IGNORED

Arsenal (Home)

Romey 1878

Fellaini was okay as was Pienaar, baines and yobo made some good tackles early on. Then they scored and we fell apart, if fellanis header hadn't have been cleared off the line it might of been different.

Basically we were overrun in midfield, we could really done with a Cattermole-type player. I dont think we can play cahill and fellani at the same time, it leaves our midfield too light. Hibbo was totally useless, this man bleeds blue but is not up to it at the level we aspire to. I would have played better at right back and I AM SHIT!

Need new player so badly next 2 weeks will probably set the tone for the season.

I believe DM will have them fired up for the next game and I think lescott will be gone he is poisen due to his uncertain position at the club. Much as I hate to see Hughes win we must let him go.

COYB I still believe

PS please get well soon ARTETA, Jags and YAK we need you now more than ever

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not often I'm in such a position that I wish we wouldn't bother scoring just to help my fantasy football team. having already lost a bagfull from howard and baines vamuellen (however you spell it) scores then conceeds in injury time.

I missed the first half hour as I was off the island then got back while we were 1-0 down. 2 stupid goals left us 3 down the kind of goals we shouldn't be conceeding as we are more than capable in the air. Yobo from what I see should have been following my man. The next goal that Gallas scored who knows who should have been there but no one was. for both howard could probably have done better but he's probably expecting some better defending than what he was given.

we didn't do anything much second half, Jo didn't look up to much which dissapointing which was ashame after his apparent good preseason, Osman was pretty nonexistant so was a worthwhile change while Fellaini looked alright but didn't do anything special. all round I'd say we simply didn't look up to the task from the 55 minutes I watched.

Lets hope we can produce the goods in our European game and then against Burnley. For those 2 games there's no excuses given we won games last season without Jags, Yak and Arteta.

What a big bag of turd that was! Arsenal cantered through that 2nd half, and we looked like a bunch of numpty twats who had never met. Defending for the free kicks was abysmal, no pressure on the lads taking shots outside the box, and pretty one paced attack. Looks like the whole Lescott saga has affected the squad more than we really thought!

Only bright sparks for me were that Saha looked very sharp when he came on, Pienaar ran his bollocks off again, and Fellaini didn't do too bad either.

According to some of the chat on ESPN, were set to announce a couple of signings in the next 2-3 days. At least 1 on loan, and 1 permanent.

On a positive note, we can only improve on the wank that was served up today!

What the fucking hell went on today?I really dont know what is worse.The result and the amount of shit txts i have had from my mates!Or my misses telling me to cheer up its only a game!I quoted on the match days forum after the Blackpool game that if we played like that night Arsenal would fuck us, and i hate being right on this occasion!Also i hear DM has a couple of signings lined up in the next 48 hrs?Why leave it this late?Im fucking fed up with the way we are dealing with transfers these days!DM needs to pull his finger out and stop thinking about replacing Fergie!!!If everyone believed the News of the world then we would have signed at least 11 players by now.

P.s sorry about the language just f-ing f-ing angry and sad!!!!!

What the fucking hell went on today?I really dont know what is worse.The result and the amount of shit txts i have had from my mates!Or my misses telling me to cheer up its only a game!I quoted on the match days forum after the Blackpool game that if we played like that night Arsenal would fuck us, and i hate being right on this occasion!Also i hear DM has a couple of signings lined up in the next 48 hrs?Why leave it this late?Im fucking fed up with the way we are dealing with transfers these days!DM needs to pull his finger out and stop thinking about replacing Fergie!!!If everyone believed the News of the world then we would have signed at least 11 players by now.

P.s sorry about the language just f-ing f-ing angry and sad!!!!!

Ok mate, firstly the txts!.......press the off button on your phone.

Secondly, your wife is correct, it is only a game.

Finaly, yes that was crap, but things will get better.....hope that helps!

