IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Good on him, it's good to be ambitious and have that drive. He may never reach that level but if he's an Everton player and trying to get to that level then it can only benefit us.

• 2 weeks later...

the announcer said lukaku doesn't have premier level feet. yes, it's touch is a bit heavy but when he's 1 on 1 or in the open field, he's quite good. i think he is going to be a lightning rod player for fans - i think there will be the critics and there will be his defenders. i think overall, he's a solid player and don't really care about the money he's making - i'm not paying for it :)

Just back the kid, and see where he is at the end of the season. I for one, think he's starting to improve his hold up play quite a bit. I also think consistency is his biggest problem, not any one aspect of his game. He's scored several goals in the past that are evidence of great touch and close control, he just needs to string those actions/performances together. Consistency in the final third, from the whole team, will really help his confidence.

He needs dropping, he looks knackered.

Worked hard int the first half but without someone to help him, without a creative player to create, he is just someone to hoof it up to. Hopefully if he's not playing we will learn to play like last season again, rather than hoofball

Needs some time way from the criticism too

Edited by Matt

Never seen game but listened to the end and sharpie was pissed off with him.

How can a 21 year old be unfit? He hasn't had a big world cup, he had an extra week or so off. It's not Luke he detrained that much.

He needs to improve and fast, its all and well me being onto him. I've had his number for a while. It's the poor fans who are giving him a chance who are running out of patience. As a lone man up front you expect a lot more.

Personally I think sharpies getting to the pointvthar he's lazy, does not make runs at all, static is the word he used.

Never seen game but listened to the end and sharpie was pissed off with him.

How can a 21 year old be unfit? He hasn't had a big world cup, he had an extra week or so off. It's not Luke he detrained that much.

He needs to improve and fast, its all and well me being onto him. I've had his number for a while. It's the poor fans who are giving him a chance who are running out of patience. As a lone man up front you expect a lot more.

Personally I think sharpies getting to the pointvthar he's lazy, does not make runs at all, static is the word he used.

Although I think you have been over the top at times, I do agree with you here.

He looks so heavy when 'closing' defenders down. He doesn't look like he is sprinting at them, or doing it with any real determination. It does look lazy.

He has to do more. Regardless of age, fee, future potential...right now we need more from our No.1 striker.

He didn't look confident today. He started off well but that didn't last long at all.

i agree somewhat with a lot of what people are saying, my main retort is simply that he is the person who their team strategically shuts down each game. in many sports you go after their "star" player and shut them down and hope no one else will step up. last season ross broke onto the scene and teams started targeting him. he had a dry patch but lukaku was banging em in during that. then they go for lukaku and coleman or mirallas is banging em in.

problem is we don't have anyone to bang em in while rom is being shut down now. with ross, coleman, and mirallas injured, we're hoof to rom or pass and go nowhere. it's not his fault we are one dimensional. he can't take on 2 cb, create a play and be on the end of the play he created.

Edited by markjazzbassist