IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

• 2 weeks later...

I think he might surprise a few people once he's fit, he's a Koeman type player and I,m sure he will be given a chance to prove it.

The lads a winner, the sort of player we need in the side cos we haven't got any at the moment. We are a team of pussies who are quite content to amble along without committing too much.

My signature .... To be a winner you don't always need skill but you always need spirit, guts, and determination.

Spirit, Guts, Determination, How many of our team have that.

Edited by Bill

He's a winner? He's won nothing.

Spirit, yep, guts, yep, determination, yep. I would like him to have a bit of skill though.

I look at our midfielders like Gana, Schneiderlin, McCarthy and Davies and completely disagree they are a bunch of pussies who don't commit.

To me he's more versatile than McCarthy and Gana, the latter hasn't shown much of anything in his last 4 starts, he did shine when we were playing badly, but since the team turned the corner he's looked very average, hopefully just a blip.

If Besic can get over his injuries and force his way back into the first team, it would be like we just brought a 30M midfielder without having to spend the money.

Although I personally don't think Besic will come good here. He's never really had a long enough run in the team to prove anybody right or wrong. Personally I think Gana, has the "Besic effect". I remember Besuc winning MOTM most games he played early on!

I think half of that was just because he ran around slide tackling anything that moved!

I remember one game he got MOTM and everyone was bashing Barry. Problem was Besic was all over the place, couldn't play the ball properly to feet and played Barry in trouble all night long yet he loves a challenge so who cares right!

I don't have any doubt about his ability, the one reservation i have is about his injury record. Hope he can keep his fitness cos we will have a very good player.

this for me, but Aaron has a point too. It's been so long since he last played and, additionally, hes never really had a proper run of games, so it's hard to know how good he is Edited by Matt

He's only got 48 appearances (in all comps) in nearly 3 years for us, hard to base this "hes a great player / he's a shit player" off that. Give him a full season next year, if he gets injured again, long term, or fails to show he can cut the mustard then sell. I remember a lot of people thinking he was going to be a hard knock because he has a knuckle duster tattoo.

He's only got 48 appearances (in all comps) in nearly 3 years for us, hard to base this "hes a great player / he's a shit player" off that. Give him a full season next year, if he gets injured again, long term, or fails to show he can cut the mustard then sell. I remember a lot of people thinking he was going to be a hard knock because he has a knuckle duster tattoo.

Agree with this. Let him fight for a place, certainly would also help his market value at the same time if he was to eventually move on. Stoked for so much competition in the midfield. Hopefully we will be tough as nails moving forward and whoever ends up being left out is moved on.

• 3 weeks later...