Im shocked. We were so well in game. Controlling and having creative play and shortpasses going. Then bang bang bang WTF. Baines missed on 1vs1 2 passes to middle and fantastic shot. Then 2 clear headers from totally free guys. Omg. Im so confused. Then all my streams went down after they did 0-4. I dont know was that good thing or bad thing. SO FOOKIN SICK GAME

It was a (very) bad day at the office. The fact is that the Lescott situation IS impacting on too many people. He has to go, we need to get in about 5 players (I believe we will) and they need to get to work on puttig things right.

I just hope we don't start ripping hell out of them and each other at this stage - with the Europa League qualifier and then Burnley away in the coming week we will then know whether today's game was a blip or something more.

Not good enough. But no need to panic either.

Everyone gets hammered once in a while. man u 4-1 lost to liverpool at home for example. No point crying over it, we were awful, they were deadly. they had all the luck we had non. We could have easly got 2-3 goals if we were lucklyer, but the ball always fell to the arse player. pienaar looked good, fellini looked to run a bit more. Jo was non exsistance. Midfield was terrible, didn't control a thing. we need Arteta bk or a Arteta player. Fabregas, totally owned us an the game, easly the player of the match.

The last time we lost to Arsenal at home on opening day(4-1) we went on to be 4th. Lets hope this spanking wakes us up and we go on to have a great season. COYB!!

Thats what I said in the pub yesterday evening when was getting ribbed by the Arse fans

I'm finally trying to string a proper sentence together after that absolutely awful day. Whether Mark Hughes has succeeded in getting his man or not, I bet he's still laughing his little boots off after seeing the disruptive effect this has all had on the club. But that can't be an excuse for us, we simply were not good enough, not professional enough. However, I don't think it's cause for concern, even though the scoreline would suggest otherwise, because I know we can play better than that. Whether Moyes will finally let J-lo go, after seeing the effect this saga has had, I don't know but I think what we all need is a bit of a morale bust - that means signings Moyesy, if you're reading!! After all, it's only the first day of the season, and there's still a long way to go. I'm not as gutted as I will be if we go out of Europe at the first hurdle - but I'm sure we'll be a different team by then and some way back to our old selves.

Four fucking players turned up yesterday; Pienaar, Lescott, Neville and Saha. The rest were fucking shit and should be ashamed of themselves. Defensively we were all over the place and we've clearly not learned from our pre-season games with our schoolboy defending. Then you've got them hoofing the ball out of defence and missing the midfield out, but we're so poor playing airball that the ball was coming straight back at us. Did our defenders notice that? Did they fuck. They just relentlessly carried on giving possession back to Arsenal so they could tear us apart again and again. Then again, I'd miss out our midfield when the majority of them were hiding up their own arseholes. We just do not learn our lessons and once again standing off the opposition and not even bothering to tackle cost us on a few ocassions. There was no fight, no skill, nothing. It was sad to watch. Teams have definitely noticed that our right side is absolutely shite, and if it's not changed in this transfer window we're going to be killed down our right every single week. I hope Moyes has a plan to replace Osman and Hibbert quickly because they're simply not good enough.

Signings are needed, and fast. Simply bringing in squad players isn't enough; we need first teamers brought in to give these lads a kick up the backside.

Howard - Got very good at picking the ball out of the back of the net.

Hibbert - There was no sun to blame this time Tony. He is just shit. He's not even good defensively. He just ignores wingers and gets caught out of position every single time. Not good enough for the Premiership. I don't care if he's a blue. I'd rather him be a Liverpool fan and a good player than a blue and crap.

Yobo - He's fast and he can head the ball but when it comes to a brain he's a donkey. He constantly hoofed the ball up the field to where there were no Everton players! Then you have his abysmal marking at set-pieces. Hurry up Jags, we need you.

Lescott - You wouldn't have thought he wanted to leave. He was our best defender IMO. He was doing what no one else was in our defence and giving out orders, shouting at Yobo and Hibbert and looked like he had a clue. Fair play to him.

Baines - Crap, in every department.

