Ronaldo being boring and RVP being incredibly overrated, even if I do think those things to an extent), I just took your comment as a PL superiority complex. I just wanted to voice my own opinion.

Totally agree about Iniesta - he's vastly underrated and I actually consider him better and more talented than Ronaldo - modern football fans are obsessed with goal stats so guys like Iniesta don't get the credit they deserve, ditto Xavi. In saying that, Iniesta has been playing pretty averagely for a year now. With everyone on top form I still think he's the second best player in the world. It's actually been winding me up for years that people say 'Messi or Ronaldo' when the truth is it's far more reasonable to say X and I are better than Ronaldo than he is better than Messi.

Edited by Nikica

I think gerry the way he guides past players is a joy to watch. The more he plays and feels part of the first eleven the final ball and finishes will come easily for him as he is probably trying too hard and at the minute. A present he is an outstanding prospect.

Speaking of the messi/ ronaldo debate I think ronaldo is a thorough bread athlete but plays for himself. Messi for me creates goals from nothing and is the better player. I love iniesta but my favourite of all time was zindane

Earlier in the season, I would've said pretty confidently it'd be a 2 year loan if he got regular playing time...Now, I am starting to move towards recall this summer...Especially if he continues to build upon his performances, which I am pretty sure he will

I think he'll be back to the club this summer

Earlier in the season, I would've said pretty confidently it'd be a 2 year loan if he got regular playing time...Now, I am starting to move towards recall this summer...Especially if he continues to build upon his performances, which I am pretty sure he will

hope youre wrong! I think hes going to need a second season to really get a feel for the game, best stay with us just to make sure :P

Is he ready to displace Neymar, pedro, sanchez, messi??? Maybe he may get 10 games if he gets recalled - as opposed to being a 30 game player for us next season??? Wishful thinking, maybe the only thing that may keep him here is the need to develop decision making (when to be selfish, when to give)

I'm just hoping we can do another year, what a talent he is. The sky is the limit for this kid.

Is he ready to displace Neymar, pedro, sanchez, messi??? Maybe he may get 10 games if he gets recalled - as opposed to being a 30 game player for us next season??? Wishful thinking, maybe the only thing that may keep him here is the need to develop decision making (when to be selfish, when to give)

I'm just hoping we can do another year, what a talent he is. The sky is the limit for this kid.

There are 2 attacking players in the rotation of the squad where questions about their future will be addressed by summer - Pedro & Tello...To say nothing of Afellay & Cuenca

I think Deulofeu would rotate with Alexis, Neymar & Leo...He's not starting yet for Everton so if he can be an effective sub here, the thinking would be why not with his club as well

Everything, of course, is predicated both on how he does the rest of the season and how the attacking depth for Barcelona sorts out

I'd be happy with him staying on at Everton but while I had previously thought there was little chance of him returning this summer now I am not so certain

Just reminding people, love the player but remember he's just a rental - he was always going to return

Edited by FCBarça

There are 2 attacking players in the rotation of the squad where questions about their future will be addressed by summer - Pedro & Tello...To say nothing of Afellay & Cuenca

I think Deulofeu would rotate with Alexis, Neymar & Leo...He's not starting yet for Everton so if he can be an effective sub here, the thinking would be why not with his club as well

Everything, of course, is predicated both on how he does the rest of the season and how the attacking depth for Barcelona sorts out

I'd be happy with him staying on at Everton but while I had previously thought there was little chance of him returning this summer now I am not so certain

Just reminding people, love the player but remember he's just a rental - he was always going to return

:shaking fist:

Its going to be a bit like borrowing an Aston Martin and driving your Mondeo back if we see Naismith replace Gerry.

I think this is the start of something good. La Masia to Finch farm to Nou Camp - the barca way.

I do think that Barca will be looking at Bob as a future manager also.

Really didn't want to say it yet, but had the same thought at the weekend. Thought it too much of a statement to say so early.

See how much more he could do with us before casting a true opinion but it's a thought I also had...

Really didn't want to say it yet, but had the same thought at the weekend. Thought it too much of a statement to say so early.

See how much more he could do with us before casting a true opinion but it's a thought I also had...

Just gotta hope their current one does a great job.

I think he will stay for another year after this season. Barca have Neymar and Messi, both in free roles.

read this on sky. (interview with a spanish football expert)

Remember, every week you can send in your questions for our Spanish football expert using the feedback form below.

Here's his answers to the latest selection of readers' responses - including his thoughts on Gerard Deulofeu, Pepe Reina and Spain's World Cup chances...

Guillem answers your questions

BACK TO BARCA?
Hi Guillem. How highly rated is Gerard Deulofeu at Barcelona and do you think Everton will be able to get him on loan for a second season? Thanks, Andy

GUILLEM SAYS: Barcelona haven't taken a decision about Deulofeu. I think he will benefit from another year at Everton. At a time when Neymar and Lionel Messi seem to have two of the places up front, Deulofeu is too free a soul to be guaranteed a place in the line-up of Barcelona with them playing. Only Messi can be free; Neymar has less tactical obligations but the third one up front needs to work hard defending and that's not Deulofeu's game - in fact, that's what he has to work on. He will do that at Everton with another season there - but no decision has been taken about that.

Martinez on Deulofeu:

"I'm not thinking about that (extending his stay) now. What I am excited about is seeing Gerard's potential to develop and show his best in next five months.

"He is such a special footballer, one that anyone would enjoy watching, he's adjusted to life in the British game and understands what is needed - and he has done that quicker than we expected.

"We have an agreement (with Barcelona) over 10 months, it would be ridiculous to sit down now about the next step.

"We're all happy and will leave it until the end of the season and see where we are.

"If he does really well the chances of having him longer are slim."