IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Best mid we own he now seems to be over his injuries and playing good football he has it all in his locker no one trick pony.

Hope we keep him and he gets a fair opportunity to show Silva his talents I will be gutted if we let him go. 

Unsure he's the best but definitely deserves a chance. 

Has anyone seen him play or just romanticising about him flying into tackles and generally looking hard and like he cares so much?

I remember him trying to be an elite level footballer and not cutting the mustard. I also remember every manager since Roberto pretty much thinking the same. 

The lad is not good enough, if he was it wouldn’t be Boro that’s giving him a game. There are plenty of teams who would take a good midfielder, unfortunately for him, he isn’t one. 

He looked good in preseason but when the opposition got tougher and the games took on more importance he settled back into his usual level of performance. 

At a push I would have him over Schneiderlin just because of his attitude and mobility but I ultimately they are both players we need off the wages and out of the squad in order to make way for someone better.

• 8 months later...
Just now, Bill said:

So is Delph in my estimation,  if Besic does go to the championship dont be surprised if he makes the Championship team of the season next year. 😊

Did he make it in either of the last couple of years at Boro?

He might have for all I know, but I really don’t know. 

I watched besic a few times for boro when they were on tv. He scored a few goals and got in the ball a lot but he didn’t set the world alight. He looked ok but nothing more. He will do a good job for somebody. You’d think Norwich or villa would have been in for him for that kind of money if he was premiership quality 

He wasnt even a stand out player for them. He didnt see out the 90 mins very often and he even got dropped to the bench a couple of times. 

He showed what he is about last year in preseason for me. Looked great against the crap teams early on in the schedule and then when the ante went up he looked worse and worse. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Heath said:

Really like Besic and had high hopes for him. He's obviously not going any place at Everton, so I hope he settles in at Sheffield Utd and has a great season with them. With a bit of luck the move will become a permanent one for him.

I agree he's a very likeable lad and it's a shame he didn't succeed here.

1 hour ago, Heath said:

Really like Besic and had high hopes for him. He's obviously not going any place at Everton, so I hope he settles in at Sheffield Utd and has a great season with them. With a bit of luck the move will become a permanent one for him.

Your spot on mate there’s definitely a good player in him, shame it didn’t work out for him here but a couple of shit managers in  Koeman and Aladyce didn’t do him any favours on top of that his injury woes. 

• 10 months later...
6 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’d put him in front Gylfi and Delph, so welcome back Besic and fill your boots son, there’s an opportunity here for you to prove yourself at this moment in time. 

Doesn’t rate Gana, rates Besic. Give up on you Palfy 😂