IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

I can see him back here in January if he's not getting enough action/making a big enough impact at Barca. (May just be wishfull thinking though.)

Same. I see the reasoning being back at Barca, common sense would dictate that it would have been better for him to stay with us. Hope it does turn out like that, would be a great addition in January and would be a huge lift for the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if he wasn't a greedy prick on the pitch and moaned everytime he put an impossible to get on the end of cross in then he might of had mote minutes.

Why do young footballers / people in general think they have the devine right to get what they want just because there confidence / ego tells them they should.

Needs to go and get his haircut finished off first.

Take into consideration his language barrier. I manage people from various parts of the world and have found you have to take that into consideration.

I take his comment as he thought he played well enough when on the pitch to deserve more play time. And last year there were many times when most of us also thought he should be on the pitch more.

I don't think that is any slight against us or our manager, just how the lad thought he progressed.

Overall I thought RM got his playing time right. His injury came at a time of good form and when he returned he wasn't the same player.

Take into consideration his language barrier. I manage people from various parts of the world and have found you have to take that into consideration.

I take his comment as he thought he played well enough when on the pitch to deserve more play time. And last year there were many times when most of us also thought he should be on the pitch more.

I don't think that is any slight against us or our manager, just how the lad thought he progressed.

Overall I thought RM got his playing time right. His injury came at a time of good form and when he returned he wasn't the same player.

I thought at time, especially towards the end of last year his body language was awful and he looked like he couldn't wait to get to the end of the season. Shoulders slumped, head bowed, arms being flailed around.. Nope not a big deal he went back for me

• 2 weeks later...

Personally i think it shows a lack of respect to everton what gerry said about martinez. (Even if it is meant to be a compliment to roberto)

And im personally glad we didnt take him back. We need players in out squad who would die for everton. All gerry ever cared about was .... Gerry.

Maybe He will come down to earth once barcelona chew him up and spit him back out...

Personally i think it shows a lack of respect to everton what gerry said about martinez. (Even if it is meant to be a compliment to roberto)

And im personally glad we didnt take him back. We need players in out squad who would die for everton. All gerry ever cared about was .... Gerry.

Maybe He will come down to earth once barcelona chew him up and spit him back out...

I'd be surprised if he even knew what Everton was until his agent contacted him.

Brilliant that. Not quite 100% in agreement with it but a great piece.

I'm with you. I like the larger point it makes. But, I don't see wearing a player's name on the back as the same thing as buying some shorts and socks and wearing it in public.

In the US, we generally always have players' names on the back of jerseys. Hell, you can't even get basketball or football jerseys without names and numbers.

Brilliant that. Not quite 100% in agreement with it but a great piece.

I'm with you. I like the larger point it makes. But, I don't see wearing a player's name on the back as the same thing as buying some shorts and socks and wearing it in public.

In the US, we generally always have players' names on the back of jerseys. Hell, you can't even get basketball or football jerseys without names and numbers.

Same here. I agree with most of the article as well. There was one person (who ended up being mocked) in the comment section that mentioned that he felt football shirts looked a bit empty without names and numbers, and I tend to agree. Good read nonetheless.

Same here. I agree with most of the article as well. There was one person (who ended up being mocked) in the comment section that mentioned that he felt football shirts looked a bit empty without names and numbers, and I tend to agree. Good read nonetheless.

I can see both sides here. I own two jerseys (one for ice hockey and one for American football), but they're not something I'd use for daily wear. I wear them to games, or to the pub on game days, but the rest of the time they're hanging in the closet. I'd feel a little silly wearing something like that when I'm doing normal stuff like going to the market or mowing the lawn. The football jersey has a name and number, the hockey jersey does not. I don't really care about names on jerseys because I root for the logo on the front, but as Joe said you can't buy blank football jerseys. So for that one I picked a player who I liked before he joined my team and who I knew I would still like even after he left my team, because if I was going to spend the money on a jersey I wanted to make sure it was one I'd be proud to wear for many years afterward.

Was my feeling too. I never have a name/number on the shirts I buy for myself but my son often does, though he hasn't this year.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that Luis Enrique now has realised he has too many forwards at his disposal: Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Pedro, Iniesta playing on the wing, Adama, Munir... and Deulofeu is again available for loan:

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/14/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1408014507.html

Should Martinez enquiry again for him? I would gladly take him back. Last year he provided some valuable spark, he knows the club and when he was hitting a good run of form he got injured. This season he could contribute much more. Sometimes he's useless and frustrating, but other times he can unlock the game with a tricky run, and for those 0-0 games I'd like to have him on the side as a sub to bring in.