IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

On 20/06/2020 at 08:39, Shukes said:

Heading back to us.

Sheffield fans seem gutted he is coming back and want him again.

Besic would have made it here, and would have been a great player. His injury in Wayne Rooney's testimonial was at the worst time, and he never bounced back from it. Koeman had used him quite a lot that summer (and trialled him as an attacking midfielder as opposed to deep) and I'm sure that he would have been part of the first XI throughout that campaign. He would still do very well for a team in the bottom half of the table, an Aston Villa or a West Ham. 

He would provide better cover than Delph IMO, but to be honest I can't speak volumes on Fabien's positives. It was a questionable signing from the start for me and it's little surprise that he's not had the major impact people hoped. I'd sell both Mo and Delph, using the money to bring in a player of substantial quality and improve what is a wafer thin midfield. Only Sigurdsson, Gomes and Davies stay for me (and only André walks into a top club).

8 hours ago, Btay said:

I still think he is better than most of our current mids. Same goes for Vlasic. Really unsure the logic behind signing Delph and loaning besic.

I can see exactly why they did it. More was expected of Delph, he’s just been a let down. 

19 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Besic would have made it here, and would have been a great player. His injury in Wayne Rooney's testimonial was at the worst time, and he never bounced back from it. Koeman had used him quite a lot that summer (and trialled him as an attacking midfielder as opposed to deep) and I'm sure that he would have been part of the first XI throughout that campaign. He would still do very well for a team in the bottom half of the table, an Aston Villa or a West Ham. 

He would provide better cover than Delph IMO, but to be honest I can't speak volumes on Fabien's positives. It was a questionable signing from the start for me and it's little surprise that he's not had the major impact people hoped. I'd sell both Mo and Delph, using the money to bring in a player of substantial quality and improve what is a wafer thin midfield. Only Sigurdsson, Gomes and Davies stay for me (and only André walks into a top club).

Besic is a mistake waiting to happen. I remember the preseason you referred to and thought he looked much better, like he had turned a corner, but in the last warm up game against the best opponent we had faced he reverted to type. 

He has some virtues but he is nothing more than a gap filler at this level or a solid Championship player.

2 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Maybe Carlo can get something out of him, so let's not write him off.

21 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’d have no issue what so ever with Besic on the bench for our remaining games, we’ve seen delph, morgan and gylfi put half shifts in whereas this lad would give everything. He can play a bit as well. He won’t get us top 4 playing week in week out but I’d have him around the squad, especially if we are European games.

Yep both of these for me.  He does add steel to the pitch which is something we don’t have currently. 

20 hours ago, Btay said:

I’d have no issue what so ever with Besic on the bench for our remaining games, we’ve seen delph, morgan and gylfi put half shifts in whereas this lad would give everything. He can play a bit as well. He won’t get us top 4 playing week in week out but I’d have him around the squad, especially if we are European games.

He’s not registered though is he? Sure he would be on the bench if he was available to be.

4 hours ago, c1982 said:

He’s not registered though is he? Sure he would be on the bench if he was available to be.

I’m not sure? Surely there’s some loop hole to the loan system as players are able to be re called and put into squads outside of registration periods? Again I’m not sure though. Davies looks off the pace, which is concerning. Gylfi had a good game second half just gone but it doesn’t say a lot.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Gylfi has a good second half against the worst team in the league. Playing against Spurs and Leicester will be a completely different level for him. 

I think we would have looked good no matter who came on for Davies. Like you say, the real test will come if he plays against those better sides.

51 minutes ago, Bailey said:

When Norwich started to up the pace he was nowhere to be seen so I don't hold out much hope!

This is my point Bailey, Norwich actually treated us. I am really fearful for our midfield at the moment, as we look really poor. It’s like playing hot potato!

My only hope is that Carlo is working one step at a time, get the defence working together, then to midfield etc.

7 hours ago, StevO said:

Gylfi has a good second half against the worst team in the league. Playing against Spurs and Leicester will be a completely different level for him. 

Yeah that’s pretty much the exact point I’m making. Depth right now is a concern in midfield.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...