IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

Let's remember this the next time we are leading at 90 minutes and blow it in stoppage time :)

It's as much the manager as it is the players fault for us losing so many points late on. This is an incredibly unique premier league season.. Let the teams around us sack managers, chop and change players/squads over a few bad results. Stability will be key over the next few years, especially as our ( Martinez's ) squad grows ever strong.

It's as much the manager as it is the players fault for us losing so many points late on. This is an incredibly unique premier league season.. Let the teams around us sack managers, chop and change players/squads over a few bad results. Stability will be key over the next few years, especially as our ( Martinez's ) squad grows ever strong.

good post this, I know it's only two results but maybe the penny we were all waiting for has dropped

I'm as delighted as anyone by this week, well done all the players and well done Martinez for setting us up to score 9 goals without reply.

BUT...

Would he have dropped Howard and Stones without injuries? They have been the biggest culprits in our worst defensive moments since Christmas, good management is dropping players when they are out of form. Has Martinez goy a bit lucky?

good post this, I know it's only two results but maybe the penny we were all waiting for has dropped

There have been a few of us preaching patience. Although I understand the concern of others and I know 2 good league results don't rescue a season, however I think we are close to having an incredible squad, challenging for trophies.

Cant believe ppl are calling for Moyes back.

DM left me so frustrated ALL THE TIME with his late, uninspired substitutions.

We need to get a great manager in OR stick with Martinez. (A good manager) dont believe that he has lost the changing room for a second.

Edited by Peter H

The we whole moyes shouts did my absolute nut in.

David Moyes balanced the books, got rid of dead wood and had us playing one dimensional cautionary football which earned us 5th to 7th place consistently. It was solid enough in a kind of Big Sam sort of way but enough was enough, no progression, no evolution.

Put it this way I never seen us put better teams to the sword the way we did yesterday under moyes.

As I stated elsewhere, RM has clear gaps that can be addressed. He does the tough things well, just getting the basics right.

The we whole moyes shouts did my absolute nut in.

David Moyes balanced the books, got rid of dead wood and had us playing one dimensional cautionary football which earned us 5th to 7th place consistently. It was solid enough in a kind of Big Sam sort of way but enough was enough, no progression, no evolution.

Put it this way I never seen us put better teams to the sword the way we did yesterday under moyes.

As I stated elsewhere, RM has clear gaps that can be addressed. He does the tough things well, just getting the basics right.

ill never agree that Moyes played 1 dimensional football. He knew when to be robust but we also played some lovely attacking football. He did get to the point where he couldn't evolve further but saying he played Fat Sam kinda football is just crazy.

ill never agree that Moyes played 1 dimensional football. He knew when to be robust but we also played some lovely attacking football. He did get to the point where he couldn't evolve further but saying he played Fat Sam kinda football is just crazy.

It did take a very long time to get to that attacking football, and even then it was sporadic. It just wasn't in his make-up to get us to play that way, whether through a bit of fear or because he just didn't know how.

It did take a very long time to get to that attacking football, and even then it was sporadic. It just wasn't in his make-up to get us to play that way, whether through a bit of fear or because he just didn't know how.

it did, but that was because he was redesigning the Walter Smith team - not something we had the money to do in a few seasons.

I agree, it wasn't week in week out, but we weren't 1 dimensional by any stretch.

it did, but that was because he was redesigning the Walter Smith team - not something we had the money to do in a few seasons.

I agree, it wasn't week in week out, but we weren't 1 dimensional by any stretch.

It shouldn't have taken 10 years, because it was only towards the end of his too long tenure it happened. I'm not having that.

Sorry but Moyes dragged the whole relegation rescue act on for years. He created the illusion that he had a squad of players on a £20k a week wage cap.

The reality was far different, he had some immensely talented footballers on good money. Osman, arteta, pienaar, baines with solid strikers.

For me his overriding system was to focus on the false 9 be it cahill or fellaini. Hoof it up, get it wide, cross the ball in. This is why the likes of fellaini and cahill were among out top goalscorers... strikers were starved, pushed out wide and the false 9 got their share of goals.

In short it was pretty fucking boring and predictable. No plan b, defenders for strikers, playing for draws.

I'm not discrediting what he done, just how he did it and sandbagged his way to praise that really should have been "could do more".

"Penknives to gun fights" and "top half is a great achievement for a club like everton".... nah.

I'm as delighted as anyone by this week, well done all the players and well done Martinez for setting us up to score 9 goals without reply.

BUT...

Would he have dropped Howard and Stones without injuries? They have been the biggest culprits in our worst defensive moments since Christmas, good management is dropping players when they are out of form. Has Martinez goy a bit lucky?

I think the true measure will come when we find out whether or not he keeps Howard out for the remainder of the season and lets Stones go for big money in the summer. If he does those two things, by all means, keep him around. Well... that and stop playing Kone as the LM.

Sorry but Moyes dragged the whole relegation rescue act on for years. He created the illusion that he had a squad of players on a £20k a week wage cap.

The reality was far different, he had some immensely talented footballers on good money. Osman, arteta, pienaar, baines with solid strikers.

For me his overriding system was to focus on the false 9 be it cahill or fellaini. Hoof it up, get it wide, cross the ball in. This is why the likes of fellaini and cahill were among out top goalscorers... strikers were starved, pushed out wide and the false 9 got their share of goals.

In short it was pretty fucking boring and predictable. No plan b, defenders for strikers, playing for draws.

I'm not discrediting what he done, just how he did it and sandbagged his way to praise that really should have been "could do more".

"Penknives to gun fights" and "top half is a great achievement for a club like everton".... nah.

1 dimension is still nonsense though. It wasn't just hoofball, or, for example, am I just imagining the Pienaar & Baines partnership? One of the best team goals I've seen at Everton was Ossies vs Larissa.

He had his flaws, for sure, but 1 dimensional and boring is nonsense in my opinion.

1 dimension is still nonsense though. It wasn't just hoofball, or, for example, am I just imagining the Pienaar & Baines partnership? One of the best team goals I've seen at Everton was Ossies vs Larissa.

He had his flaws, for sure, but 1 dimensional and boring is nonsense in my opinion.

Exception rather than rule. Larissa as good as the performance was were shite. Lost every game scoring a total of 4 goals.

The baines pienaar to fellaini/cahill was his pattern. Fire it up, ball out to left, pienaar and baines interplay, cross in.... it was nullified in thd end, when it was there was no plan b.

Edited by Hafnia

I wonder how many years it will be before we are able to let the Moyes era rest in peace?!

He had 10 years, that's alot relative to the age of some of our fans. He was manager for a 3rd of my existence as an Everton fan.... That's a big chunk of time.

Amazing considering my first 10 years seen us win 2 leagues, ecwc, and have 3 FA Cup finals.

He had 10 years, that's alot relative to the age of some of our fans. He was manager for a 3rd of my existence as an Everton fan.... That's a big chunk of time.

Amazing considering my first 10 years seen us win 2 leagues, ecwc, and have 3 FA Cup finals.

Yep, same here.

Still not sure why he gets debated 3 years after he left. I'll give it another 3 years before I get really grumpy about it though.