IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

surprise haf isn't commenting on that. usually goes on and on about how RM never has one glass of booze and how admirable and such. Rom says it and we get crickets. the lad is committed, loves us, and from hearing this interview, doesn't even have a life outside football. time to stop the rubbish and back the lad.

surprise haf isn't commenting on that. usually goes on and on about how RM never has one glass of booze and how admirable and such. Rom says it and we get crickets. the lad is committed, loves us, and from hearing this interview, doesn't even have a life outside football. time to stop the rubbish and back the lad.

Oh ffs, wind your neck in. The lad may as well be sinking 10 pints before a game the way he's playing. Origi was picked ahead of him for the qualifier based on form.

Maybe we should add "never went to juventus" and "teetotal" to the "makes some runs and therefore creates space".

You would think this run of form is a shock. To me it's not, he's been pretty shite since January after defenders started marking him tight and not allowing him to turn.

But hey, he says he loves Everton so thats good enough. Maybe someone should tell McGeady to say this to get people off his back.

Btw where did I say RM not drinking is admirable? My last few comments regarding Martinez have not been positive at all. I try not to nail my colours to the mast, Everton is what I support, not individuals.

Edited by Hafnia

Just tuned in 10 mins ago it's rather early here in Aus! How is he going?? Looks like Bosnia have just Besic sitting in front of the back 4 as well!

Pretty much as he has been all season really, disappointing. Besic has done well mostly but given the ball away a few times.

I only got to see the first half today, but I thought Lukaku was a little better. It appeared to my novice eye that Belgium uses him a little differently. He didn't have his back to the goal very much and was making more runs towards the goal. Missed the one good opportunity he had though and it looks like they took him off, so maybe he wasn't as good as I thought.

I've said from the beginning he's not fit, you can see he's not fit. He took his boot off to show all he has a foot injury at Goodison the other week , he begged Martinez to sub him, he was standing within touching distance of me on the touchline alongside the paddock frantically waving to him rotating his arms and throwing them up in the air when Martinez insisted he stayed on mouthing "just hang on Rom" to him.

I'm not making excuses for him he hasn't been great but the lad has NOT been fit and that is a fact. He also missed virtually the whole of pre season.

He'll come good I have never been so certain of something. Yes his touch isn't great but wait until he's 100% fit and the other things he brings to the table will dwarf that aspect of his game.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-everton-fcs-roberto-martinez-7937386

I can't help but feel that break after the WC (unwarranted, IMO) has done him more harm than good.

Unwarranted is correct. Martinez trying to be too clever for his own good. He played less minutes than Baines in the WC.

For me Lukaku is like Rooney - he has endomorph traits and I think he needs to play consistently, not worked into the ground but consistently.

Lets be honest we are constanyly reminded that he's 21... at 21 I could go out on the beer till 2am on a saturday, get up play football at 11am - spend all day in the pub and go to work the next day. At 21 he should have boundless energy levels.

Unwarranted is correct. Martinez trying to be too clever for his own good. He played less minutes than Baines in the WC.

For me Lukaku is like Rooney - he has endomorph traits and I think he needs to play consistently, not worked into the ground but consistently.

Lets be honest we are constanyly reminded that he's 21... at 21 I could go out on the beer till 2am on a saturday, get up play football at 11am - spend all day in the pub and go to work the next day. At 21 he should have boundless energy levels.

At 21 I had broken my hip and 6 metatarsals over 2 feet. Comparing 1 individuals history to another is pointless.

Edited by Matt

Guest blueboy122

At 21 I had broken my hip and 6 metatarsals over 2 feet. Comparing 1 individuals history to another is pointless.

The point is he should be a fit lad as he trains everyday so his fitness levels should be high. He's 21 also so its not as if we should be looking to manage him correctly like we need to do for ETO'O.

The point is he should be a fit lad as he trains everyday so his fitness levels should be high. He's 21 also so its not as if we should be looking to manage him correctly like we need to do for ETO'O.

I agree. I should not have broken my hip playing football at 16, but shit happens. He should be fitter. But, if he has been training and playing whilst injured how is he supposed to get fit?

He needs dropping, he needs a chance to recuperate.

But Rom hasn't broken his hip, and 6 metatarsals - to our knowledge he is a tee total athlete, he has nutrtionalists, the best of sports scientists but he can't run for 90 minutes because he had a break after the world cup.

My point is that despite me being on the ale till the early hours at the age of 21, I could do things that I couldn't do at 27 onwards. Point being he should be at his absolute maximum natural fitness levels.

At his age, his testosterone levels should be off the scale meaning that he recovers from intense exercise within 24 hours, muscle power output is at a maximum.

Maybe he's depressed? or has high cortisol levels or something because honestly I can't really put my finger on it.

I actually had high cortisol levels at 30 which suppressed my hormonal balance - I was lifting heavy weights too often and it led to overtraining. Maybe its that? I dunno.... beats soft tissue damage anyhow!

There might be something in the muscle mass he has? Fast twitch, heavily muscled guys won't have the stamina of a slighter individual.

Doesn't seem to affect the rugby guys though and I'd argue they play at a higer intensity which would suggest his training is wrong.

I think it's just the fact that he ain't really fit from a stamina perspective. I do feel a few kilos could be sacrificed.

Ah he actually injured himself?

I know he is struggling but what has he actually done?

I agree with the half that are saying at 21 you should be able to get over a bruised toe pretty quickly. I have broken my right big toe eight times now....my own fault as I broke it one week and played the next and messed it up for life.

Lukaku needs to take a bit of responsibility for his own form and fitness. If he is really injured and is asking Rm not to play then it is either;

RM is a terrible manager and an even worse physio.

RM doesn't think Lukaku's injury warrants a rest.