IGNORED

Lukas Podolski

• 5 years later...

Pedolski is one of the most underrated and underplayed players in the leauge -

He will be a great improvement to our squad - someone who knows where the net is -

would love to have him here

He's been his best at international tournaments for Germany.

To use Duncan's quote...."meh" club form

Pedolski is one of the most underrated and underplayed players in the leauge -

He will be a great improvement to our squad - someone who knows where the net is -

would love to have him here

Agree I think Wenger shot himself in the foot at times not using him more often in the past, a very complete player who would give us something different

Eh maybe, maybe not. Bring back the Straq? ?

Ha ha, I know why you like it Btay mate but the problem with being linked to players like this is it raises expectations and then it's deflation time when we don't get them.

To be fair though we raised the bar with Lukaku last year so you never know but I doubt we'll see anyone like Podolski here.

Ha ha, I know why you like it Btay mate but the problem with being linked to players like this is it raises expectations and then it's deflation time when we don't get them.

To be fair though we raised the bar with Lukaku last year so you never know but I doubt we'll see anyone like Podolski here.

I guess I look at it like a few years ago we had Nev in Cm, Segundo Castillo back up, Lars Jacobson, Straq and Jan Mucha, we've come along way when you consider what we have now, and the Lukaku signing shows we can get people here.

Podolski could be a signing for the left winger berth. He's not a great scorer, but he's got a decent record. Extremely experienced and seems to create quite a lot of chances as well. 60 matches in the PL with 19 goals and 14 assists isn't too shabby. He was a one-in-three scorer in Bundesliga as well.

Kinda on MC's boat for Podolski. If I remember correctly, he did pretty well with Arsenal last season with limited playing time but did not score much at all with Inter this season. Going to have to ask my buddy (who's an Arsenal fan) about him but I'm a bit torn. How much would wages be if he did want to come? Who knows.

Anywhere he's been -barring FC Köln- he's done nothing better than average.

Plus he'd be vastly overpaid for what this club should afford, so no thanks for me. Although it would be nice to have another goal scoring option in the starting XI.