IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

I'm finished with the man now. Not because we lost but the way his decision-making cost us.

His substitutions were just baffling. Our plan was to counter-attack so he takes Deulofeu off and we go with no pace out wide, and no proper width.

The mans a fucking shithouse, no braver than David Moyes, and no improvement tactically.

This. Fed up now.

as i stated before i would hold my tongue until after this match. so here goes:

martinez out.

we still have the FA cup but i have every confidence he will find a way to leak goals in that and well get knocked out there too.

great at signing and finding talent and nuturing young players, but tactics and game management just way off.

Edited by markjazzbassist

as i stated before i would hold my tongue until after this match. so here goes:

martinez out.

we still have the FA cup but i have every confidence he will find a way to leak goals in that and well get knocked out there too.

great at signing and finding talent and nuturing young players, but tactics and game management just way off.

Again?

You change faster than a whores draws.

Again?

yes i had switched back begining of this season when we were performing well, looked like the offseason had changed some things. turned out it was a fluke 2-3 game stretch and everything that was wrong last year is still wrong this year. i said i'd give him the rest of the year if we won a trophy since he wasn't going to be able to come good on the CL promise to Bill. With league form at a low and now this disasterous loss i just feel there is no forward progress this year. So i think at the end of the campaign it's time to find someone new. Might be before that if we get closer to the relegation battle, but to be honest mike i think the 3 teams at the bottom won't get close to 40, so i'm not fearing (yet) relegation so he can stay through the rest of the season and win the FA cup and make me look a fool :)

i'm not immoveable where i have an opinion and regardless of what's going on i don't change. I welcome arguments and thoughts from both sides and embrace change. had a boss who constantly changed things and made me accept it and made me (for better or worse) be open to it.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I'm finished with the man now. Not because we lost but the way his decision-making cost us.

His substitutions were just baffling. Our plan was to counter-attack so he takes Deulofeuoff and we go with no pace out wide, and no proper width.

The mans a fucking shithouse, no braver than David Moyes, and no improvement tactically.

Bold bold bold!

Why the fuck he took Deulofeu off I don't know. We became more and more vulnerable down their left side after it. Stones just couldn't cope with Sterling like in the league game...

And for anyone who wants to blame referees.... Remember the stonewall penalty in the league game? Their second goal was karma for it....

Please get rid of this charlatan

Edited by MC11

Bold bold bold!

Why the fuck he took Deulofeu off I don't know. We became more and more vulnerable down their left side after it. Stones just couldn't cope with Sterling like in the league game...

And for anyone who wants to blame referees.... Remember the stonewall penalty in the league game? Their second goal was karma for it....

i think he was trying to close up shop at that point and hold onto the draw. mccarthy to defend with clev and barry. barkley and kone and rom the only attackers. which is strange since he's so attack minded, i would've thought it was attack to the death, but what do i know (expecting snarky remarks..... :) )

Bold bold bold!

Should have taken off lukaku for kone. He took off deulofeu so that Kone could come on and do the fucking work that lazy bastard couldn't be fucking arsed with.

Essentially gerry got subbed for Lukaku's lazy bastard performance. I'm watching it again on rewind/speed up etc.

I'd fine Rom for this.

Should have taken off lukaku for kone. He took off deulofeu so that Kone could come on and do the fucking work that lazy bastard couldn't be fucking arsed with.

Essentially gerry got subbed for Lukaku's lazy bastard performance. I'm watching it again on rewind/speed up etc.

I'd fine Rom for this.

Yep said it was coming.... Purple patch over.

Yep said it was coming.... Purple patch over.

Whilst everyone was hailing the arrival of the player he promised to be, I had a sneaky worry that he would revert to lazy bastard mode.

There has been some notorious players for this, Kenwyn jones had what was known as an extended Christmas break. The Yak did it too. Adebuyor... well let's leave that one there, he's not quite at that level of laziness

I'd fine Rom for this.

I agree Lukaku was shit, but if he gets fined, what do you do with Stones? Take him out and shoot him?

Best we can probably hope for is £100m for the pair for a new manager to spend.

Personally I thought our midfield was dreadful, Cleverley just doesn't cut it for me, I thought it was a disgrace when he won all those England caps just coz Fergie liked him. Ive tried to change my opinion of him, but he just does not seem to offer anything.

And let's be fair, Geri was very poor tonight as well. Really pissed me off he took that free kick - why does Baines refuse to pull rank as the senior pro? Like with Mirallas last season. We lack leaders.

Edited by nogs

I agree Lukaku was shit, but if he gets fined, what do you do with Stones? Take him out and shoot him?

Personally I thought our midfield was dreadful, Cleverley just doesn't cut it for me, I thought it was a disgrace when he won all those Engkand caps just coz Fergie liked him. Ive tried to change my opiniin of him, but he just does not seem to offer anything.

And let's be fair, Geri was very poor tonight as well. Really pissed me off he took that free kick - why does Baines refuse to pull rank as the senior pro? Like with Mirallas last season. We lack leaders.

Agreed with Cleverly. No idea what his game is about and call me ignorant but I don't want to find out either.

As for Gerry taking the free kick he was the only right footed player that could take it, with the exception of Barkley at a push. I think it made sense he have a crack at it, didn't seem like a left footed shot.

