IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

That is the article that nails it.

Far too many "i told you so" merchants. No one said it would be like it has not one person. Many said martinez would leak goals with his style... hardly takes Einstein for that. No one has predicted the type of play, the talent bought in, the ups and downs.

Just people who revert to "i told you" when things are bad.

Thats the problem. Martinez has very very clear issues to address, no mysteries, nothing that requires too much analysis. Its up to him to drop his ego a bit.

I've just come to the realisation that he won't change, Haf. I was never against his appointment in the first place, I was happy to be shot of Moyes. I said a few weeks ago that there's so much to like about him and the way he wants to do things, he's got a long list of positives that he's brought to this club. Indeed, there are more positives than negatives. However, those negatives, however small, are killing us (and me), and, like I said, I've come to the conclusion that he's not going to address them. These are the same negatives that he displayed at Wigan, and they are the exact same negatives he's displaying here (I don't know if these negatives existed at Swansea because they weren't really on my radar). If after all this time he's shown no willingness to change after all this time I don't think he's ever going to.

What I don't get is how any manager can not address something like this. They reflect badly on him, so you'd think he'd do something about it. It has to be about ego and stubbornness. It's all good and well playing good football but when that's all undone then it doesn't matter. I want to win and losing hurts me. It doesn't seem to hurt Roberto anywhere near as much as it should.

There is a certain level that you can only get to by believing in yourself 100%

Martinez is there.

Now what he needs is to transcend.

He needs to find that level where he can admit to his own failings and weakness and instead of getting angry or upset about them....take them as another challenge to overcome them.

He's not there yet.

Where is the www.sackmartinez.com website?

It worked for Pardew. And all involved seem to he happier including Alan himself.

Newcastle have gone downhill since he left...and Crystal Palace have gone uphill since he joined!!!

A prime example of fans getting it wrong.

Another example is Villa fans constantly barracking old Douglas Ellis to get out...he did, eventually...they've gone downhill since he sold up and the American guy took over.

You also look at United fans when Moyes joined. He was written off from the beginning by them because he came from a smaller club with no cups to his name. He got sacked due to fan pressure. LGV got appointed. His record to start with was no better than Moyes. But the fans were happy to give him a chance. Why? Because he'd managed 'big' clubs and won cups? What are the United fans saying now?

Edited by Newty82

Where is the www.sackmartinez.com website?

It worked for Pardew. And all involved seem to he happier including Alan himself.

Newcastle for relegation palace playing nice football and having top 7 target. I rate pardew I know a lot on here don't because of his comments about Everton as a club being small but he's a solid manager, I would have loved him here.

Newcastle have gone downhill since he left...and Crystal Palace have gone uphill since he joined!!!

A prime example of fans getting it wrong.

Another example is Villa fans constantly barracking old Douglas Ellis to get out...he did, eventually...they've gone downhill since he sold up and the American guy took over.

You also look at United fans when Moyes joined. He was written off from the beginning by them because he came from a smaller club with no cups to his name. He got sacked due to fan pressure. LGV got appointed. His record to start with was no better than Moyes. But the fans were happy to give him a chance. Why? Because he'd managed 'big' clubs and won cups? What are the United fans saying now?

Moyes got rid of the backroom staff that did Fergies work for him. Fergies advice to moyes was "let them take you along", they will show you the way. Moyes got rid of the lot... moyes messed up his transfers. Moyes got a footballing team yo play ale house. Moyes got sacked.

Doug Ellis had to go. Villa had no training facilities, the stadium needed work, the team was old. Lerner came in anf improved villa, new training complex, stand rejuvenated and gave Martin Oneill £250m to spend on players. Oneill wasted millions, tied players he fidnt like into long lucrative contracts and basically destroyed a great opportunity that a club like us were desperate for. The last 4 or 5 managers have been working to correct his mistakes.

When a manager comes in a makes a balls up, it takes years to clean up the mess.

Edit:-

Villa have been a big watch item for me having worked with a few of the blokes at the helm there. To me Lerners biggest mistake was trusting MON to the extent that he did.

MON the true dillusioned idiot that he is thought he was Brian Clough, and that the only way was him having total control of "everything".

MON has destroyed that club and Lerner was left with a steaming pile of cow dung when MON sneaked out of the club knowing that he saddled them with a financial hit in lost transfer money and mega tied in salaries.

Heskey

Sidwell

Curtis Davies

Warnock

Reo-coker

Habib Beye

Shorey

Cuellar

Zat Knight

James Collins

Richard Dunne

Luke Young

Marlon Harewood!!!

And Nick Leason was jailed for bringing down bearings bank.