Osman - A joke. He was lazy and gave the ball away far too often, didn't even try and help Hibbert at times. Simply continued where he left off against Chelsea. Not good enough for Everton Football Club, and sentiment needs to go out the window here.

Cahill - That's the first time I've ever seen Cahill hide during a football game, sad.

Neville - He was constantly on the move trying to put our fires while the rest of our midfield stood around.

Pienaar - Typical Pienaar performance but there's not much you can do when you're on your own. My Motm.

Fellaini - Lazy fucker. That is all.

Jo - Had jack shit to work with for the most part but when he was awful.

Four fucking players turned up yesterday; Pienaar, Lescott, Neville and Saha. The rest were fucking shit and should be ashamed of themselves. Defensively we were all over the place and we've clearly not learned from our pre-season games with our schoolboy defending. Then you've got them hoofing the ball out of defence and missing the midfield out, but we're so poor playing airball that the ball was coming straight back at us. Did our defenders notice that? Did they fuck. They just relentlessly carried on giving possession back to Arsenal so they could tear us apart again and again. Then again, I'd miss out our midfield when the majority of them were hiding up their own arseholes. We just do not learn our lessons and once again standing off the opposition and not even bothering to tackle cost us on a few ocassions. There was no fight, no skill, nothing. It was sad to watch. Teams have definitely noticed that our right side is absolutely shite, and if it's not changed in this transfer window we're going to be killed down our right every single week. I hope Moyes has a plan to replace Osman and Hibbert quickly because they're simply not good enough.

Signings are needed, and fast. Simply bringing in squad players isn't enough; we need first teamers brought in to give these lads a kick up the backside.

Hibbert - There was no sun to blame this time Tony. He is just shit. He's not even good defensively. He just ignores wingers and gets caught out of position every single time. Not good enough for the Premiership. I don't care if he's a blue. I'd rather him be a Liverpool fan and a good player than a blue and crap.

Yobo - He's fast and he can head the ball but when it comes to a brain he's a donkey. He constantly hoofed the ball up the field to where there were no Everton players! Then you have his abysmal marking at set-pieces. Hurry up Jags, we need you.

Lescott - You wouldn't have thought he wanted to leave. He was our best defender IMO. He was doing what no one else was in our defence and giving out orders, shouting at Yobo and Hibbert and looked like he had a clue. Fair play to him.

Osman - A joke. He was lazy and gave the ball away far too often, didn't even try and help Hibbert at times. Simply continued where he left off against Chelsea. Not good enough for Everton Football Club, and sentiment needs to go out the window here.

Cahill - That's the first time I've ever seen Cahill hide during a football game, sad.

Neville - He was constantly on the move trying to put our fires while the rest of our midfield stood around.

Pienaar - Typical Pienaar performance but there's not much you can do when you're on your own. My Motm.

Great summary.

Someone hit on it earlier, I don't think we can get away with Cahill and Fellaini in the same team - how many times did the Belgian prick stand there with his arms out when he fucked up, trying to blame anyone but himself.

I am shocked at Baines, he was the worst I have ever seen him. Bendtner outplayed Baines easily.

Saha was a breath of fresh air and should deffo be starting ahead of Jo and I can't wait for Arteta & Yak to be back.

He is a liverpool fan, he the only one in the squad that is.

If ever the club needs some positive things to happen it is now, we are contending with that horrible sod hughes who now says "he understands David's annoyance, it is annoying when a big club comes in for one of your players?" In other words, "Man city are bigger than Everton" not getting into that one.....they won the league twice, nuff said.

We need freshening up big time, however we do it I don't care, we need a midfield general, could we swap fellaini for defour and throw £5m in there? Fellaini is not good enough, he made Fabregas look like Usain Bolt for his goal.

Yobo is scary, poor defender . I would throw in Rodwell than have Yobo playing. Need Jags back asap. Really poor start, Arsenal were good and we were extremely poor.

