IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Matt said:

Glad we’ve kept hold of him if true, my gut instinct is still that there’s a player in there who just needs a break

Agree.  I’d have him ahead of Schneiderlin, and if Gana is too undisciplined to play as a lone DM, I’d play Besic ahead of Gana, too.

Don’t want the Gana-Schneiderlin 4-2-3-1.  We need attackers, goals, 4-1-4-1 or 4-1-3-2.

53 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Personal terms and agent fees.

Bet it was more the bloody agent.

Not going to get a lot of play time here. Not with the players we have brought in.

Daft bastard.

I would definitely play Besic ahead of Schneiderlin, and maybe Gana as well.

Too many pussies in midfield is the reason we get overun.

1 hour ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Agree.  I’d have him ahead of Schneiderlin, and if Gana is too undisciplined to play as a lone DM, I’d play Besic ahead of Gana, too.

Don’t want the Gana-Schneiderlin 4-2-3-1.  We need attackers, goals, 4-1-4-1 or 4-1-3-2.

Honestly, it depends which Schneiderlin turns up. The right one is one of the best about, but I can’t remember the last time that happened. 

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Glad we’ve kept hold of him if true, my gut instinct is still that there’s a player in there who just needs a break

Three seasons here and now under his 5th (6th if you include Unsworth) and he's never really been a first team regular that speaks volumes to me 

With the players we've brought in and the direction Silva and co seem to be moving the lad will just keep collecting a wage for doing next to nothing, having a little bite to your game doesn't make you a good player 

3 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Three seasons here and now under his 5th (6th if you include Unsworth) and he's never really been a first team regular that speaks volumes to me 

With the players we've brought in and the direction Silva and co seem to be moving the lad will just keep collecting a wage for doing next to nothing, having a little bite to your game doesn't make you a good player 

Injuries and pigheaded managers haven’t helped his cause, I get that. But he’s more than just a tough player, he’s clever and has a very good passing range. 

I also think the loan deal to get him regular game time will have benefitted him immensely, I don’t remember him ever getting a prolonged run of games. 

Clearly there's no consensus on Besic, but it's probably fair to say he has more critics than supporters.  It's a fair debate.

My moderately positive view of Besic is influenced by several factors: (1) I don't want 2 DMs,.  No 4-2-3-1.  Need goals, attackers, excitement, vibrant football, not chaos.  (2) Especially not the utter chaos of the Gana-Schneiderlin pairing.  (3) Though McCarthy is still my first preference for single DM, we can't count on his health.  (4) Doubt that Gomes is a DM.  (5) So who's best bet (of a weak-link-DM-lot in our squad) among Besic, Gana, Schneiderlin?

I like Gana much more than Schneiderlin, but he won't sit back.  He's everywhere, for good and bad.  Not dependable as a lone DM.  Heck, I'd prefer to see Davies as lone DM to Gana or Schneiderlin.  I'd like to see Besic be given a run of 4-5 matches near beginning of this season.  Unlikely, I realize.  More likely, alas, is Gana-Schneiderlin.

Superb window, yet I'm already pissed off at that thought.

Good luck, Mo, wherever they ship you.