IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

I like besic but we currently have him, morgan, tom, idrissa, and james all competing for similar midfield positions.  Plus Wayne has been playing deeper as well.  Would assume we need to get rid of at least two of those mentioned above.  Potentially three if we buy a new DM.  

So many things need sorted this summer.  Just hoping at least some of it happens.

50 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

I like besic but we currently have him, morgan, tom, idrissa, and james all competing for similar midfield positions.  Plus Wayne has been playing deeper as well.  Would assume we need to get rid of at least two of those mentioned above.  Potentially three if we buy a new DM.  

So many things need sorted this summer.  Just hoping at least some of it happens.

McCarthy can do one, Rooney should be nowhere near the first team, except against very poor sides in cup games.

I like Besic, but we should be playing 1 defensive midfielder so he will be third in line, so probably best he goes for the good of his career.

I've only started watching the second half but he has been anonymous for the most part. Always moving but not really involved. Still giving away silly balls too.

The weirdest thing about this though is that he is playing ahead of two more defensive midfielders. It's almost as though he is the number 10? I don't know if thats normal for him at Boro?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shukes said:

A player getting good reviews from fans, managers, staff and pundits! .... but a select few can’t see his strengths because he isn’t a flair player......

got to be Ronaldo hasn’t it?

I actually think it's the opposite. He gets all these reviews and attention because he is flashier than your average defensive midfielder. He turns on the ball, he chases after things, he loves a slide tackle and to play the hard man. 

He was the worst midfielder on the pitch today. He did plenty of jogging around 'ready' for the ball but most of the time he was in the way. Instead of being sharp in his runs or closing, it was a token effort, in the biggest game of their season (so far). He was out worked by Jack Grealish and Stewart Downing FFS. 

He is a tidy little player but he lacks positioning and a footballing brain. He has some vision and he can see that first 'move' but he doesn't see or anticipate what comes after that. Ultimately that's why less technical footballers play at a higher level than him.

You could be right Bailey.

Im not saying he is the player to take us to the next level, but I do think he has something to offer our team as it is.

A bit like Lookman, he seems to be thriving off extended game time. A few mo that ago people were talking Lookman down and asking what the fuss was about.  Now I’m not saying they have changed their mind, just that they can see he has more to offer after receiving time on the pitch.

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, Makis said:

Liability. Even in preseason matches goes studs first into tackles. He's good for two or three red cards per season plus a few bans from yellows.

This is a major false perception of him.

last year - 15 games for boro - 4 yellows ( 26 apps total for season 7 yellows )

15/16 944 mins - 1 yellow card.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Seriously one of my favourite players. No matter the opposition he will try and play on the front foot. Tackles, passes, dribbles, flair and athletic. Big season for him.

I loved the no-look pass to Kenny in the game against Lille (I think?). I view him as a player that's not afraid to try things, and that's a good attribute to have. I really hope he kicks on.

1 hour ago, sibdane said:

I loved the no-look pass to Kenny in the game against Lille (I think?). I view him as a player that's not afraid to try things, and that's a good attribute to have. I really hope he kicks on.

Exactly, he offers something different.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I like him a lot and have been disappointed that two managers in succession sidelined him. Glad he’s beginning to prove his worth. 

How is he proving his worth? By putting in more effort in friendlies than other players?

if he starts when the real games kick in and does a good job, then he’ll be proving his worth.