IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

McCarthy, besic, diame.

He has got an eye for a player.

He also scouted out Stones before Moyes swooped in and brought him here if I'm not mistaken.

I would love to have Deulofeu back here. We badly need wingers and he showed flashes of being really good, especially prior to his injury. He would surely be a starter if he came in... right?

disagree. Expensive by our standards but for the quality player he is, he could command at least twice that figure. Eriksson at Spurs is another 13m bargain.

You know I love McCarthy but he wasn't a bargain at £13m. We probably overpaid by £2m or £3m. Comparing him to Eriksen is just funny because Eriksen was thought highly of throughout Europe, so really was a bargain at that price and I think most people were surprised they got him for that much. Whereas McCarthy was playing for Wigan and had just been relegated, and outside of the British game I doubt many would have heard of him.

You know I love McCarthy but he wasn't a bargain at £13m. We probably overpaid by £2m or £3m. Comparing him to Eriksen is just funny because Eriksen was thought highly of throughout Europe, so really was a bargain at that price and I think most people were surprised they got him for that much. Whereas McCarthy was playing for Wigan and had just been relegated, and outside of the British game I doubt many would have heard of him.

only comparing him to Eriksson to emphasise the point. A bargain can be for A lot of money relative to the player you get. For me, 13m for McCarthy is a bargain because of his ability and importance, regardless of relegation or fame around Europe

• 2 weeks later...

Scored today for Sevilla. They are up 2-0 on granada

First read of that I though it said they were 2-0 up on grandad :lol:.

Finished 2-1 but it was the first leg of a cup game; not sure how seriously the Spaniards take it, was he in just because it was a "weakened" team?

• 2 months later...

I'd be absolutely astounded if he come back here I really would,.

On a permanent I'd bite their hands off as it would show he was committed to us but not sure about another loan.

I hate us loaning players. I'm perfectly happy with the "try before you buy" type loans. For a club like us it's ideal but I hate the idea of us blooding another clubs future star.

We're not a fucking nursey even to the likes of Barca

• 1 month later...