IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

Guest bobby1982

6 wins out of 23 isn't it? And 18 out of 60 odd going further.

Relegation form.

My word, didn't realise it was this bad.

Edited by bobby1982

3 wins in the last 21 outings in all competitions ? naaahhhhh that does not do it for me -

i am a big Martinez fan but i think he is getting to the end of his tether -

players making all these regular schoolboy errors on the pitch must also start taking responsibility or be benched -

maybe our squad is not as good as we think? or they are trying to play better than their capabilities and are dismally failing

I'll let my tongue go. If we win on Wednesday, I will still have the same opinion as I have right now. With you saying you will hold your tongue, all you mean is your opinion can change game by game so I for one don't value your opinion then Mark.

If we win on Wednesday it will be because we have gone into the game one goal ahead. We know Wembley is the next step. We know it's a one off game. We know we can play counter which is our best way.... I judge Martinez on these games today. In my head, we had this wrapped up today before the whistle. We have had a alot of these games and we Havnt performed in any of them. Same mistakes again and again. I would like to see Bobby get a right hand man in, like a Rodgers style because he has some perfect methods but ultimately some championship ones also.

Bobby if you read far enough back I said fire the man it will be another 11th place finish again this year. But I said the only way I'd give him the rest of this season is a cup victory. We're in the semi so I can't say fire him yet cause we've still got another leg. Potentially an opportunity in the FA cup as well. If he wins either I give him another year. Been 20 years I think a trophy deserves another year.

That's why I said hold my tongue bud.

Your generally very much like me Matt (no offence!!) but just think about it...we've been defending the same thing for 12 months. And it's still happening.

I'm not panicking. I'm not angry. I'm just so so disappointed.

Same here, but for the most part of the season we've been electric. Not sure I'm defending the same thing; last season I was attacking the mundane possession bullshit I've always hated and defended individuals who suffered because of the slow pace. This season I'm defending a complete change of play which would be paying off if not for little cock ups and shitty officiating

Bobby if you read far enough back I said fire the man it will be another 11th place finish again this year. But I said the only way I'd give him the rest of this season is a cup victory. We're in the semi so I can't say fire him yet cause we've still got another leg. Potentially an opportunity in the FA cup as well. If he wins either I give him another year. Been 20 years I think a trophy deserves another year.

That's why I said hold my tongue bud.

Just call him Brett...

Matt, two things you've said... 'Things will only get better'. I want to believe that, I really do, but we've been excusing poor results for more than 12 months now. When does optimism become blind??

And as for being 'electric most of this season' - have we, really?? Bar the City first leg, I genuinely cannot remember a performance where we played well for 90 minutes since we beat Chelsea at home. Yes there have been flashes, but to me we are dreadfully inconsistent, there's easily as much flat, soulless pedestrian football as there is breath-taking expansive stuff.

Same here, but for the most part of the season we've been electric. Not sure I'm defending the same thing; last season I was attacking the mundane possession bullshit I've always hated and defended individuals who suffered because of the slow pace. This season I'm defending a complete change of play which would be paying off if not for little cock ups and shitty officiating

And that's my point entirety.

They are still happening!

Man, we could have a forward line up of Ronaldo, Messi, Bale, Neymar...etc...and these mistakes will still cost us points.

So, for me, unless Martinez can address these errors, then we aren't going anywhere! And that's based on over 1.5 seasons, not a few matches.

I really want him to succeed because he knows how to play going forward, he can spot a player...but game by game, my reality changes bit by bit.

Things won't get better with Martinez. Would've happened by now. We are running at optimum capacity with RM at the helm right now - which is 12th place. Same shit happened one year ago, and we all said it will be different this year. Its not. Cup or no cup we are mid tabel with RM. You know we are in a shitty place when Chelsea are closing in on us on the table - and I say that with no tongue in cheek. We should be LIGHT YEARS ahead of that shit team and yet we run almost neck-n-neck. Martinez "Kum-bi-yah" bullshit was olde even one year ago - now its rotten and decomposing. Sick of us losing, drawing. Sick of Martinez. We need a change. Not at the end of the season, not until after we (possibly win) the League cup - it needs to happen now or the cancer that is eating away at this team will become too great and we will never recover from it (ie Geri, Ross, Rom, etc).

Hahaha....how many times had he tried to 'break back in'?!!

Think that's the fifth/sixth.

Thing is Brett, if you're reading as a guest, just ask and give assurances that you won't be an abusive twat and we'll give you another go. No point in trying to go "under the radar" because you'll not manage it.

I'm starting to think losing to City on Wednesday might be a good thing.

