Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Chelsea (Away) Sunday November 11th

This will be a very difficult fixture away.  Chelsea are playing well and have a great lineup.  Zouma can't play, and i think DCL would be a good choice here to work hard and track back and then also hit them fast on the counter. Here's what I want

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Gomes Gana

Lookman    Gylfi     Richarlison

DCL

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Mina for Zouma. No other changes. Go out, play positive and try and get at them. 

Consistency in selection is paying off. Hopefully Mina gives Silva a big headache from here on.

Same as this our record at the Bridge is shit to try and defend for a point would be counterproductive take the game to them more chance of getting something out of it that way. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

let's hope they are tired from europa and the travelling.  im gonna miss this one sadly,  COYB

Going to be in a hotel room so hoping their internet is decent✌️.

I know Chelsea haven’t been beaten yet but they certainly can be. Morata and giroud are hardly prolific. Most of their goals come from midfielders running from deep. Gana will deffo be on a tightrope for two yellows as he will be pivital to breaking the play up and us breaking from there. Jorginiho likes to lie deep and play in hazard, Pedro Willian etc. If Richarlison isn’t fit I’d play DCL up top as he is more mobile and can defend from the front a bit better than Cenk. Their centre halves have hardly been tested so we need to be positive. We need a big game out of Walcott this weekend as his speed will be crucial on the break. If we can contain hazard for the first twenty then we are in business. One of these days are final ball is going to click and we are going to be clinical. I’ve got a good feeling we will get something out of the game. Hopefully a win 

5 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Well we do have more centre halves 

That's true, but given that neither Jags nor Holgate are making the bench and Mina has been, I'd be shocked to see either one of them.

Either way, I agree with you.

43 minutes ago, Btay said:

Hazard v Coleman is the key match up for us. We need Coleman to be at the races for this one. 

Everywhere else on the pitch, I think we can match them.

I think if here one person we can relie in to be up for the challenge... it’s the Lion that is Seamus.

35 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I think if here one person we can relie in to be up for the challenge... it’s the Lion that is Seamus.

Not concerned about his passion, moreso his ability to contain hazard. He will need to be at his best.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Would love to go 6th tomorrow but there is a long way to go yet. As optimistic as I am I still feel we are way behind the top 6 teams. 

I agree but we aren't far off I think these lads could well match most sides in that mix when they've played a few more games together 

9 hours ago, MikeO said:

I hope you had all four limbs in contact with wood when you posted that.

I'm not feeling so good about this one. It's been a rough few years dealing with his banter. He still brings up the backheel by Besic that led to a goal a few seasons ago.

I kindly remind him of the Naismith hattrick. 

28 minutes ago, sibdane said:

I'm not feeling so good about this one. It's been a rough few years dealing with his banter. He still brings up the backheel by Besic that led to a goal a few seasons ago.

I kindly remind him of the Naismith hattrick. 

What a beautiful day that was, could we dare look for a repeat of that ? yes we could. 

8 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

I agree but we aren't far off I think these lads could well match most sides in that mix when they've played a few more games together 

Yeah I actually don't think player for player we are that far off - just the mentality against those big teams. We need a Derby win to turn it around in sure that'll give us a huge boost.

I have seen a fair bit of Chelsea now and they can definitely be beaten. We are actually very similar teams, at least when you compare how we looked to dominate Brighton compared to how they looked to dominate Soton. Soton created a few decent chances on the counter and the times they had sustained possession (which wasnt very often) they made Chelsea look fragile. In the Arsenal game they could have conceeded bucket fulls. 

I just hope Richarlison is fit because we need our best players in a game like this.

I can see this one being 2-1 either way it's one of those games that's hard to call 

If we come out and play to our strengths then we've every chance but if we let Hazard and Willian run freely through the middle we're fucked