Louis

Muhamed Besic

"Besic, who represented the chance to represent Germany at youth level in order to play for Bosnia-Herzegovina U21s in 2010, can also play at centre-back."

Great writing by the journalist. Represented the chance to represent. Are all the real journalists on holiday?

"Besic, who represented the chance to represent Germany at youth level in order to play for Bosnia-Herzegovina U21s in 2010, can also play at centre-back."

Great writing by the journalist. Represented the chance to represent. Are all the real journalists on holiday?

No, this is the Daily Mail living up to its nickname

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH1Cz9kaYPo

Don't know a lot about the player but hopefully he will be a hidden gem. Do we need another defensive midfielder though? He wouldn't come to Everton if he wasn't guaranteed first team football. Signing Barry on a three year deal and the McCarthy link up it would be difficult. Plus the fact that Gibbo is fit again.

I'm surprised at comments along the lines of "but do we really need...". Yes, we do! We need to build a larger, stronger squad so that, even with half the team out injured, we can continue to push for a top four place.

amen and gibson will be injured in 3 days anyway, better to be ahead of the game.

Alright! Another great signing and now we have a really solid defensive midfield.

Talksport not the most reliable source Mark, don't celebrate until it's official.

Hell yes. Our centre mids are boss. McCarthy, Barry, this lad, what a trio. Barry will definately be teaching him some and he and McCarthy will be the future, it looks very bright!

This Window is looking better every day. Now we need 2 strikers and a winger

So if we sign him, who are our two starters? McCarthy/Barry? McCarthy/Besic? Besic/Barry?

I don't think Besic would come in and start. I would assume he'd play a small role this year. Maybe he will rotate in along with Gibson.

Pete, we have options and none will be a guarantee. Which is awesome.

Eventually, an incredibly dynamic midfield 3 of McCarthy, Besic and Barkley, is nearly orgasmic.

All under 23, all incredibly talented in their own right.

One defensive, pass master.

One driving force and 'engine'

One incredibly talented attacking superstar.

That's awesome. What a trio. A potential future new era Holy Trinity. And that isn't said lightly.

This fella sounds like the real deal, if these write ups are to be believed. Didn't see any of the Bosnia games to say either way, but we could have a gem... and for £4m!!!! Wow

Eventually, an incredibly dynamic midfield 3 of McCarthy, Besic and Barkley, is nearly orgasmic.

That's awesome. What a trio. A potential future new era Holy Trinity. And that isn't said lightly.

Damn that sounds exciting.

I hope this guy is as good as the write ups, didn't see anything of him to be honest.

Slight concern we are over hyping him though. After all he is going dirt cheap.

It is a little bit concerning that he is 23 and still playing in the Hungary an leagues and that it didn't sound like he was on anyone's radar before the WC.

I didn't watch an awful lot of Bosnia so haven't seen him really but it sounds like he had a big impact on their performances which is very promising.

It is a little bit concerning that he is 23 and still playing in the Hungary an leagues and that it didn't sound like he was on anyone's radar before the WC.

Hamburg sent him packing due to attitude problems rather than for a lack of ability. Maybe the experience has humbled him.

A good analysis of Besic and his world cup games

It also says he was played as a CB for Hamburg which most who know far more about him deem a much weaker position but still another position potentially covered if need be.

Hope we make it official soon he seems very highly rated by many

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2110141-should-manchester-united-sign-bargain-basement-bosnian-muhamed-besic

I didn't watch an awful lot of Bosnia so haven't seen him really but it sounds like he had a big impact on their performances which is very promising.

Rewatch the Argentina game he player in Bailey. He was top.

He's 21 too. He was promising at Hamburg, as has been mentioned, he was a bitbof a rebel but apparently the move away to concentrate on his football, has paid dividends in his attitude.

He will still leave a leg in though, he's not a wet lettuce and in this league and in our team that's not a bad thing. That's his confidence and passion...things Martinez loves in a player.

Who's who?

Hamburg sent him packing due to attitude problems rather than for a lack of ability. Maybe the experience has humbled him.

Yeh very true, wouldnt be the first time!

Rewatch the Argentina game he player in Bailey. He was top.

He's 21 too. He was promising at Hamburg, as has been mentioned, he was a bitbof a rebel but apparently the move away to concentrate on his football, has paid dividends in his attitude.

He will still leave a leg in though, he's not a wet lettuce and in this league and in our team that's not a bad thing. That's his confidence and passion...things Martinez loves in a player.

Thought I had read 23 somewhere or I made it up haha :)

Found this online...

Positionally good, very good passing range and he can see through passes from deep which is important. Something Mirallas will like (if he can keep onside!). Likes a tackle and can be a little naive in the challenges he makes (which could be a problem closer to our goal) but definite ability. Makes you wonder why he has come to light sooner, unless he has been overlooked due to the attitude problems at Hamburg?

I would guess Besic the passer and McCarthy the engine.

This

I'm with Ten it could potentially be one of the most promising midfield's for a long long time all under the guidance of Barry who will surely be key in all this and Martinez's plans if he does sign.

I haven't been able to watch World Cup so I'll reserve judgment on this lad.

From the YouTube vid I seen the lad looks ok

But holy trinity is a bit over the top.

In that midfield there's no goal scorer.

I haven't been able to watch World Cup so I'll reserve judgment on this lad.

From the YouTube vid I seen the lad looks ok

But holy trinity is a bit over the top.

In that midfield there's no goal scorer.

I did say 'potential'.

They'll all grow with experience and all have the attributes to compliment each other.

Regarding goals, Barkley is always improving and will contributr to more goals in the future and with a 3 man midfield, your goals come from your wingers and striker. McCarthy might add more goals now too.

Are people just getting excited because it's a potential new signing? YouTube clips are never good to go off and we've already established that WC games can make good players look crap and vice versa.

It's the cost versus potential Matt. The last time we signed a player at this bracket with the capacity to be a lot better was arteta.

Im not against the signing in anyway mate, its just that people seem to be getting very excited about a signing coming from the Hungarian league (which, having lived there for 18 months, is a joke even to the locals) so its not hard to shine. There are positives in that 3 min video (though some uncertain parts too) and from the WC games apparently but I cant get overly excited about a player I know little about. I'm asking some of my mates from back in Hungary for their input on him.

Haha I love the you tube clips, there always shite. Wow he passes ten yards then another five minutes of him running. Man this player looks good, he's got two legs.

I'll reserve judgment until may 2015. Give him a real chance. If we weren't linked he'd look like a run of the mill midfielder.