IGNORED

What Are You Reading?

Romey 1878

I've just bought issue #1 of this:

http://www.judgedreddcollection.com

£1.99 for a hardbook back of a famous Dredd story. Can't complain. :)

Strange this because I can remember reading Judge Dredd from when it was fist published but looking back it was 1977 by which time I'de left home and was living with my girlfriend and working full time and certainly not buying comics (was a "Scorcher and Score" man myself in my younger days). Puzzled me for a bit but I reckon the only explanation can be that my kid brother who's four and a half years younger then me (so would have been 12/13) must've got the mag and I must have read it on our many trips "home" when we ran out of money for food :lol:.

Must have been it because I remember reading it very clearly. Should've kept those early copies carefully no doubt; probably worth a bob or two today.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Question for the fantasy-people.

I just finished the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Have also read everything by Brent Weeks, Patrick Rothfuss, Scott Lynch, Joe Abercrombie, George RR Martin, Tolkien and Brandon Sanderson.

Any suggestions what I should read next? Was thinking about Malazan but read a few pages of the first book a few years ago and didn't like it very much ..

Question for the fantasy-people.

I just finished the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Have also read everything by Brent Weeks, Patrick Rothfuss, Scott Lynch, Joe Abercrombie, George RR Martin, Tolkien and Brandon Sanderson.

Any suggestions what I should read next? Was thinking about Malazan but read a few pages of the first book a few years ago and didn't like it very much ..

You've already read anything I'd recommend, but if I think of anything else I'll drop a post in here.

What did you make of the latest book in the Prism series by Weeks? The Night Angel trilogy by him is my favourite of his, but the Prism stuff is almost as good.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give Pratchett a try.

What did you make of the latest book in the Prism series by Weeks? The Night Angel trilogy by him is my favourite of his, but the Prism stuff is almost as good.

Are you talking about "The Blood Mirror"? Didn't know it was released already. Last one I read is "The Broken Eye". I prefer the Lightbringer series over the Night Angel trilogy, because imo there's more characters to get interested in.

My absolute favorite is Patrick Rothfuss. The Name of The Wind and The Wise Man's Fear are my two favorite fantasy books. I can't wait for the third book to be published (apparently it has already been finished years ago.. I don't know what's the hold up).

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give Pratchett a try.

Are you talking about "The Blood Mirror"? Didn't know it was released already. Last one I read is "The Broken Eye". I prefer the Lightbringer series over the Night Angel trilogy, because imo there's more characters to get interested in.

My absolute favorite is Patrick Rothfuss. The Name of The Wind and The Wise Man's Fear are my two favorite fantasy books. I can't wait for the third book to be published (apparently it has already been finished years ago.. I don't know what's the hold up).

Yeah, I think it was released in October. I read it a fair while ago anyway. I just love Durzo as a character, I proper devoured that series.

Rothfuss is a favourite of mine too. After I finished The Name of the Wind the one word that I could manage was "wow". I didn't think The Wise Man's Fear was quite as good but still a very good book. That's gutting that the next book has been finished for ages but not published, I want it!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Harry potter and the methods of rationality.

for free at hpmor.com

Unlike J. K. Rowling's original books, in which the orphaned Harry Potter is raised by the abusive Dursley family, the Harry Potter character in HPMOR is raised by an Oxford scientist, and is trained by his parents in science and rational thinking before learning about magic and traveling to the wizarding school Hogwarts.

brilliant book. cant recommmend enough!