Well that was embarrassing. Anyway, agree with most of what you said Rome, but for me two players had different performances:

Fellaini - Can't say he was lazy, as i saw him back track hundreds of times when the ball went a stray. After his header was saved off the line he was the ONE player to sprint the whole length of the pitch to get that ball back, only for Yobo to loose his man and Fab scoring his 1st. For me Fellaini was the MOTM, easily. Agreed some passes didnt go to the man everytime but he was the one all the play was going through! Yobo kept hoofing the ball up to him, i hate it. keep it on the fucking ground boys.

Pienaar - I was seriously disappointed. He just didnt back track at all, his passs were always short and never made the runs i usualy expect from him. When he got the ball and took players on, he won us pretty much all the freekicks, which is fine but shows he cant get past more than one man. Our midfield needs a general, someone to stop all play. Cahill and Fellaini shouldnt play in the same team.

Well that was embarrassing. Anyway, agree with most of what you said Rome, but for me two players had different performances:

Fellaini - Can't say he was lazy, as i saw him back track hundreds of times when the ball went a stray. After his header was saved off the line he was the ONE player to sprint the whole length of the pitch to get that ball back, only for Yobo to loose his man and Fab scoring his 1st. For me Fellaini was the MOTM, easily. Agreed some passes didnt go to the man everytime but he was the one all the play was going through! Yobo kept hoofing the ball up to him, i hate it. keep it on the fucking ground boys.

Pienaar - I was seriously disappointed. He just didnt back track at all, his passs were always short and never made the runs i usualy expect from him. When he got the ball and took players on, he won us pretty much all the freekicks, which is fine but shows he cant get past more than one man. Our midfield needs a general, someone to stop all play. Cahill and Fellaini shouldnt play in the same team.

Just shows how some fans never take off their Fellaini tinted glasses.

Did you miss the Gallas goal where Fellaini didn't mark him and Gallas scored, only for Fellaini to react with the shoulder shrug and arms out gesture.

Then when Fabregas ran "with the ball" for his goal, Fellaini looked like he struggled for any pace - at which point Febregas was accelerating away from him. (I actually think Lescott was out of position for this goal).

Oh and Pienaar was by far the best player on the pitch. At one point down the left in 2nd half he knocked it past one, out ran them, then knocked it past Arshavin only for him to trip him up. He setup up the goal, was the only way who kept trying to go forward rather than hoofing it.

Oh well I guess a classic case of is the glass half full or half empty.

Did you miss the Gallas goal where Fellaini didn't mark him and Gallas scored, only for Fellaini to react with the shoulder shrug and arms out gesture.

Then when Fabregas ran "with the ball" for his goal, Fellaini looked like he struggled for any pace - at which point Febregas was accelerating away from him. (I actually think Lescott was out of position for this goal).

Oh and Pienaar was by far the best player on the pitch. At one point down the left in 2nd half he knocked it past one, out ran them, then knocked it past Arshavin only for him to trip him up. He setup up the goal, was the only way who kept trying to go forward rather than hoofing it.

Oh well I guess a classic case of is the glass half full or half empty.

EW, thats shite man, i dnt like childish comments. It was my opinion and in all honesty, i think Fellaini is good but not as good as we should have got for £15m! I watched from my end, told you how I saw it, thats what the thread was about. Lescott lost Vermahlem for the goal, did you forget about that? Lescott was at fault for Fab's 1st. Baines was at fault for the Denilson goal.

I also know he does that stupid shrug thing and yes, its rediculous but did you see how many Arse players were on the floor for over 5mins each? Sagna, Van Persie, Bentdnar...so a shrug isnt as bad as that surely?

and Fellaini did look like he struggled for place, a blind man can tell you he isnt quicker than Fab plus just before that he ran goalwards, after Cahill passed through the middle.

Im not wearing 'tinted glasses' as you put it, i gave my annalogy on the game.

So are you wearing Hibbert tinted glasses? no, i doubt it, its your opinion. I think he was fuckin awful, but thats my opinion.

how predictable :lol: showing dissapoitment! what an arsehole!

shit game by everyone, Saha man of the match.