IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

If I was a Barca fan I would say one more year would be perfect. He has had big game exposure, learned a lot, enjoys his surroundings and this time away will make a man of him.

I think he needs a little bit more refinement to be ready for their first team. I think we will get another year.

Another year with him would be good for everyone.

He's not ready to play for them and would likely not get much game time at all.

It will do him good to get another season in the Premiership.

While he's not a fully accomplished player he has plenty to offer and as he's shown at times can cause defences a lot of problems with his quick feet as well as knowing where the goal is. With a bit of improvement and guidance I see him being a very useful player for us next season if we can keep him.

If I was a Barca fan I would say one more year would be perfect. He has had big game exposure, learned a lot, enjoys his surroundings and this time away will make a man of him.

I think he needs a little bit more refinement to be ready for their first team. I think we will get another year.

plus, he has potential CL exposure next season! something invaluable for their players

Jeez, he could be so much better with a little thought before he releases the ball.....does all the hard work and the final pass/shot is lacking. Got into a great position for the goal against Sunderland but the shot/pass was lucky to be deflected in for the only goal of the game.

We may have a chance of buying him. He is only 19 but nowhere near the level he should be for a world beater. I really can't see Barca taking him back for next year to sit I'm the reserves of they can send him out for another year.

He is at least a year away from their first team and that's only a maybe.

He needs to grow up and has not improves over twelve months here. Yesterday was one of his most frustrating performances yet.... It makes you wonder if the language barrier is making it difficult. I know Rm is Spanish but maybe he struggles with his team mates and coaching staff.

He reminds me of the progress of Anichebe. One game he looked great the next few he looked back to average. Yesterday he was a like a headless chicken.

Rumorama in FC Barcelona camp says they have reached a deal with Klopp AND Reus for the next season if the FIFA postpones the ban. They'd pay €40 million for Reus, that means Deulofeu would be surplus to requirements.

I watched Messi when he was 17 and he was starting for Barcelona, and he was doing the exact things Deulofeu does now. The only difference they have is that Deulofeu needs to learn to dribble to BOTH sides, left and right, instead of becoming a one-trick pony that always goes right.

I agree with you guys that he needs to learn as well when to pass and when to shoot, but that comes with time and understanding of the game. At this stage, the lad is feeling confident, powerful and just wants to impress and make his mark.

I couldn't quite understand how a defender could let him beat him so many times when it's so obvious which way he's going to go every time! Don't get me wrong his feet are quick and he's great on the ball and finds space with his quick moves but surely a defender should be doing better against someone that's so one footed who's always going to go the same way!

I like his directness but his decision making needs a lot of work. runs himself into trouble too much and ends up giving the ball away far too often but he is great to watch when he gets going.

Another season would be great to see how good he can be.

Guest blueboy122

I wouldn't want us to rely on him though next season as we would know he was leaving and it would leave a huge gap in the team.

Might not be the best long term option if we have no chance of keeping him permanently

If I'm not mistaken Thiago Alcantara used to be labeled as "the next big CM" for FC Barcelona. At some point they decided to sign Alex Song and they let him go to Bayern Munich for €25m.

I'm not saying this is the same case here, but if Deulofeu sees how Barcelona keep signing big names to add to their already crowded forward line (Neymar - Messi - Alexis - Pedro - Tello - Cesc), he might decide to move to secure first team football. If that were to happen, and Everton is among his options -the same way Lukaku considers a potential move to the club now- I'd be happy.

I couldn't quite understand how a defender could let him beat him so many times when it's so obvious which way he's going to go every time! Don't get me wrong his feet are quick and he's great on the ball and finds space with his quick moves but surely a defender should be doing better against someone that's so one footed who's always going to go the same way!

I like his directness but his decision making needs a lot of work. runs himself into trouble too much and ends up giving the ball away far too often but he is great to watch when he gets going.

Another season would be great to see how good he can be.

Do you not think defenders think this? The defenders will practise all week in training what to do if they are going to be facing our players, the staff will watch loads of clips of all the players and tell each of their own team what to do to counter it. This show's how good he is, his pace and feet speed is incredible, as people have said here once he works on his final ball or shooting he will be an unreal player.

Yeah he is one footed but look how one footed Robben is and he's not a bad player like.

With Mirallas out for the season, maybe it's time to let Deulofeu play in the left wing, to see if he can do his dribbles with a real outcome, like Robben.

He's been poor recently, but the left wing might actually suit him better, considering that all he's doing lately is dribble to the right, then blast it without any angle or cross aimlessly.

Baines will always be reliable in the left side to provide width and to cross accurately, therefore a player like Deulofeu cutting in can open spaces for Baines.

Guest blueboy122

Just be nice to see a pre season where the players aren't fucked on day one of the new season.

Moyes practically killed them in preseason apparently.