IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Sorry mate, I can just about take EPL, but BPL?! It's not the British Premier League. It's the English Premier League. Sorry for being picky, but does my head in.

I thought in the BPL abbreviation that B=Barclays.

Of course, depending on your proclivities you might think that's even worse. :P

Edited by JD in DC

Sorry mate, I can just about take EPL, but BPL?! It's not the British Premier League. It's the English Premier League. Sorry for being picky, but does my head in.

It's called the Barclays Premier League here in the states mate, no need to apologize for being picky. I refuse to call it soccer though, keep that in mind at least :rofl: .

Anyway to stay on topic, I am one of Gerry's biggest supporters but he has been shite the last couple of games. If he does stay on loan, I think as many have said that a full preseason will help him out a ton.

He is really good. The problem is that he thinks he's Pele, Maradona, and Zidane mixed into one player, so he tries to do things way beyond his level...

Why is he really good though? Because he's a Barca player?

He beat his man once today. Once and got a cross in to lukaku to head over. That's all I can remember him doing. Clyne is a very good player but Gerry made him look like fucking cafu today. He's way way way too predictable.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Not sure about him just now.

For me, he does great right up until he gets into the penalty area. At which point, he twists n turns away from his marker, then twists n turns back into trouble....he either loses it or whacks in a cross which goes out for a throwing!!!

Id have him for another season. At his age, its up to him and the coaches around him to get the most from what he has.

Over reaction alert. Some of you were raving about him... He's a kid, the way Barkley, stones and other young potentially world class players are.

He has got all the tools to be awesome, now just let him be the age he is, I recall only too well ronaldo having matches like this when he was a kid.

The exception to the rule is lukaku, he just hasn't got what is needed, awful touch, poor feet, yes when his man stands off him he can look effective, if they get stuck into him he is shite.

Over reaction alert. Some of you were raving about him... He's a kid, the way Barkley, stones and other young potentially world class players are.

He has got all the tools to be awesome, now just let him be the age he is, I recall only too well ronaldo having matches like this when he was a kid.

Finally. Sense in the thread again.

If he is here next year, I cant wait to quote some of thr tripe.

The exception to the rule is lukaku, he just hasn't got what is needed, awful touch, poor feet, yes when his man stands off him he can look effective, if they get stuck into him he is shite.

why did you contradict yourself?! You were making so much sense!

Just turned 20 not that it makes any difference. He still has a lot to learn and he's not ready for Barca yet. I think yesterday highlighted he is best from the right side of midfield. He could not get past Clyne.

thought that was more a testament to Clynes performance than his own

why did you contradict yourself?! You were making so much sense!

I feel that lukakus hype has been created through his physicality - he is as big and as strong as he is going to be. The same can't be said for stones, Barkley, and Gerry who will likely gain a further 20% over the next year or so.

The physicality is there to supplement the technical ability. That's where romelu is pretty much sub standard for a prem striker. He is not going to be technically good enough, compare him to other big strikers like djouro, djecko, Lambert, they all have great ability on the ball.

I understand hes still young, I've used that as a defence for a few players because you still see glimpses of their quality, and you can see that they are still developing. I don't see that in Gerry.

Loved to be proved wrong but I just don't think the kids good enough. Hazard is actually a good comparison. There was a similar amount of hype across Europe as there as been with Gerry about his talent, but hazard was performing to a lot higher standard than Gerry is right now. You could say hazard was in a lesser league in France but I also recall him playing in the champions league when he was 19-20. You could see enough from him then to say would be a boss player. I don't see Gerry being at hazards level in a year or two.

I'd be happy to quote me on this if we get him next year and he tears shit up btw! :P

I understand hes still young, I've used that as a defence for a few players because you still see glimpses of their quality, and you can see that they are still developing. I don't see that in Gerry.

Loved to be proved wrong but I just don't think the kids good enough. Hazard is actually a good comparison. There was a similar amount of hype across Europe as there as been with Gerry about his talent, but hazard was performing to a lot higher standard than Gerry is right now. You could say hazard was in a lesser league in France but I also recall him playing in the champions league when he was 19-20. You could see enough from him then to say would be a boss player. I don't see Gerry being at hazards level in a year or two.

I'd be happy to quote me on this if we get him next year and he tears shit up btw! :P

So Deulofeu is being compared to a player who was playing regularly when he's still being eased into regular first team action?

I'm as frustrated as anyone with some of his performances but you have to take the pain in order to get the pleasure with these sorts of players. Just look at Sterling - burst on to the scene, faded badly and looked shite, now he's learnt from that and looks capable of doing great things.

Let's be honest, mourinho has played a massive role in hazard making the step up that we have seen this season. He is one of the top 10 players in the world.

Gerry will develop very quickly.

I agree Mourinho will have had an impact but not massive. Hazards technical ability and skill have been on show for the last 2-3 years, which is why all the top teams in Europe were ready to spend £30-40m on him.

I don't see it personally Haf but like I said, happy to be proven wrong.