IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

If we carry on getting the results we have we'll finish in the bottom half. We should have this conversation come May Mike.

I personally think the ceiling is 8th now. We'll be between 8th and 12th

Ye of little faith... That's only 3 points mate and I van see a few of the top 8 dropping right down the table still plenty of potential this season!

Of course they are; as proved by us not selling stones in the Summer. How are they possibly worth nothing? If you don't want to sell a player under contract you don't have to. Simple.

It's not just Everton I'm talking about though Mike, in general a players contract means nothing. Invariably if a player wants to go they go. Every now then a club keeps a player after they asked for a move and more often than not things go sour.

Occasionally as in the case of Stones and Saurez (must be more but can't think of them) the players continue playing without a fuss,but history tells us they still move on later while under contract.

One thing I will say though is Martines deserves credit for keeping Stones this summer.

Assuming the board were pro selling (an assumption based upon history), he would have had to stand up to them and convince them not to sell.

He would also have had to talk to Stones and keep him motivated and part of the squad (of course Stone's character would have played its part).

Something that not Many managers have successfully achieved previously.

Edited by Deacs

It's not just Everton I'm talking about though Mike, in general a players contract means nothing. Invariably if a player wants to go they go. Every now then a club keeps a player after they asked for a move and more often than not things go sour.

Occasionally as in the case of Stones and Saurez (must be more but can't think of them) the players continue playing without a fuss,but history tells us they still move on later while under contract.

If a player under contract wants to go and they go then that's a decision made by the club, not the player. There are obviously issues over how someone is going to respond (Berahino) and people running down their contracts which complicates things; but the fact remains that the decision is made by the club after weighing up pros & cons of keeping some who wants to leave (or whose agent wants them to leave) and how badly they want it.

I don't think any of our big names are the sort of people who will sulk (Berahino again) and spit the dummy if they're told we're not selling them. Last couple of big names we let go under the circumstances, Lescott & Felli, were superb deals for us.

Big things happening at Goodison, I really believe it, anyone who wants to jump ship is misguided.

Ok, I accept you're point, the final decision does reside with the club.

The reality is though if players cause enough fuss they get their transfer.

The best thing the club can do is negotiate the best deal and conduct themselves with dignity.

The result is the same though the player leaves.

Ok, I accept you're point, the final decision does reside with the club.

The reality is though if players cause enough fuss they get their transfer.

The best thing the club can do is negotiate the best deal and conduct themselves with dignity.

The result is the same though the player leaves.

Disagree. I'll leave it at that :).

A manager would be a fool to bring in a player who spat out his dummy to achieve the transfer. If he'll do it once, he'll do it again. In other words, a player would be hurting his reputation immensely if he tried to force his way out of a contract.

This is something that Southampton manager koeman has said.... if a player misbehaves in order to get a move, they will sit in the reserves for the remainder of their contract.

Many have threatened this, very few carry it out.

This is something that Southampton manager koeman has said.... if a player misbehaves in order to get a move, they will sit in the reserves for the remainder of their contract.

Many have threatened this, very few carry it out.

I think there is a fine line though. Take the way Martinez has dealt with Mirallas for example. If we had sold him last year we could have probably got between £10M - £15M for him but now that Martinez has banished him from the side for so long his value has plummeted and he is no longer in the shop window so there isn't much interest in him

I think there is a fine line though. Take the way Martinez has dealt with Mirallas for example. If we had sold him last year we could have probably got between £10M - £15M for him but now that Martinez has banished him from the side for so long his value has plummeted and he is no longer in the shop window so there isn't much interest in him

You could see his quality today even above those other squad players. Although it's nothing like what he was 12-18months ago. Not enough game time and only 70% fit IMO

I know you have a hard on for mirallass mc but there's obviously a reason for it. If you believe the rumours of kev being a prick with eto or you don't. But maybe the players know the script and even his best mate lukaku hasn't spoken out about kevs situation. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we got £10-12 mill him.

I know you have a hard on for mirallass mc but there's obviously a reason for it. If you believe the rumours of kev being a prick with eto or you don't. But maybe the players know the script and even his best mate lukaku hasn't spoken out about kevs situation. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we got £10-12 mill him.

