IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

Best player in the world that didn't play well all tournament even when he wasn't being man marked.

Tracking just one man around the pitch and having nothing else to worry about is far easier than analysing and responding to various situations as you would get in a system.

Maybe, but Mo still deserves a chance for me. Could be great.

Mo won't be sold.

No one will want to buy him.

He's shit.

Discuss.

Agree

Not till he has a season under his belt

He is a Koeman type of player, lots of energy and pressing, good technique, likes to pass the ball forward.

With Europa and the likelihood of McCarthy leaving he will get his chance.

• 1 month later...

Looked tidy at CB, carrying the ball out. (in the pre-season game against FC Twente)

Wonder if this had something to with Galloway, Browning, and Pennington all going out on loan.

Played there for the U23's when he was coming back from injury.

It's another option...

This^

I've said before that I can see Besic playing as a left back in a back 4 or a left centre back in a back 3.

He's too small to be a straight up centre back and he has an urge to get forward.

He just looks like a left back to me. I've always wanted to see him tried out there.

If he gets played at LB let's hope he does a much better job than when Martinez tried him at RB Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Isn't he right footed though? Playing on his wrong side would have to be detrimental to any crossing ability.

Why would it I am a left footer who played at RFB (mind you I was shite anyway) :lol:

Definitely got a bit of the Pat Van Den Hauwe's about him.

PVDH was as good as Baines imho and as you say he was a right footed LFB. I would be happy if RK put Mo. there to do a job.

Why would it I am a left footer who played at RFB (mind you I was shite anyway) :lol:

PVDH was as good as Baines imho and as you say he was a right footed LFB. I would be happy if RK put Mo. there to do a job.

Maybe you'd have been the next Baines given a chance in LB mate ?