Don't get me wrong Learner made the wrong decision to trust MON, but the money paid by MON and the salaries he put them on was criminal. I would have had him investigated...

Edited by Hafnia

Moyes got rid of the backroom staff that did Fergies work for him. Fergies advice to moyes was "let them take you along", they will show you the way. Moyes got rid of the lot... moyes messed up his transfers. Moyes got a footballing team yo play ale house. Moyes got sacked.

Doug Ellis had to go. Villa had no training facilities, the stadium needed work, the team was old. Lerner came in anf improved villa, new training complex, stand rejuvenated and gave Martin Oneill £250m to spend on players. Oneill wasted millions, tied players he fidnt like into long lucrative contracts and basically destroyed a great opportunity that a club like us were desperate for. The last 4 or 5 managers have been working to correct his mistakes.

When a manager comes in a makes a balls up, it takes years to clean up the mess.

Edit:-

Villa have been a big watch item for me having worked with a few of the blokes at the helm there. To me Lerners biggest mistake was trusting MON to the extent that he did.

MON the true dillusioned idiot that he is thought he was Brian Clough, and that the only way was him having total control of "everything".

MON has destroyed that club and Lerner was left with a steaming pile of cow dung when MON sneaked out of the club knowing that he saddled them with a financial hit in lost transfer money and mega tied in salaries.

Heskey

Sidwell

Curtis Davies

Warnock

Reo-coker

Habib Beye

Shorey

Cuellar

Zat Knight

James Collins

Richard Dunne

Luke Young

Marlon Harewood!!!

And Nick Leason was jailed for bringing down bearings bank.

Don't get me wrong Learner made the wrong decision to trust MON, but the money paid by MON and the salaries he put them on was criminal. I would have had him investigated...

I don't want to go into a big debate with you about this (experience says 100's of posts will end up being written!!!).

The bit about Moyes wasn't a defence of him, it was more a point about how 2 different managers received different treatment from fans because of where they came from....Rather than results alone. You are right though, Moyes had a 'mare clearing out all that winning experience in the backroom team.

And Villa under Ellis also enjoyed a nice new state of the art stand rebuild. You say O'Neil is to blame for the current plight at Villa? But in his years, they finished 6th each time? In Lerner time, Villa have slipped to worse positions then they did under Ellis and will most likely get relegated. O'Neil left almost 6 years ago!!! To be fair, Ellis probably isn't a great example, he did need to go and did cling on to long.

Pardew was a good one though, eh?!! There's no doubt more examples out there, but those 3 came immediately to mind.

Like i say, i dont want to go into full on debate about other clubs with you as it will go on forever. So, the point is that fans aren't always right. It's just a case that those who are disgruntled shout louder.

Nick Leason got jailed for insider trading. My comparison was that MON went gambling with someone else's money.

You say MON finished 6th 3 years in a row... have you looked at how much money he spent? They should have challenged for the league and got top 4 with the money he spent.

People make very quick judgments over learner and MON. Really all they need to do is a bit of research.

Big mouth Oneill was very quick to get very defensive. Lerner has never been one to do his dirty washing in public.

MON like many shithouse managers blow millions and then start bleating about not getting the support to glass over their mistakes. He wanted more money from lerner. He wanted money while having 8 players he signed for big money sat on the bench or in the reserves and threw his toys out the pram when he was told to sell them and use that money... why? Because he devalued them that much they became unsaleable.

In short, he was rumbled and like the shit house he is walked away 5 days before the start of the season. The squad were in disarray as he had alienated half the squad. Villa took such a hit on his signings that the other managers have had to try and work miracles. He is like a lottery winner who gambled on the stock exchange.

So... Yeah that's oneill for you. We can look at his disaster at the stadium of light too. Advocaat and di cannio both highly critical of the money he spent on shite. In a poll sunderland fans rate him as their worst manager. He had the highest relative budget of any sunderland manager and nearly took them down.

Ah right.

I'll be honest, I've never played that much attention to O'Neil. I've always thought he was a good manager, but again, nor really looked at depth at him.

Ai, I know a decent bit about Leeson. That's why I couldn't make the connection. Not sure it's your best effort but I kind of get where you're going!!!

Anyway...Martinez - Direction?!!!

Ah right.

I'll be honest, I've never played that much attention to O'Neil. I've always thought he was a good manager, but again, nor really looked at depth at him.

Ai, I know a decent bit about Leeson. That's why I couldn't make the connection. Not sure it's your best effort but I kind of get where you're going!!!

Anyway...Martinez - Direction?!!!

Same as many. Far too secure in a career that offers too many opportunities for failure.