IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

Sorry but that is just laughable

I could point out a good few goals where Stones has been at fault this season... Ball watching most of the time. Mori hasn't put a foot wrong and people are trying to use him as an excuse of our poor defending.

I'd expect nothing less from you though as you rate a middle of the road centre half in Jagielka so highly.

I could point out a good few goals where Stones has been at fault this season... Ball watching most of the time. Mori hasn't put a foot wrong and people are trying to use him as an excuse of our poor defending.

I'd expect nothing less from you though as you rate a middle of the road centre half in Jagielka so highly.

You have been watching a different team to me if you don't think Mori has been at fault for any goals this season

You have been watching a different team to me if you don't think Mori has been at fault for any goals this season

Only time I've seen him make a mistake was away at Reading on his debut when he played left back and list his man. Other than that he's been fine and certainly no worse than Jagielka or Stones. The latter being terrible

Only time I've seen him make a mistake was away at Reading on his debut when he played left back and list his man. Other than that he's been fine and certainly no worse than Jagielka or Stones. The latter being terrible

You don't recall the penalty he gave away with some schoolboy defending?

I think he's been very good for us but he's made his fair share of fuck ups as well.

You don't recall the penalty he gave away with some schoolboy defending?

I think he's been very good for us but he's made his fair share of fuck ups as well.

If that's the only thing you can point out he must be doing very well. A fair share would be at least a few, point them out. Problem here is people are trying to excuse Stones for the new boy. I've said Stones has been crap since the summer which he has. The bloke got tore a new one when he gave the penalty away at Stoke. He ball watched for both Arsenal goals. He sold himself like a "schoolboy" on the opening day of the season against Watford and that's just off the top of my head.

What about when he got the wrong side of his man and gave away a soft penalty against Leicester?

Was it West Brom he overran the ball and gave it away leading to another goal?

The lad has looked very shakey on numerous occasions but gets away with it because hes the new boy. Don't get me wrong overall he has looked decent considering he is a young lad coming in to a foreign league but I think a lot of people tend to turn a blind eye to his mistakes

Give him 18 months and the boo boys will soon be on his case

What about when he got the wrong side of his man and gave away a soft penalty against Leicester?

Was it West Brom he overran the ball and gave it away leading to another goal?

The lad has looked very shakey on numerous occasions but gets away with it because hes the new boy. Don't get me wrong overall he has looked decent considering he is a young lad coming in to a foreign league but I think a lot of people tend to turn a blind eye to his mistakes

Give him 18 months and the boo boys will soon be on his case

He hasn't made a lot of mistakes though. Its people looking for an answer to why we've been so bad at the back. I suggest people look no further than Stones. Just watched Stoke highlights again. I'd say he was culpable for their first as well - got dragged out of position by Bojan who then far too easily beats him and sets up the goal.

I think your looking for Mori to make mistakes because you're unsure about him. Whereas Stones is getting off

He hasn't made a lot of mistakes though. Its people looking for an answer to why we've been so bad at the back. I suggest people look no further than Stones. Just watched Stoke highlights again. I'd say he was culpable for their first as well - got dragged out of position by Bojan who then far too easily beats him and sets up the goal.

I think your looking for Mori to make mistakes because you're unsure about him. Whereas Stones is getting off

There is no doubt Stones makes mistakes but he is a young lad learning his game , as is Mori .but I honestly believe he makes less than Mori and is in a different class to him

I think you have had it in for Stones since the summer and are waiting for him to make a mistake just to jump on his back

You are right in that I'm unsure about Mori, I had never heard of him so I think that's fair enough

I believe Jags is our best defender even though Stones and Mori may well turn out to be better players given time

There is no doubt Stones makes mistakes but he is a young lad learning his game , as is Mori .but I honestly believe he makes less than Mori and is in a different class to him

I think you have had it in for Stones since the summer and are waiting for him to make a mistake just to jump on his back

You are right in that I'm unsure about Mori, I had never heard of him so I think that's fair enough

I believe Jags is our best defender even though Stones and Mori may well turn out to be better players given time

I don't think Stones is the player of last year for sure. He's made a lot of mistakes this year and it's not because I'm waiting for him to make them. Sunderland at home for Defoe's goal... Another Stones mistake.

Let's see how we look when we finally get our strongest back 4 out, Coleman, stones, Jags and Baines. Mori for me, has exceeded expectations coming in from a league no where near our level. Galloway has done a brilliant job but was caught out badly (IMO) against stoke.

Because Mori and Galloway have had extended runs in the team because of injuries, I think people tend to forget that they are primarily 'squad players'. In the circumstances, I think both players have done an excellent job and it is good to know that we have such quality available if needed.

Let's get it right. Some players can do no wrong, Stones is one of them... after all we are lucky to have them aren't we?

One player in a similar position makes the same mistake and they get roasted. I've said this for a while.

Jags has gone untouched for years. Him stones and Howard have all not been good enough this year.

"Everton have struggled to put away the chances they have created this season"[/size]

Really? Only City and Leicester have scored more (37 each v 35). Mostly a fair article but get your facts right.

Scary thing is, we have missed a lot of chances and had we taken them, we would probably be the top scoring team.

Guest rusty747

Lets be honest here. We have scored enough goals to be a solid top four team. The problem is that we have also conceded enough goals to be a bottom three team.

We have to stop giving silly goals away. Its not one or two is it - its maybe 10-15 that we shouldn't have conceded.

We need a new 'keeper and a Shawcross character at the back. Ratcliffe and Mountfield could play a bit but nobody messed with them as they were both hard as nails. That is what we are missing and until we fix this issue we are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Edited by rusty747

As soon as Jags is fit he needs to be playing. I'd drop Stones just to give him a bit of a rest, with Jags in there I'd also drop Howard.

At the moment with Howard, Baines, Mori, Stones and Coleman, no one is organising the defence. No one is getting a bollocking when things go wrong. As ever we are to soft and to nice. I don't expect Jags to hand out bollockings either, but he can organise a defence.

Just my thoughts anyway.

As soon as Jags is fit he needs to be playing. I'd drop Stones just to give him a bit of a rest, with Jags in there I'd also drop Howard.

At the moment with Howard, Baines, Mori, Stones and Coleman, no one is organising the defence. No one is getting a bollocking when things go wrong. As ever we are to soft and to nice. I don't expect Jags to hand out bollockings either, but he can organise a defence.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Don't think you're wide of the mark. Stones is over relied on and Howard should be dropped. I think Stones is great but Mori and Jags might be worth a run just to get Stones going again.