IGNORED

Arsenal (Away) Saturday February 3rd

markjazzbassist

Away facing a team that attacks i'm expecting the Sam Special should be 5 defenders 2 goalies and 4 midfielders out there.  Here's what i want (go at them like roberto did) but won't see

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Williams Garbutt

Gana

Rooney     Davies

DCL                  Tosun              Niasse

same plan as roberto, attack the hell out of monreal and their weak backline.  DCL on the right to exploit weak little nacho.  3 forwards and all of them have a go.  Rooney spraying passes around, Davies switching defense to attack and moving the ball and helping to defend, Gana snuffing out all attacks.

12 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Away facing a team that attacks i'm expecting the Sam Special should be 5 defenders 2 goalies and 4 midfielders out there.  Here's what i want (go at them like roberto did) but won't see

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Williams Garbutt

Gana

Rooney     Davies

DCL                  Tosun              Niasse

same plan as roberto, attack the hell out of monreal and their weak backline.  DCL on the right to exploit weak little nacho.  3 forwards and all of them have a go.  Rooney spraying passes around, Davies switching defense to attack and moving the ball and helping to defend, Gana snuffing out all attacks.

If Coleman and Garbutt were fit, that might just about give us the width. But I fear thats not the case.

Id like to see

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Jags Garbutt

Gana

Theo Rooney Vlasic

Tosun Niasse

But I know that's far too positive

6 hours ago, Matt said:

If Coleman and Garbutt were fit, that might just about give us the width. But I fear thats not the case.

Id like to see

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Jags Garbutt

Gana

Theo Rooney Vlasic

Tosun Niasse

But I know that's far too positive

If Coleman is truly fit enough:

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Williams Garbutt

Gana  Davies

Theo Gylfi Vlasic

Tosun

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

they just got aubamayeng (sp?).  lacazette has been a bit of a dud for them.

I think that situation with Aubameyang and Giroud as bizarre.

The former is a pace merchant who isnt exactly young. They dont play 2 up front so unless they play him wide, it will be him or Lacazette. Both are similar as well.

Then they get rid of Giroud who offers them a different option who also has a proven track record in the league.

I shouldnt be surprised by Arsenal's transfer policy but the whole situation is odd.

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think that situation with Aubameyang and Giroud as bizarre.

The former is a pace merchant who isnt exactly young. They dont play 2 up front so unless they play him wide, it will be him or Lacazette. Both are similar as well.

Then they get rid of Giroud who offers them a different option who also has a proven track record in the league.

I shouldnt be surprised by Arsenal's transfer policy but the whole situation is odd.

yeah i'm wondering if he goes 2 up top or 343 and has auba lacazette and ozil in a front 3.

well lacazette has been a big disappointment for their side and aubameyang can do a big impact if he plays. most likely he is going to... but his pace can cause some trouble, on the other he has never been a killer as lacazette was during his olympique lyonnais days. to compare, aubameyang is faster and creates more danger in the box but lacazette is a better finish even though he couldn't show his skills for arsenal yet.

on the other hand if ozil in a good mood, he is the most dangerous player of them. killer passes... i mean he is f..ing talented.

nacho monreal playing really bad recently but bellerin can cause some trouble on the left side of the pitch. mkhitaryan wasn't good enough for united but can fit better to arsenal's play style.

it is probably gonna be a good game to watch and i hope you guys can make it.

Want us to go for it but as usual we won’t. 

Pickford

Holgate       Keane     Mangala

coleman                                               Garbutt

Rooney     Gana

Walcott                            Gilfi

Cenk 

a variation of five at the back 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Want us to go for it but as usual we won’t. 

Agree with both of these points.

Although I’d be happy to take a point today, I’d prefer a strategy that promises to attack Arsenal’s mediocre defense rather than one that hopes to draw 0-0.  That means, first and foremost, no Gana-Schneiderlin pairing.  It means 5 clear attackers plus either Davies - who will both defend and attack - or Rooney - who is our best deep lying playmaker.  It means 2 wingers and 2 strikers, and Sigurdsson as #10.  Three at the back and Gana or Schneiderlin sitting in front and not getting forward - protect, protect, let the attackers attack.

Pickford

Holgate      Williams       Keane   (could be a somewhat different 3-set)

Gana        Davies (or Rooney)

Walcott    Sigurdsson      Bolasie

Tosun            DCL

Maybe this is too dangerous, and we’d get thumped 4-0.  But I think such an attacking set-up would challenge Arsenal’s defense.  Although I wouldn’t (quite) prefer losing 3-2 to a 0-0 draw, i do want to take whatever risks are involved in trying to put Arsenal on the back foot right away.  We have a better chance of taking a point by scoring goals.

Pickford

Coleman           Keane          Jags          Garbutt

Gana              Davies

Walcott                     Siggy               Bolassie

Tosun