IGNORED

Lacina Traore

Personally I don't think it is the market to be buying too many players. I fully understand why we want/need players to come in but I wouldn't want to risk pissing that money up the wall or 3rd or 4th choices if there is the potential for the 1st or 2nd choice to be available in the summer at a more suitable fee.

The suggestions so far are that both Kone and Gibson could be back before the end of the season in some capacity (both are more than likely going to be squad fillers at this stage anyway) and with Deulofeu looking like he is close to a return and possibly Pienaar/Barkley we probably don't need anyone else after these next couple of weeks.

As long as two of those three come back sooner rather than later we will be in a healthy position once more and we can kick on again.

Guest blueboy122

We need to keep in touching distance of the top four that is the most important factor and I fear without some reinforcements we will slowly start to see the target slip out of our grasp. We need players not just to add quality but to give the squad a lift, relieve some pressure and give more belief that we can get top 4

Guest blueboy122

yes but neither pienaar or osman can finish a full game, I still think we need a centre mid permanent.

Osman is finished, shouldn't be anywhere near the first team for me. But with lack of reinforcements it's up-to players like him who simply aren't good enough to carry the burden. Feel sorry for him to be honest because we know he isn't good enough and so does he.

yes but neither pienaar or osman can finish a full game, I still think we need a centre mid permanent.

Sooner or later though, we should have Deulofeu or Barkley available to play in those positions as well. If need be we can have Pienaar in the centre and swap with Osman at the end considering we have Mirallas, Naismith, Deulofeu and McGeady to play out wide.

We do need a new player in the middle but I dont know where we are going to find one in this market and at the inflated prices.

Whats happened to that Francisco Junior lad we signed from city.

I take it he has flopped as he doesn't even get on the bench.

We loaned him to Vitesse for the season. He's hardly got a look in though which is quite concerning (I'm not sure if injuries are playing a part though). I get the feeling we'll flog him of to the highest bidder come summer.

I got Junior on loan at Fleetwood town in league 2 on football manager and he was still only able to warm the bench...

He's a CURSE on FM. I could not get rid of him on my Everton squad. No one wanted him on loan/transfer, he wouldn't terminate his contract, his contract is long-term, he complained about playing time, etc.

Well assuming Falcao doesn't scupper this Traore deal, we have two players in with him and McGeady - that's a net +1 with Jelly out. We're feeling pinched because the injuries are really piling up at the moment with seven guys on the shelf, and the timing is about the worst possible with the Liverpool and Tottenham fixtures both scheduled for this stretch when we're hurting so badly. But beyond that, almost all of our walking wounded (apart from Gibson and Kone) are expected back within the next 2-3 weeks, and when we have our full squad or close to it, our squad size is fine. Could we use another CM/DM type of player? Sure, but only if the right deal is out there at the right value - signing someone just for the sake of signing someone is pointless, unless you're Tottenham or City and don't care about having 200 players in your first team squad.

He's a CURSE on FM. I could not get rid of him on my Everton squad. No one wanted him on loan/transfer, he wouldn't terminate his contract, his contract is long-term, he complained about playing time, etc.

You need to make him want to leave. Kick his arse in private chats, fine him two weeks wages every chance you get, bad mouth him to the press, and generally make his life a living hell, until he gets angry enough that he's finally willing to discuss a buyout just to be shot of you.

You need to make him want to leave. Kick his arse in private chats, fine him two weeks wages every chance you get, bad mouth him to the press, and generally make his life a living hell, until he gets angry enough that he's finally willing to discuss a buyout just to be shot of you.

Geez! I hope I never find myself working for you! ;)

Guest blueboy122

Greg O'Keeffe has found out a bit more about the player and the deal.

"Traore won't be able to play in tomorrow's FA Cup game at Stevenage and is unlikely to feature in the derby.

"He currently has a hamstring problem which means he's not fully match fit."

Great

Glad its going through. Looks like he could be a useful player and a pain in the arse for defenders.

Need some clarity on his match fitness before I get too excited. Thinking that he may only be available for the last 10 or so games takes a bit of gloss off it.

And if that is so, RM has brought him in to see us 'over the line', which is fine but then I doubt he will be the last bit of business in this window.

Martinez talks about him on EvertonTV:

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/home/9884

Yeah, Everton TV is where I saw RM mention that Lacina will only be in the last 9-10 games. Though on re-watching it, it's a bit unclear, as he states Lacina is "weeks" away from playing, and then says he won't be "influential" or have an impact until the last 9-10 games. I'm not sure if this means he won't be playing until the last 9-10 games of the the season or he will make an appearence prior to that but it will be very minimal. Either way, it doesn't seem like he'll take part in the key match-up against the Spurs in mid-February.