• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Yeah yeah. For you it doesn't matter how the players actually play, you just see them doing something exciting once in a while and they are great. You obviously don't see how players play when they are not in possession and you only care about the highlight reels. If Deulofeu played 90 minutes you'd get a really great Youtube video at the end of season but it would completely lack context - for instance how badly Coleman would be exposed in every game because either Deulofeu walks hands on hips 30 yards too high up with Coleman facing two attackers or just being run past because he has no clue on how to defend or mark (at least in the latter he tries, but you can't usually even say that). Nor does it show the nine out of ten situations where he picks the wrong choice. As for his crossing, yes, it's technically great but he doesn't look where players are. Contrast Baines, for instance yesterday's cross to Barkley, he very clearly looks where players are and put a beautiful cross in the danger area. Deulofeu probably would have crossed somewhere else (assuming he didn't loose the ball by trying to beat the same man three times first) and the sulked hands on hips because no-one could read his mind.

Mirallas is completely anonymous for most matches.

Funes Mori is another for the highlight reels because it doesn't show his poor positioning or how he forgets his man in box all too often. Or his lack of pace. But he does have a few great headers, runs and tackles every season so you can make a reel that makes him look like a world-beater.

Good point, theres a real issue with Mr Baines after that yesterday, wheres it been previous and whats the story on corners.

Say what???

Worst home form in the clubs history wasn't it? I'm all for a bit of revisionism but lets let the dust settle a little bit before we grant clown-shoes a stay of execution.

Sorry if it looked like I was praising Martinez, but I was trying to use last season as a comparison on how I see our football in terms of what we looked like then to now, last season I was frustrated we'd go 2-0 up and lose 3-2 but I never had the feeling I have now of team that look like they haven't got a clue how to win a game or string 3 or 4 good passages of play together, we are playing some of the poorer teams in the league and they look better, never felt that last season.

So it's not condescending that you can tell everyone that said we were terrible that they need to wake up and smell the coffee, you started the mud slinging got some back and through your dummy out the pram.

And 30 years a supporter doesn't make you right.

Do you actually read what's posted? I wasn't referring to the performance I was talking about people who think we should be up with the top 6 after 15 games. It wasn't aimed at you or anyone else in particular.

Still kindly fuck off though wont you. ?

If you offered me four points ahead of any two consecutive away games in the Premier League I'd take them.

Not a great season overall so far but I'm not slitting my wrists on Koeman just yet.

I can't believe people expected more from us than 7th with the squad we have and targets we missed in the summer.

No it's not a revalation but we all know what happened last time we had a rvalation of a season .

It's a project and we have had two eleventh placefinishes but people are fuming we're 7th

I can't believe people expected more from us than 7th with the squad we have and targets we missed in the summer.

No it's not a revalation but we all know what happened last time we had a rvalation of a season .

It's a project and we have had two eleventh placefinishes but people are fuming we're 7th

I think the fast start set people's hopes unrealistically high personally.

Agreed I predicted us 11th again. The squad is old and barren of talent.

When given a bit of time, yes.

As said above... it'll take more than one window and 6 months of coaching to turn round the previous shite. This squad needs a whole transformation. I'm not sure if our fans are delusional or see that these players are good on computer games so must be in real life but we really only have the 7th best squad in the Prem and even that's debatable... we're not that good at the moment and whoever took over had a massive job on their hands.

I think I'm allowed to expect more.

We are god awful and it looks as if Koeman is a one trick pony. And that trick is out of date.

The wheels were always going to fall iff, even with the start we weren't playing particularly well and you could see the squad had no quality.

He has to be given time though Mike, sack him and bring who in and at what cost?do we just keep launching managers because Our Lord couldn't do any better with the players we have.

Your right that has got a lot to do with it, but can you imagine what a predicament we would be in if we didn't get those points from our first five games, and we average what we've achieved points wise in all the other games, as Fraser would say we're all be doomed.

