IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

If we can get a Hiddink character in, short term to steady the ship then great. But who would come?

Now you have mentioned Hiddink, what about appointing him full time from next season once he has left Chelski?

Ambitious but great shout.

Favre would be my shout out of work done a great job a borussia Monchengladbach language would be an issue initially tho

He's my pick.

rusty why the need to start the manager search now? there's no one really solid outside of favre, biesla available. in the summer when the other managers are fired there will be more options. plus RM can get us 40 points we only need 11 and i don't even think we'll need that much, 35 at most i think.

keep him on till the summer and then let go. who knows maybe spurs collapse and poettchino is available (would love him)? maybe soton let go of koeman? i mean they are long shots but stranger things have happened.

rusty why the need to start the manager search now? there's no one really solid outside of favre, biesla available. in the summer when the other managers are fired there will be more options. plus RM can get us 40 points we only need 11 and i don't even think we'll need that much, 35 at most i think.

keep him on till the summer and then let go. who knows maybe spurs collapse and poettchino is available (would love him)? maybe soton let go of koeman? i mean they are long shots but stranger things have happened.

So you want to sack our underachieving manager and replace him with someone who's been sacked for underachieving elsewhere.

That makes sense.

Guest rusty747

I just think that Martinez is now starting to destroy the club. Not intentionally of course, but his philosophy is slowly poisoning the club from within and the longer he stays, the longer it will take the new guy to undo the damage. That's why I see our future in 3 separate stages.

First, get rid of Martinez asap.

Second, appoint interim manager to end of season.

Third, get a quality manager in place for next season.

Edited by rusty747

So you want to sack our underachieving manager and replace him with someone who's been sacked for underachieving elsewhere.

That makes sense.

Underachieving at Spurs is 5th place Europa each year, that would be overachieving for us. Plus he hasn't bought that much he's shed dead wood and worked with what he has. Levy is just a crazy man so his firing doesn't mean he's not quality.

Koeman has sold sold sold and still done well, mid table for a club that small is pretty impressive when you have to sell 2-3 top players each summer.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I really don't understand the calls for Ferguson. People have been saying he'll get the players fired up, make them passionate, lay into them when they need it... He's in a position where he can do that now and obviously isn't doing it.

Disagree. Would be totally different if he was the boss.

i agree our defenders are not agro enough -

we need the Otamendi type of bouncer that cleans the place out - not butlers showing the visitors around -

Martinez must feel the heat by now -

the players must sense the pressure building up -

we are at a stage where careers are destroyed for all concerned -

we can just hope they all realize the seriousness of the situation - they will get hurt most if we fail to improve dramatically -

Mr Martinez get the message across that your fate is in your own hands - don't come and blame us

Say what you will about this season, to me the only question that needs to be answered with regard to his job status is this:

The Summer 2016 transfer window will be the most important window in many of our memories given the status of your "young guns", old farts and goalkeepers. Do you trust RM to BUILD AND MANAGE a squad that can compete for top 4 in 2016/17?

Haha...some right dramatic stuff here...don't know if I'm reading TT or the script for the next big horror film...

Martinez is now starting to destroy the club

his philosophy is slowly poisoning the club from within

we are at a stage where careers are destroyed for all concerned

Our scorelines are a cancer at this point and its spreading creating havoc for both the fans and the supporters.

Cracking me up lads. I'm sure I've read more on previous pages.

Edited by Newty82

I'm 60-40 with Newty at the moment.

Came off a decent run to perform dire against Swansea.

Semi wad tough and always was going to be....it was at City.

I am still wanting to give him a chance until the end of the season...... But not sure if that's more through interest to see how he can turn this around.

I'm 60-40 with Newty at the moment.

Came off a decent run to perform dire against Swansea.

Semi wad tough and always was going to be....it was at City.

I am still wanting to give him a chance until the end of the season...... But not sure if that's more through interest to see how he can turn this around.

Yeah, I get you there. It's really tough to keep the faith at the moment. Swansea was huge for me. Last night, not so much. I'm sure if I really believed we would do it so wasn't all that surprised?!

Plus there's some stats flying around that really make you think.

But, as I keep saying, assess it at the end of the season. That seems more rational than any other suggestion.

Hypothetical question.

If Hiddink was available right now, would we prefer to keep Martinez, or sack Martinez and give Hiddink a permanent contract?

You can't get anymore hypothetical!!!

I mean, what's the big fuss with Hiddink? Why is he suddenly a name on the lips?

The bloke has spent most of his career with National teams, and apart from a successful spell with PSV, has spent very little time in club management.

For starters, I doubt we would have the salary to entice him. Plus I don't think he's interested in permanent contracts at club level (he wasn't last time, we'll see this time).

I've said it makes no sense sacking Martinez just now...so that's me.

Haha...some right dramatic stuff here...don't know if I'm reading TT or the script for the next big horror film...

Martinez is now starting to destroy the club

his philosophy is slowly poisoning the club from within

we are at a stage where careers are destroyed for all concerned

Our scorelines are a cancer at this point and its spreading creating havoc for both the fans and the supporters.

Cracking me up lads. I'm sure I've read more on previous pages.

Ha - I'll take credit for one of those!!

BUT, as melodramatic as those are, they are still more appropriate then something like:

"You lads are so cute and sweet the way you jog around and look like lost little puppies. Its OK, we all make mistakes, if we just all hold hands and sing 'Kum-Bi-Yah' and think positive thoughts, I'm sure a magic rainbow with a sweet little Guinea pig will show up and we can pet him and make it all better. Even though we haven't won a game since Margaret Thatcher shaved her nasty jungle bush, you're still phenomenal and show phenomenal character. I just LOVE YOU, I can't stand it!!!"

Edited by chalkpie

Ha - I'll take credit for one of those!!

BUT, as melodramatic as those are, they are still more appropriate then something like:

"You lads are so cute and sweet the way you jog around and look like lost little puppies. Its OK, we all make mistakes, if we just all hold hands and sing 'Kum-Bi-Yah' and think positive thoughts, I'm sure a magic rainbow with a sweet little Guinea pig will show up and we can pet him and make it all better. Even though we haven't won a game since Margaret Thatcher shaved her bush, you're still phenonmenal and show phenomenal character. I just LOVE YOU, I can't stand it!!!"

Ha ha!! How ironic that you follow it up with more melodramatic language use!

(Credit though...melodramatic is the more appropriate word to use!)