IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Guest blueboy122

For fuck sake. He had a stupid amount of time off for playing 4 extra matches at the world cup one in which he was on the bench. Comes back into training and becomes injured.

Frustrating.....

This is the first time that I am genuinely worried about our season. Barkley's out for a bit and now this...

At least it happens before the transfer window is closed and not a week after! Now Martinez has some time to react, I am expecting a striker and a midfielder before the window closes.

Probably wont announce it yet. They didn't with Barkley for days.

This is why we need a back up striker. Kone is nowhere near ready and we were always walking a tightrope with just one. It'll have to be Mirallas up front with Naismith behind Atsu on the left mgeady on the right.

When? Martinez said everyone was fit!

Josh hates you.

Hilarious.

For fuck sake. He had a stupid amount of time off for playing 4 extra matches at the world cup one in which he was on the bench. Comes back into training and becomes injured.

Frustrating.....

This is the first time that I am genuinely worried about our season. Barkley's out for a bit and now this...

Told you all about rushing them back too early against Leicester. Could see it a mile off.

At least it happens before the transfer window is closed and not a week after! Now Martinez has some time to react, I am expecting a striker and a midfielder before the window closes.

Is he even confirmed injured or what? Looks like Stevie Naismith has a huge season ahead of him.

Probably wont announce it yet. They didn't with Barkley for days.

This is why we need a back up striker. Kone is nowhere near ready and we were always walking a tightrope with just one. It'll have to be Mirallas up front with Naismith behind Atsu on the left mgeady on the right.

:lol: StevO is going to be gunning for me!

April Fools!!

Can confirm #EFC striker Romelu Lukaku will be fit to face #Arsenal tomorrow despite rumours.

Ahaha. My bad. Now you can all feel optimistic again!

<p>

April Fools!!

Greg O'Keeffe@GregOK 6m

Can confirm #EFC striker Romelu Lukaku will be fit to face #Arsenal tomorrow despite rumours.

Ahaha. My bad. Now you can all feel optimistic again!

You fucking bastard! Although I have to say fair play because while catching up on this thread my moods just gone from low as shit to through the roof in about 30 seconds.

Fucking hell.

Cue him now being missing for 2 months or whatever. He was signalling to the bench for a good 5 or 10 minutes before he was finally subbed. He kept looking at Martinez and waving his arms in the air as if to say "are you messing take me off" and Martinez was shouting back "just hold om a bit Rom"

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/08/23/boss-proud-of-rom-spirit

I thought he was excellent yesterday anyway but his performance goes up in my estimations knowing he was injured. As soon as he went off the game went down the shitter for us.

Absolutely. His touch was the best I've seen from him. And a great pass for the second goal as well after a good run.

I thought he was going to do what he did last season and cut in and smash a shot in on his left foot, but he showed great composure and quality to roll Naismith in.

Thought the exact same thing, and was just about to go ape shit before I saw the pass! :lol: I thought after a while though he got a bit isolated on the right and probably should have been moved in to the middle to give us a bit more focal point to the attack, obviously thats not his fault like but his performance yesterday was very promising overall.

Agreed he had a decent game, he does need to tey and be more aware of Naismiths flick ons at times though. Poor Naismith was leaping like a salmon (against that 6ft 6 galute as well) and his efforts were often met with an apologising hand from Lukaku who hadn't bothered his arse following it up or anticipating .

But his touch looked good and his turn and run for our second was great. Especially the fact he chose to lay it off when most strikers have blinkers in those situations. Think it showed great maturity.

That run in the second half towards the end (mertesacker looked even more fucked than him by the way) when he lost it then just stood and stopped was the end of him. He looked injured and kept messing with his boot. The injection had obviously worn off.

I do t think Lukaku was particularly good tbh. Apart from the second goal he wasn't really in the game.Naismith did most of his running.

I know I'm going to get pissed off this season though. There's a bloke a couple of rows behind me who just keeps having a go at him no matter what he does. "28m" "run you lazy fucker" all game. I felt like telling him to stfu! I'll have to at some point!

I do t think Lukaku was particularly good tbh. Apart from the second goal he wasn't really in the game.Naismith did most of his running.

I know I'm going to get pissed off this season though. There's a bloke a couple of rows behind me who just keeps having a go at him no matter what he does. "28m" "run you lazy fucker" all game. I felt like telling him to stfu! I'll have to at some point!

There's nothing worse than having a knob like that by you. I only ever encourage our players at the game. I save my moans for places like this and my mates when we're not actually in the ground.

That you Haf?!

That you Haf?!

He's going to split the fans. I wasn't overly impressed yesterday, some signs of improvement but I'm not being funny, he had to pass to Naismith as he lost all his momentum trying to get the ball out of his feet.

People will see what they want to see in terms of improvement, he has a way to go yet.

I'm giving him time, that's all I can do.

He's going to split the fans. I wasn't overly impressed yesterday, some signs of improvement but I'm not being funny, he had to pass to Naismith as he lost all his momentum trying to get the ball out of his feet.

People will see what they want to see in terms of improvement, he has a way to go yet.

I'm giving him time, that's all I can do.

Oh yeah, definitely split fans. He cost that much, so everyone will have an opinion...or 10!

I'm open minded. Take it as it comes. The naisy situation should have taught us that. He's going to be rough at times, he's going to be lethal at times.

My big hope is that he is more consistent than last season. Remember, my big issue with him was the, largely unnoticed, long period he went without scoring after his initial burst of goals.

Reading through these it's surprising just how split we are.

I nearly posted in the first half that Distin and Rom were sharing the same first touch.

Admittedly I'm the second half he had a spell for ten minutes where he had as good a touch as Jags, but throughout the match it seemed that most balls hit him and we're then intercepted by the defender due to it bouncing away from his body.

But then he had a devastating spell where he made the second goal. He is going to frustrate but if he can have a gew of those moments every match where he wither scores or creates then I'll be happy.