IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

Barcelona have confirmed that Gerry will not be going out on loan:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2633042/Gerard-Deulofeu-return-Barcelona-season-long-loan-spell-Everton.html

That's a real shame, another year would really have furthered his long term development.

No attributed quotes there and I don't see how Gerard's future would be the first thing on the mind of a new coach fifteen minutes into the job.

He's not good enough for Barcelona yet.....but then he's not good enough for us yet either so if it's true I won't lose any sleep over it.

I don't know if Barcelona have a reputation of spending big every season as Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, etc, seem to have been there for donkey's years but don't they have some sort of transfer embargo next season? If they do then they'll need numbers for Europe and/or La Liga and Copa Del Rey and Gerry will be one of those numbers. He isn't up to La Liga every week but he's worth a few substitute appearances for them to rest others.

I don't know if Barcelona have a reputation of spending big every season as Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, etc, seem to have been there for donkey's years but don't they have some sort of transfer embargo next season? If they do then they'll need numbers for Europe and/or La Liga and Copa Del Rey and Gerry will be one of those numbers. He isn't up to La Liga every week but he's worth a few substitute appearances for them to rest others.

Suspended pending appeal.

Suspended pending appeal.

In which case they must have plans for him and he is their player.

I want that Rakitic from Sevilla after seeing him the other night - totally different type of player and well off topic, I know, but he is one top player!

No attributed quotes there and I don't see how Gerard's future would be the first thing on the mind of a new coach fifteen minutes into the job.

He's not good enough for Barcelona yet.....but then he's not good enough for us yet either so if it's true I won't lose any sleep over it.

He's not good enough for us?

He was frustrating in the 2nd half of the season because before his injury he started to really show the improvement we had hoped from him, but he is young and that happens. I think its more of a mental thing with him tbh because he has the ability and whilst he is one footed, its amazing how many times he can beat a man with the same trick on that right hand side!

I was getting the feeling that before he got injured he was just starting to realise what it means to play for a club regularly who need 3 points week in week out. He was working hard, in attack and defence, and he was creating chances for himself and others. When he came back it was almost a bit like he had gone back to think he was the next Barca pretty boy and he didnt have to work as hard at the game, maybe going back home for treatment wasnt the best thing for him in the end. If he wants to be a real player then he has the ability to do it, but Im not sure he wants it enough just yet.

Deulofeu will not play for Everton next season. He will be back to FC Barcelona, the club just announced.

The new Barça coach, Luis Enrique, managed him previously in Barcelona B and he likes him. There is an official announcement in the website of FC Barcelona, but only in Catalan. So, now it's official, should RM start the raid for Adam Johnson?

(I really wish they realise in pre-season that they do not need him, though...)

Edited by Kant

Everyone saying he wasn't ready but Mcgeady is. I disagree. There was more end product from Deulofeu.

Personally I don't think Mcgeady is ready to play regularly from the start.

McGeady is at a level above Deulofeu at this present moment, Gerry's decision making at times was horrendous and he didn't realise the need to try a different trick.

There is not one footballer on the planet who if left to train with kids for a couple of months in a foreign league is going to be any where near premier leage pace and fitness, if anything McGeady shocked me with how quick he got up to a decent level.

Take it from me, he needs a pre season.