IGNORED

Chelsea (Away) Sunday November 11th

markjazzbassist

Good point that. Very even game and we just lack composure up top which isnt unsurprising given everything that has happened in the last 18 months. 

I wouldnt say that anyone stood out but everyone put in a big shift and they were largely very disciplined. Lookman continues to look a lively option from the bench, its just a shame we dont have a similar player to bring on up front.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Exactly stop jumping on stats and watch the game.  

Most of us don’t.

some of us watched him take the ball in, turn inside a ya joe and release a lovely ball. Then we also watched him usher arguable the best player in the world to the byline... oh ye after being dumped on his ass by Hazard... but still got back to make... arguably the best player in the world... turn back, because he couldn’t get past him.

But he stats 😞. Getting sad now. 

Happy to get a point there with the poor quality of refereeing in the first half and Morata being a complete prick. To Friend’s credit, he didn’t fall for Chelsea’s cheating tactics, but that needs to be more aggressively punished. We weren’t quite there in terms of quality, but we didn’t look too far behind them. I’ll take it.

Just now, Bailey said:

Good point that. Very even game and we just lack composure up top which isnt unsurprising given everything that has happened in the last 18 months. 

I wouldnt say that anyone stood out but everyone put in a big shift and they were largely very disciplined. Lookman continues to look a lively option from the bench, its just a shame we dont have a similar player to bring on up front.

I would say Pickford stood out and kept us in the game. 

More than content with that. We didn’t create as much as we did against both United and Arsenal but we were never going to as Chelsea are just a much better side than they are. 

Away from from home against probably the second best side in the league and we keep a clean sheet? I’d have taken that all day long before kick off. 

Progress is being seen with each passing game and that is what I’m liking.