IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Deulofeu's got a lot of potential, but in my mind his whole schtick at present is 90% fake-left-step-over-move/shoot right; and it's more than a bit predictable. He's pesky and effective in certain situations and I'm not knocking him for that, but he can be shut down pretty quick by an astute defense. Fortunately for him he's young so I hope to see his game get more versatile.

He's 19 for christ sake, one of the best prospect in the whole of Europe right now.

i just don't see it. One or two impressive performances is about it, add on top of that he is incredibly lightweight and dives. Think the media have bigged him up too early. He might go the way of Ronaldo, he might disappear into obscurity like so many talented youngsters in their debut season

Guest blueboy122

Januzaj looks to have a lot of talent but I don't see him hitting Ronaldo sort of heights. Same sort of player as Nani for me the ability is there no doubt its just the application and commitment.

Gerard same really he has all the tools to be a great player, he pace is blistering which is a huge bonus for us at the moment. He is highly thought of in Spain apprentley so will no doubt get his chance over there, I think he will play for Barca for a number of years but won't quite be a Messi/Ronaldo. I dont think you need to be the greatest player in the world though if your playing in that team with XAVI and INNIESTA feeding you all the time. On a side note I would love to see Messi in the PL without Xavi and Inniesta feeding him all the time.

This should have no impact on Barca loaning him to us for another season unless they were planning to sign a player of his ilk - the reality is that they may insert a recall clause.

They haven't needed him this season and will not need him till he is better than what they have.

The biggest impact is that Barca will not be competing for the likes of Suarez if he has a good world cup, this may actually prompt Real and PSG into doing their business this summer and taking advantage of the situation.

Barcelona are already heavily stocked up front: Starters (Messi - Cesc - Neymar), bench Pedro, Alexis Sanchez, Tello. And Iniesta likes to play as a left forward as well.

That is the reason why they said they will recall Rafinha Alcantara but they are unsure about Deulofeu. They can use one more CM, many defenders, and one keeper, but no more forwards. Tello has barely played, and Cuenca has not featured the whole year, Afellay neither. It is not the same level of talent, but you get the point. Pedro > Deulofeu.

I feel he will stay one more season unless they sell someone.

Barcelona are already heavily stocked up front: Starters (Messi - Cesc - Neymar), bench Pedro, Alexis Sanchez, Tello. And Iniesta likes to play as a left forward as well.

That is the reason why they said they will recall Rafinha Alcantara but they are unsure about Deulofeu. They can use one more CM, many defenders, and one keeper, but no more forwards. Tello has barely played, and Cuenca has not featured the whole year, Afellay neither. It is not the same level of talent, but you get the point. Pedro > Deulofeu.

I feel he will stay one more season unless they sell someone.

The embargo applies to buys and sales right? He would certainly benefit more with one more season with us rather than sitting on the bench.

Is there another Barca B youth player we could grab for next season in addition to Gerry? We'll take 2 and keep them for 2 years as we bring another in.

I read it as they can't buy or sell players. Loans would (I imagine) be a completely different kettle of fish.

Unfortunately, I can well see them recalling Gerry for next season, but agree he would be so much better for another season playing regularly for us (and in the Champions League :D )

I read it as they can't buy or sell players. Loans would (I imagine) be a completely different kettle of fish.

Unfortunately, I can well see them recalling Gerry for next season, but agree he would be so much better for another season playing regularly for us (and in the Champions League :D )

I'm just going on what Guilleme Ballague said and he seems to think they can sell players but just can't bring any in.

Guest Nikica

Yeah, Barca will likely win the appeal as Cornish Steve says.

On the subject of Deulofeu vs Januzaj, they're both big talents but the former does look to have greater ability. Januzaj has looked class but I agree the hype machine has spun out of control at Man United (again). It's hard to rate their players when they go so over the top - it makes you wanna restore some balance (and I did like the look of Januzaj from the first time I saw him). In saying that, they can both become world-class players if they apply themselves.

Edited by Nikica

Gerry, I believe shows great promise as did Barkley a season or so ago but his decision-making is poor at best, as was Barkley's a season or so ago. But he most certainly will mature into a great player given time and Martinez's patience. If he listens to learn and acts on Bobby's advice he will be a great asset to us in the short term and a great asset to Barca in the longer term.

That will do no harm whatsoever to Martinez's standing in the Spanish sphere and may afford us some future dealings with clubs looking to blood young talent.