IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

Excellent -- can't wait to see him back in action and hopefully proving he has what it takes to play here for the long-term.

i will add that he did say it could be hard for him to see first team minutes, he said he didn't know if he's be fully fit for first team action by the end of the year. But i guess it's up to Mo at this point to kick it up a notch to make a case for himself.

• 5 weeks later...

fair play. would help with depth with Europa and cups next year. Schneiderlin Gana Davies, and then rotating in Besic, Barry, and Mccarthy(if he leaves then walsh from u23)

assuming we get Europa via qualifying, id expect to see him in those games. Sooner than that, id worry about a reoccurance.

Aiden you really think Mo was better than Gana passing the ball?

I know I don't rate Mo at all, so my opinion is different to a lot of peoples on here, but the level our current three are playing at is far higher than anything we have ever seen from Mo. Even Barry has stepped in well above his level.

I know I don't rate Mo at all, so my opinion is different to a lot of peoples on here, but the level our current three are playing at is far higher than anything we have ever seen from Mo. Even Barry has stepped in well above his level.

i think it's another case of not having had a real run of games to judge him on. I've seen him do some outstanding passing but also make mistakes, all in a poor Martinez side. I usually am overly optimistic / patient with players, Mo is no different

With consistency in his game I have no doubt he will be a top player. Hopefully he can remain fit!

He's a perfect player for Koeman to rotate with too. Energetic, Strong tackler and anyways looks forward.

Edit: and for the record IMO Gana is the worst passer of the ball in the whole starting squad, by a country mile. He's only comfortable going backwards and sideways and sometimes he even makes a pigs arse out of that!

Edited by AidanLewis

When Mo did play he looked one of our best passers of the ball.

He hasn't played for an age but I can still remember him being a decent passer, an excellent player on the turn and hard working to boot.

I just want to see him back and fit and having a few games to show us what he can do...either way.

I would start with the three you mentioned.

Besic would start on the bench.

If any of them gets injured or needed a rest I would give him the opportunity.

An example was a month ago when Gana was starting to look very poor. Besic could have stepped in.

Or when the opposition needs a different approach.

Ok, I've got to ask as I find this thread more entertaining and confusing than the Lukaku thread...

From Gana, Davies and Morgan, who would people prefer to see dropped to get game time for Besic?

none, but he's a solid back up in case of injury

Ok, I've got to ask as I find this thread more entertaining and confusing than the Lukaku thread...

From Gana, Davies and Morgan, who would people prefer to see dropped to get game time for Besic?

I'd hate for any of those to be dropped, but as soon as he gets an opportunity when either Gana or davies get injured I'd say stick him in ahead of Jimmy Mac. If Schneiderlin was injured stick Barry in his place not Besic.

But that's the point I'm making. There's people in here who want him to get game time, but would still pick the other three ahead of him.

Personally I'd pick Barry and McCarthy ahead of him too, and being sixth in the pecking order is no place for a footballer entering the best years of his career.

If we want to progress to the next step we need another midfielder with Morgan's quality, and for me Davies can take a step back and be the player to come in when there is an opportunity. If we did bring in another midfielder Mo could potentially be 7th choice.

Barry doesn't have many years left, so that brings an opportunity but there can't be many opportunities for a player with ambition.