IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

I'm not sure if its necessarily music, but I saw something on Channel 4 the other night with a bloke called Polar Bear.

It was sort of rapping, but sort of poetry out loud.

It really hit me hard, I just loved it instantly! Thats not happened to me for a while (since DJ Fresh did the Lucazade advert).

I'm not sure if its necessarily music, but I saw something on Channel 4 the other night with a bloke called Polar Bear.

It was sort of rapping, but sort of poetry out loud.

It really hit me hard, I just loved it instantly! Thats not happened to me for a while (since DJ Fresh did the Lucazade advert).

Beatnik?

Edit: tried to find it them on youtube and stumbled on this, a polar bear chillin' on a roof

Edited by pete0

I was listening between 5 Live and Talkshite radio but didn't catch much of the game. I'd like one or two of their personnel alone for five minutes in a room with no windows, did we even play a fixture tonight?

No need to keep sport radio on so now maybe it could be Absolute 80s (no shame) or Vintage TV, they have lots of good 60s music on

I was listening between 5 Live and Talkshite radio but didn't catch much of the game. I'd like one or two of their personnel alone for five minutes in a room with no windows, did we even play a fixture tonight?

As I pointed out to you earlier there was live coverage on 5live sports extra.

I obviously getting in a flap with something, never mind, games over, we won, and all is fine and dandy, worth pointing out too that I try to avoid Radio Five Live like the plague sometimes, Everton or not. If it had been on radio Solent I would have been all ears but oddly enough they didn't feature it. I was keeping tabs by way of the BBC game updates page anyway, which is lovely as there's no audio or belligerent commentators

I'm mostly into Alternative Rock music but I have to say that I do like some house (hence my avatar). Here is what I've been listening to recently, it's from a Swedish DJ called Avincii and it's his new song 'Levels' and I must say that this is the first that I've heard of him. It's nice in the studio, but it really gets going live.

I had heard about that Mario Balotelli song but didn't actually know if it was a joke or a real song! Not into Tinchy Stryder or that kinda music but it still made me laugh for the 30 seconds that I watched of it.

I'm currently listening to the new single from Welsh band Feeder. Their last album 'Renegades' was a bit of a letdown but their other stuff has been really good, 'Silent Cry' is a quality album along with 'The Singles' which has some amazing numbers on it. This single is taken from the album that is out soon called 'Generation Freakshow' and features the reletavly new drummer Karl Brazil.

I'm having a bit of a mooch around their YouTube account now, at the moment the one song I posted is the only one I've heard from them. I've no idea how I got into them and I've no idea what it was about the song you posted that reminded me about them but they do sound pretty decent!

It's a shame bands like Sherwood arn't more recognised.

Edit: Another awesome band that I've not heard in a while 'Voicst' from the Netherlands. This is a song taken from their album 'A Tale of Two Devils' which is pretty good (even though it's a tad mad in places).

Edited by Zoo

For some reason that song Romey posted reminded me of this one by Sherwood. I've not heard it for years and I've no idea what the band are up to now but this is a good song from them. It's taken from the album 'A Different Light'

Sound to similar to Mcfly/Scouting for Girls, they would need one catchy song for all the band-wagoners to jump on to make people notice its not some other band

More dance music for me at the moment. This is a hit from Dutch DJ 'Fedde Le Grand' called 'So Much Love' and is from one of his mix-tapes, even if you don't like dance music I highly recommend that you watch the video for the girls alone. I'd sure love to be a DJ just to be able to perform for folks like this.

Not bought a CD for years due to burning them myself but the news car's player won't play them so trawling through my old collection this morning..enjoyablesmile.png .

David Gilmour's self titled and Moonflower/Santana so far.

This will cause much fighting with MrsO pre any long (or even short) journeyshaking fist.png .

If your using CD-RW disks try a CR-R instead if that fails try burning at a slow rate i.e 4X it may work and save you a few bob as well

Spot on Paul....been doing a bit of experimentation myself and, though I wasn't using RWs, I switched from using itunes at a fast burn rate (tried x4 but it kept failing) to using Windows Media Player at "medium" and they play fine.....happy dayssmile.png .

How do you get your tunes onto Windows Media?

Don't know to be honest....they're just all there and I can't remember whether I actually did anything to put them therehuh.png .

With iTunes (which I've always used in the past) you can "consolidate" and it just searches for any music which it doesn't have....can see no equivalent on the Media Player though.