Nobody knows what has gone on behind the scenes, the only thing that is certain is that the entire saga has been to the detriment of the side, Mirallas should walk into this team especially when you consider it is Kone who is keeping him out

Nobody knows what has gone on behind the scenes, the only thing that is certain is that the entire saga has been to the detriment of the side, Mirallas should walk into this team especially when you consider it is Kone who is keeping him out

As I have said, omething definitely did go on. As it stands now Kev probably should be getting more game time... having good said that when he has had some opportunities he hasn't exactly shone.

Its really fuckin' easy: if you want to have a better chance at winning matches, you play the usual rock stars PLUS Mirallas, Besic, and Robles. I don't see why Martinez isn't getting this? Its not rocket science. And I'm not talking about one match out of 8 or so, play these lads like 5 times in a row and see where it takes us. Give them a chance to gel, get their chops up, etc. Its really unbelievable sometimes what is going through that guy's head.

Besic is just too hot headed for me. He's such a neat player and he leaves everything on the pitch but he's always on the edge. It's not sonething you could ever take out of his game either!

That's what I love about him. We are the Everton nice guys. Every team probably says what a great group of guys Everton is, love to play golf with them, sportsmen and just a ball of fun.

We need the mother fucker who scares the shit out of other players and teams not knowing whether he will tackle you till you're injured, punch you in the face for a dirty move you pulled on one of our players, or throw some little cheap shots when the ref isn't in view. Just annoy the other players and knock them off their game.

He's the only one. The rest are hitting tea time with the opposing teams after the match. Sharing a crumpet and scone.

That's what I love about him. We are the Everton nice guys. Every team probably says what a great group of guys Everton is, love to play golf with them, sportsmen and just a ball of fun.

We need the mother fucker who scares the shit out of other players and teams not knowing whether he will tackle you till you're injured, punch you in the face for a dirty move you pulled on one of our players, or throw some little cheap shots when the ref isn't in view. Just annoy the other players and knock them off their game.

He's the only one. The rest are hitting tea time with the opposing teams after the match. Sharing a crumpet and scone.

more or less spot on. "We need more snap and bite in the team!", " but not him he's too hot headed!"

:doh:

He's only young, still trying to establish himself. He's the perfect player for our midfield and will only mature with game time.

Besic is just too hot headed for me. He's such a neat player and he leaves everything on the pitch but he's always on the edge. It's not sonething you could ever take out of his game either!

He's like a Bosnian Roy Keane. Honestly he reminds me of him. Needs to get a bit more "tactical" but he will be a major force when he does.

He's like a Bosnian Roy Keane. Honestly he reminds me of him. Needs to get a bit more "tactical" but he will be a major force when he does.

From the outside looking in I don't think he has the brains of Keane. Keane was able to control his aggression.

you serious?! How many times was he booked or sent off for snapping of picking a fight with someone?

I know what MC means to be honest.

Keane often lost it in a pre meditated manner. Like a psychological way.

He wouldn't just do a joey Barton and pick his man an easy target... he would go for Shearer, viera, a person that was a leader for the other side. Don't think he tried with dunc.... who would.

I actually don't think I ever seen a player decide to take him on.

Edited by Hafnia

I know what MC means to be honest.

Keane often lost it in a pre meditated manner. Like a psychological way.

He wouldn't just do a joey Barton and pick his man an easy target... he would go for Shearer, viera, a person that was a leader for the other side. Don't think he tried with dunc.... who would.

I actually don't think I ever seen a player decide to take him on.

focusing aggression on someone is not controlling it! The man was brilliant but often vicious, and it wasn't just leaders, it was anyone who remotely pissed him off.

focusing aggression on someone is not controlling it! The man was brilliant but often vicious, and it wasn't just leaders, it was anyone who remotely pissed him off.

Must admit the one on haarland was bad... that said a lad jumped in on me and my knee was screwed for a while, I wanted to play against him so bad and actually really hurt him.

Haarland didn't try and do keane but stood over him when he was injured, this lad did the same to me and I played on as I didn't want him to know he'd hurt me.

Peter Reid kept a mental note of players he needed to sort out. Didnt he do Marwood for heath?