IGNORED

Jack Grealish

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Would take us to the next level, and if we don't sign him someone bigger than us will. 

Given the choice he'd obviously go to a club offering European football rather than us. He won't stay with Villa if they drop again.

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Given the choice he'd obviously go to a club offering European football rather than us. He won't stay with Villa if they drop again.

I think he'll be leaving villa regardless of their finish in the table this season (if we ever finish it that is!) 

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

why would he leave villa?  he stayed with them the last time they got the drop, it's his boyhood club he seems very devoted to them and i really respect that about him.  i hope he stays there.

He’s wanted to leave for Spurs relatively recently. 

19 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

why would he leave villa?  he stayed with them the last time they got the drop, it's his boyhood club he seems very devoted to them and i really respect that about him.  i hope he stays there.

He was devastated that he didn’t get a move to Spurs last time they went down and this time around he is being touted for an England call up , with the Euros on the horizon next summer he won’t want to be playing in the Championship next season and he will feel they owe him one for accepting the decision and knuckling down last time
There is absolutely no chance of him going down with them this time around 

22 hours ago, Shukes said:

Love to have him here. Just the player we need, energetic, creative and the type of player that teams build around. 

But we’re not gonna get him. Afraid he’s just simply above where we are. I hate to say that, but the reality is he is too good for us at the moment.

Isn’t that how we get better though mate? Buying players who are too good for us if we can convince them. 
who would have thought we could buy players like Digne and Gomes from Barca?

I think he would be great for that left hand side position. I love Bernard, but Grealish would be another level. 

I don’t think we’ll get him like, I just think we should be going for players of that level. 

With the European Championships on the horizon he won't risk going off the grid with a spell in the Championship with Villa, regardless of where they finish this season he will be off I think. A new challenge has been long overdue for Jack and it's only been so long coming due to his unwavering loyalty towards his boyhood club - something that really should be applauded. 

I don't think we will sign him, simply because Manchester United have been all over him for years now and regardless of recent struggles they are still one of the biggest clubs in the world - there's an argument to suggest that they are starting to take shape under Ole too, with the good times not too far in the distant future. He will be seen as a cheaper alternative to Jason Sancho, who will most likely demand a nine figure sum to move from Dortmund. 

He would improve us no doubt though, lovely amount of flair and a hard shell, pretty much everything that you'd want in a creative midfielder. Anyone saying that we shouldn't go for him, or that he wouldn't come because he's too good for us isn't thinking big enough, the great sides didn't become great sides by being modest, you have to sign to improve - not stay sitting down. 

On 11/04/2020 at 16:19, StevO said:

Isn’t that how we get better though mate? Buying players who are too good for us if we can convince them. 
who would have thought we could buy players like Digne and Gomes from Barca?

I think he would be great for that left hand side position. I love Bernard, but Grealish would be another level. 

I don’t think we’ll get him like, I just think we should be going for players of that level. 

I do agree mate, I just think I’m playing the “it will never happen” hoping I’ll be proven wrong. 
he is just the type of player we’ve been crying out for. 

We want top four, aim for players like this.

On 13/04/2020 at 10:20, Shukes said:

I do agree mate, I just think I’m playing the “it will never happen” hoping I’ll be proven wrong. 
he is just the type of player we’ve been crying out for. 

We want top four, aim for players like this.

Be positive mate, we’ll sign him and then maybe Harry Kane haha

On 11/04/2020 at 20:17, StevO said:

Why is he a twat?

Why wouldn’t you trust him?

I’m sure that when villa went down, he was talking up a transfer and also was out on the piss a lot. However I can’t be arsed to actually check if this was the case. Also Of course he may of changed.