IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

IF (and that is a big IF) Kenwright had the balls to pull the plug on RM:

1) When would he do it in all seriousness?

2) What would it take for him to do it? How many seasons of this midtable garbage can he stomach?

3) Do you think he has somebody in mind lined-up at this point?

Luckily (imo) he has the balls to stick with him.

I don't agree with you per se, but I commend you for having the patience to stick with him for this long. I just can't do it. I love the guy (bullshit and all) - lovely person - probably the nicest manager in the prem - but my gut tells me he just isn't the right bloke for this club. Maybe another set of players would work better with his vision, but as of now I'm not feeling it.

Who knows - maybe you're right - and he will come good after all of this. I would love to eat crow on this RM scenario ;)

i hope i am wrong but it looks as if Martinez is obsessed with silverware - which affects his focus on the league

The FA Cup gave him relegation -

The European Cup made us a bottom half team -

The Capital One Cup keeps us hovering above the relegation zone -

in his first season we had no cup distractions - and then we did the best in the league

Its not the fans that are conceding goals.

Its not the fans that fail to convert chances.

Its not the fans who misplace a pass.

Its not the fans who make mistakes that lead to dropped points.

It IS the fans that pay yours and your teams wages, for little in return.

They're doing their job, you and your team are not doing theirs and keeping up your side of the bargain.

Edited by Lowensda

Let's be honest. He's never going to change the way we play.

Reminds me of the scene in Wolf of Wall Street, where Jordan drives home after taking the 14 year old drugs, post Cerebral Palsy stage and believes he's driven home (to his amazement) without a scratch.

In reality, he wakes up and find the police in his house because they believe he was DUI, which he denies. On walking outside he realises he didn't get home without a scratch, he actually totaled his car.

Martinez must believe everything is fine and tells us all that is so, when in reality, we see it for the car crash, shit heap that we have to witness week in, week out.

He won't change the direction. He's made that clear with his blindness/persistence of Howard as custodian.

And he's absolutely right. With our squad of players, we SHOULD be competing with Spurs. No question. But we're not.

On paper, most of our players could walk into the big club's first team and perform. We just aren't doing it. There has to be a reason and for me, its the way we play, not the players.

Whereas Moyes was the other way around. He DIDNT have the players to really kick on but he knew how to use his teams to get the results (albeit in a frustrating and bland manner).

We need a proper footballing coach, who can teach the basics and gee the troops. They're young and need the praises, buy they also need to be screamed and dropped, should they not perform the way the should.

I've watched his post match interviews.

Link to the source please?

He says it without actually saying it kind of thing? When he says the players are nervous playing at home. Obviously that's right though because we've won a shit load of games away from home... Oh, wait.

I'm probably reading too much into it because of how down today has got me tbh.

It's the fans fault that we have such a bad record at home according to him.

And if this was true, surely the outright incredible support the away fans give the team, should constitute as wins away from home. Because when I've seen the fans, they've been fantastic away from home, surely we've won all our away games...right....have we not...? They were awesome at Chelsea, is it their awesome fault for the ineptitude of our defenders? I'm confused.

Said previously I am not convinced by RM.

I am now convinced, he IS NOT the man for the job.

Oh for DM to be here to use the hairdryer/

Oh for us to have got hold of Ranieri.

Oh FFS someone do SOMETHING. (I will feel so sick if we do a Wigan, - ie win a cup on the way to relegation)

character

ˈkarəktə/

noun

•  

the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual.

Considering how much he cacks on about it, we are sadly lacking in this department.

Sadly ironic. It is what he lacks above all else, that burning hunger for victory that he can instill in his players. In fact I'd go as far as say his lackadaisacal attitude to defending and making individual errors is deeply unprofessional. He and his players are paid huge amounts of money to win football matches, they are failing miserably.

Here's a good one - in the form table, we're 16th, level with Villa. On home form, we're bottom, 5 points from six matches, a point behind Villa.

http://m.premierleague.com/en-gb/form-guide.html

And he wonders why the fans are on the team's back?? He needs to go, end of argument.

Sadly ironic. It is what he lacks above all else, that burning hunger for victory that he can instill in his players. In fact I'd go as far as say his lackadaisacal attitude to defending and making individual errors is deeply unprofessional. He and his players are paid huge amounts of money to win football matches, they are failing miserably.

Here's a good one - in the form table, we're 16th, level with Villa. On home form, we're bottom, 5 points from six matches, a point behind Villa.

http://m.premierleague.com/en-gb/form-guide.html

And he wonders why the fans are on the team's back?? He needs to go, end of argument.

I'm still blown away by how many times he's stated it's not points that matter but performances.

I'm still blown away by how many times he's stated it's not points that matter but performances.

would make sense if this was MLS where there is no relegation and you're building for the future, but clearly points do matter as we are not yet to 40 this year. though i do wonder if it will be 40 this year, could see it being 32-35 with the likes of sunderland newcastle villa. but we're not to that many either yet!

Edited by markjazzbassist

I think moyes is waiting for the nod to come back.

And I'm not sure how I would feel about that.

I bet he's sitting there thinking what he could do with this side. However I'm not sure he'd be the right person. I wouldn't want to go back to being overly defensive.

He's 5/1 on to be the next manager. I just can't see Martinez getting sacked though.

Edited by MC11

I agree, i think it would be the perfect move for him right now.

Not sure how id feel about it either tbh. he never had this kind of squad with Everton but i dont think he could attract these players or keep them either.

I think it would take the whole summer pre season to get us back to defending like we should if im honest, no quick fixes.

Would be a step backwards. He'd be one of my first choices of we were in danger of relegation though.

Can imagine lukaku working the flanks winning us corners that we never score from, and a midfield of Besic Barry Mccarthy Cleverley with Mori infront of them to win a few knock ons.

i think so too, he's waiting in the wings, already had a word with SAF about it i'm sure. i don't know how to feel either. on one hand steady the ship and bring about some consistency at home. Plus our speed players Lennon Mirallas Lukaku Ross Gerry would be perfect in a defensive first counter attacking style. But on the other hand it's almost like admitting we'll never be a big club again, just accept mediocrity an don't try and exceed expectations.

Edited by markjazzbassist