There is only one direction that we are headed in under Martinez and it's not going to end well. At the moment we look more likely to get sucked into a relegation battle than breaking into the top half of the table

When you look at the defenders we have it's totally baffling how we can be so shite at the back

The most worrying thing for me is that if we can't pick up points when the players confidence is up and we are scoring for fun then what's it going to be like if we lose Lukaku for a prolonged period or the players confidence goes

451 is doing my head in. We've played the same formation for over a decade, only differences are we now have an out and out winger, and play the ball slow and short. Barkley gets no space and doesn't try hard enough too when behind the striker. We need a change.

Annoyingly under both mangers we have been capable of playing great direct football on the ground, but neither have invested in going for it.

I'm torn on him I don't want him to get the boot but he needs to sort vital parts of our game and quick

We've got more or less some of the best defenders this league has to offer with good players sat in front of them so I really can't see why we've been so poor and leaking goals so badly is it his stubbornness tactically? Do we need to bring in better defensive coaches?

Fucked if i know but it's plain to see we have a very talented group of lads who with one or two quality additions could really push on and that's why it's so infuriating

Edited by EFC-Paul

I'm torn on him I don't want him to get the boot but he needs to sort vital parts of our game and quick

We've got more or less some of the best defenders this league has to offer with good players sat in front of them so I really can't see why we've been so poor and leaking like goals so badly is it his stubbornness tactically? Do we need to bring in better defensive coaches?

Fucked if i know but it's plain to see we have a very talented group of lads who with one or two quality additions could really push on and that's why it's so infuriating

+1

Let's see how we do in the cups this week. I think he's an excellent cup manager but think it's clear now he's making the same mistakes week in, week out in the league. Win us a cup and this season has been a success. Fail to win a cup and I don't really think there's much of a case to keep him.

We've got more or less some of the best defenders this league has to offer with good players sat in front of them so I really can't see why we've been so poor and leaking like goals so badly is it his stubbornness tactically? Do we need to bring in better defensive coaches?

I agree.

What I'm asking myself now is how much difference would that one or 2 quality additions make if we keep doing the same at the back?

How would having Yarmelenko help for example?

Martinez needs to show he can sort this out. He's most of the way there...just tripping over the same problems.

He won't/can't sort anything out. Coulda/shoulda/woulda by now - don't you think? He doesn't want to be placed 12th either but you have to think he is honestly giving his best go at it, and its not good enough.

Matt, two things you've said... 'Things will only get better'. I want to believe that, I really do, but we've been excusing poor results for more than 12 months now. When does optimism become blind??

And as for being 'electric most of this season' - have we, really?? Bar the City first leg, I genuinely cannot remember a performance where we played well for 90 minutes since we beat Chelsea at home. Yes there have been flashes, but to me we are dreadfully inconsistent, there's easily as much flat, soulless pedestrian football as there is breath-taking expansive stuff.

I wasn't excusing results last season, they we're worthy of defending!

And yeah, electric. I'm back to the first season feeling of "well, I know we'll score". Our football has been great going forward for 80% of the time.

I agree.

What I'm asking myself now is how much difference would that one or 2 quality additions make if we keep doing the same at the back?

How would having Yarmelenko help for example?

Martinez needs to show he can sort this out. He's most of the way there...just tripping over the same problems.

Yarmolenko wouldn't be the answer to that conundrum Newty I'm sure he would add more goals to our game etc and undoubtedly would improve the side

Sometimes it takes a certain type of player to change a sides dynamic that's how sides improve

As I said fucked if I know he's building a very talented group of relatively young players but something's amis and that's what I can't pin down it could well be behind the scenes, training not enough defensive work etc who knows

If only Moyes would be willing to be a number two....

if i am a postman and i cant delver letters i get sacked

if i am a football manager and i can't deliver results i get sacked. you cunts who think we should keep martinez need a stab to the heart.

Abit harsh

People can see he has ability as a manager its a fine line between getting it right the main concern for me personally is his inability to change his methods or style but IF he did or could that side you mention which he's had a big hand in assembling could well push on

Who would we bring in now? Or even at the end of the season?

I wasn't excusing results last season, they we're worthy of defending!

And yeah, electric. I'm back to the first season feeling of "well, I know we'll score". Our football has been great going forward for 80% of the time.

You see, I don't think we're as good as made out going forward. I couldn't see a goal coming today, we got lucky at Newcastle, we lacked an edge even when playing well against City and Spurs.

We have this reputation now of being a pretty team to watch, but I think we flatter to deceive. Pretty passing is pointless if you don't put the ball in the back of the net, and I believe we are wasteful, especially in key moments in matches. It's even more pointless when your defending is as dreadful as ours.

No, I'm sorry, I really wanted Martinez to succeed, but we're a mess under him and I don't think he's got what it takes to turn it round.