Agreed with Cleverly. No idea what his game is about and call me ignorant but I don't want to find out either.

As for Gerry taking the free kick he was the only right footed player that could take it, with the exception of Barkley at a push. I think it made sense he have a crack at it, didn't seem like a left footed shot.

Nah, Baines could have hit both corners from there. He's a shrinking violet.

Personally I thought our midfield was dreadful, Cleverley just doesn't cut it for me, I thought it was a disgrace when he won all those England caps just coz Fergie liked him. Ive tried to change my opinion of him, but he just does not seem to offer anything.

Midfield - Barry gets all the accolades but for me the guys playing in mud. Can't run, plays stupid diagonal balls into the box every time we have possession in oppositions half - gives ball away.

We've got a lot of chopping and changing to do if we want to compete with the big boys.

League wise we've conceded 84 (while scoring 88). Cup games could easily put the total up to 110, but will also add to our scored column.

Not saying that's good enough for a moment but perspective is needed.

I'll say what I said (I think) just before Christmas...he still has my support BUT he has to show some intent to sort this goals conceded issue out. In fact, no, not just intent...it had to be sorted. It is going to rip his ball sack off.

I mean, I'm frustrated with him, for sure. Because I'm wanting him to do well. Here, at Everton. Because I believe he will go on to be a top Manager...its whether he'll get the chance/time to do it here?

He is, in Management terms, the equivalent of a Lukaku, Stones, Barkley, Geri. Exciting with plenty to offer but still learning.

He has built a sound squad here, he's instilled some good footballing principles, thete are a lot of plus points. But those results have to improve. The goals conceded have to go down. Otherwise, it won't count for much.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I trust my own.

I've said we should have sacked him last season, I stand by that notion, and haven't flip-flopped yet for the record :)

I like the guy a lot - he is a bullshitter for sure but a sweet guy - however I think this marriage just isn't working. We concede, concede, concede, concede, concede........always hearing that its gonna get better......and well, it doesn't. How did we fuck this one up with a 1-nil lead and a 2-1 aggregate? Because we are Everton and its to be expected at this point.

I don't have the answer of who should succeed RM- but frankly that isn't my job - so the powers that be need to look at this situation with utter seriousness and really look at the ramifications if we keep performing like we do. Our scorelines are a cancer at this point and its spreading creating havoc for both the fans and the supporters. The waiting period is WAY long gone, and has been for a long time.

This team is better than the outcomes suggest - we need a new maestro to take us to that place. The right person at the helm can turn this club into a frightening team - the lads need a bonfire under their arses and some tough love. They also need to learn to approach the manner in which they press and defend the opposition from a different perspective.

I love this team and refuse to give up in them, but I do demand a change.

Yeah, I'm still at home.

What's that? All competitions? Or is that just league to beginning of last season? How does this compare with fellow PL managers?

Let's think.... A win ration of 30% (give or take) is going to get him up there with the good managers or bad ones? Edited by MC11

Let's think.... A win ration of 30% (give or take) is going to get him up there with the good managers or bad ones?

Dunno. Haven't looked at it. But you have? Over what time span is it? I just realised it's not from beginning of last season, not enough games. So is it just league games from a certain date or what? How many of those games were loses?

Dunno. Haven't looked at it. But you have? Over what time span is it? I just realised it's not from beginning of last season, not enough games. So is it just league games from a certain date or what? How many of those games were loses?

It's enough games to realise he's doing a shite job look at the league tables if you don't believe me. The current one and last seasons one. They'll paint a picture

Ill say this:- if he isnt taken to task as a minimum it shows how small time we really are as a club..

I actually dont think he will be.

I agree with this. Some people criticised the Bill/Moyes relationship because while it provided stability for the club, the pair of them appeared to be content with getting 6th place every year and there was no pressure in either direction to be more ambitious.

Bill has seemed to take the stance with Martinez that he can have all this time to sort things out because he's good for PR and he's got us playing 'sexy' football. I'm not saying I want Roberto sacked but there needs to be pressure from the board to force him to find solutions and ramp up the amount of progress we are making as a team and a club, just like there needs to be pressure from Roberto on the players to learn quickly from their mistakes, and arguably pressure from the players on each other too.

At the moment everyone from top to bottom at the club is far too content with the fact we've been a mid table club for 18 months but it's okay because we have a manager who is developing and players who are young and developing. That's fine to an extent but you do want to see that pressure and that ambition to make improvements as quickly as possible.

Perhaps this is something the prospective new owners can inject a bit of into the club.

It's enough games to realise he's doing a shite job look at the league tables if you don't believe me. The current one and last seasons one. They'll paint a picture

Ok. I was genuinely interested. If you'd just told me from what point the 50 odd games started from, I would have looked myself for comparisons and give an honest answer. It would be interesting to see...but it's quite hard to get straight answers isn't it?!!!

I know the last season and a half is not good enough. That's not even being debated.

Can someone remind me why we ignore the first season again?!!!

Can someone remind me why we ignore the first season again?!!!

For the same reason that Chelsea sacked JM this year - they were playing like dogshit and something was rotten at the core (which of course was JM it appears). You can't live on past glories when your current form has been shite for the better part of two seasons now.