Your right that has got a lot to do with it, but can you imagine what a predicament we would be in if we didn't get those points from our first five games, and we average what we've achieved points wise in all the other games, as Fraser would say we're all be doomed.

But we did get the points. By your way of thinking it's like Leicester saying " can you imagine we didn't get 14 points from a possible 15 there we wouldn't of won the leage"

We got the points just like we have 4 from 6 over the Christmas period. If and I understand it's an IF we beat Soton Monday we will have 7 from 9, would you not be pleased with that? I'd of bitten your hand off if offered before a ball waskicked.

But we did get the points. By your way of thinking it's like Leicester saying " can you imagine we didn't get 14 points from a possible 15 there we wouldn't of won the leage"

We got the points just like we have 4 from 6 over the Christmas period. If and I understand it's an IF we beat Soton Monday we will have 7 from 9, would you not be pleased with that? I'd of bitten your hand off if offered before a ball waskicked.

I know that this may sound strange, but it's yes to the points even if we end up with 4 or 5 I'd be happy with the points, not so long ago I genuinely thought we were going to be dragged into a relegation fight, but what I'm not happy with is bar the Arsenal game, the manner in which we are achieving some of the points we are spunking a lot of these draws playing some grim football, and that's not the Everton I want to see.

The wheels were always going to fall iff, even with the start we weren't playing particularly well and you could see the squad had no quality.

He has to be given time though Mike, sack him and bring who in and at what cost?do we just keep launching managers because Our Lord couldn't do any better with the players we have.

I agree.

I know that this may sound strange, but it's yes to the points even if we end up with 4 or 5 I'd be happy with the points, not so long ago I genuinely thought we were going to be dragged into a relegation fight, but what I'm not happy with is bar the Arsenal game, the manner in which we are achieving some of the points we are spunking a lot of these draws playing some grim football, and that's not the Everton I want to see.

But you have to let him get his own players in first.

Just a few random observations...

- If I remember correctly, Koeman usually does much better in the second half of seasons than the first. Let's see what happens this time around.
- Despite being 7th, we're much closer to the bottom team than to the first (the leading six distort the table).
- Koeman has yet to really influence a transfer window (remember - he even stayed on vacation rather than join Everton immediately).

- We've brought three young players through this year, which is very encouraging (although I wish we'd play them more).

- We're looking to buy a young lad from Charlton, so maybe the youth policy isn't dying after all (I was concerned about that).

- Koeman definitely has favourites, which frustrates me but it's human nature. I just hope we don't overpay for more aging Dutch players.

He's purposely playing Jagielka to force the owners to buy. He's a fucking idiot because there's no sign that Moshiri is a pretender, and if Koeman carries on treating him, the club and us like this he can fuck the fuck off.

So, you come up with a ridiculous idea and based on that figment of your imagination you call Koeman an idiot?

Thanks for clarifying numerically how many points nine is, I'd have been a bit confused if you hadn't :lol:.

Haha, nice one Wisenheimer! Wasn't sure how well you Brits can read so I make it easy for you ?

I've always done that in all honesty, not sure why, maybe it's a mental defect...The same one akin to supporting this team ?

Edited by chalkpie

There is now a nine (9) point gap between us (7th) and Man U (6th)....that is a hefty gap for one place up the table.

I know its hard to get your head around, a bookie would probably give odds out that would reflect, that you have more of a chance of going down than finishing 6th even though your 7th.

Based on current form.

Edited by Palfy

I know its hard to get your head around, a bookie would probably give odds out that would reflect, that you have more of a chance of going down than finishing 6th even though your 7th.

Based on current form.

Or not.

Relegation we're 200/1 at worst, best value 275/1.

Top six finish between 15/2 and 10/1.

Too many knees jerking.

Or not.

Relegation we're 200/1 at worst, best value 275/1.

Top six finish between 15/2 and 10/1.

Too many knees jerking.

That really does surprise me I was miles out, but when you think about it another 11-12 points with half the season to go is more than doable, but the odds for us finishing 6th are shocking would have thought they'd have been 20-30 times better than there offering.