IGNORED

Southampton (Away) Saturday January 19th

markjazzbassist

Just now, Palfy said:

But seriously Shukes this is shit were going backwards again some poor performances by a few players no one is taking control and throwing some fucks around.

I agree. We play some good football in triangles, but then give away the simplest of balls, or run out of ideas in the last third.

I really think we need DCL on. Someone who can hold the ball a bit better, but can also run at players. Richarlison is a bit of a one trick guy at the moment, gets the ball and runs into players. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Richarlison is basically doing what Haf accuses Rom did, only without the goals 

I agree and the same comments about quality of service also apply. 

For a talented bunch of players they are panicking every time they get the ball (bar Lookman) and we have no control at all. Its maddening.

Just now, Bailey said:

I agree and the same comments about quality of service also apply. 

For a talented bunch of players they are panicking every time they get the ball (bar Lookman) and we have no control at all. Its maddening.

Exactly. All of which is meaning the back 6 are under constant pressure. 

Gylfi for DCL, Bernard in the middle (unless he needs to come off because of that tackle)

Just now, Matt said:

Exactly. All of which is meaning the back 6 are under constant pressure. 

Gylfi for DCL, Bernard in the middle (unless he needs to come off because of that tackle)

I was thinking DCL on for Gomes and Gylfi drop deep as Gomes doesnt seem to be at it today 

14 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Problem is we don’t have a player that can do a job to take Gomes out of the firing line for a bit. We need him on the pitch and have to hope his form comes back. 

Having a terrible game again. Can’t work out what’s wrong with him recently, or did he just have a few matches at the start out of his skin and this is the real Gomes?

I believe it is the latter. He had a few good games early but this is the real Gomes. For all his technical flair, he's slow and sloppy on the ball and inaccurate with his passes. 

This is the first match where I've really questioned Marco's plan. Starting the same side that looked so extremely average against Bournemouth has led to predictable results. I don't know what the fix is but what I do know is that the current set up is not working.

Just now, Shukes said:

I agree. We play some good football in triangles, but then give away the simplest of balls, or run out of ideas in the last third.

I really think we need DCL on. Someone who can hold the ball a bit better, but can also run at players. Richarlison is a bit of a one trick guy at the moment, gets the ball and runs into players. 

He's not a CF but Silva keeps trying to shoe horn him into that position when we have 2 CF who could do a better job, be careful Silva or your be going the same way as Koeman and fat Sam.

9 minutes ago, Keith B said:

I believe it is the latter. He had a few good games early but this is the real Gomes. For all his technical flair, he's slow and sloppy on the ball and inaccurate with his passes. 

This is the first match where I've really questioned Marco's plan. Starting the same side that looked so extremely average against Bournemouth has led to predictable results. I don't know what the fix is but what I do know is that the current set up is not working.

We played a very good second half against Bournemouth with the exception of a few defensive mistakes.

Everybody complains so much about Silva changing the side, then we get a win and he names an unchanged starting XI and everyone says he’s getting his tactics wrong ffs. The players just aren’t playing well. Gana, Lookman and Bernard the only players who look like they care today.

Edit: Should add Pickford and Digne to that list.

Just now, Matt said:

An actual front man would by time in the centre of the park and allow our star winger to play on the wing. It’s quite simple for me; we’re limiting ourselves to 2/3rds of the pitch

Not going to disagree with you there, but we clearly have issues both in the mid and back too.