IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

But Rom hasn't broken his hip, and 6 metatarsals - to our knowledge he is a tee total athlete, he has nutrtionalists, the best of sports scientists but he can't run for 90 minutes because he had a break after the world cup.

My point is that despite me being on the ale till the early hours at the age of 21, I could do things that I couldn't do at 27 onwards. Point being he should be at his absolute maximum natural fitness levels.

At his age, his testosterone levels should be off the scale meaning that he recovers from intense exercise within 24 hours, muscle power output is at a maximum.

Maybe he's depressed? or has high cortisol levels or something because honestly I can't really put my finger on it.

I actually had high cortisol levels at 30 which suppressed my hormonal balance - I was lifting heavy weights too often and it led to overtraining. Maybe its that? I dunno.... beats soft tissue damage anyhow!

That's gonna go over a few people's heads!

Very valid points though.

Cortisol is the nightmare for any sports person.

What a difference Barkely made to his performance yesterday. That's service, and that's what he can do (I know the keeper should've save de it but he didn't)

Improvement still needed but even his touch looked better and some of his link up play, when on the ground, was excellent at times.

I knew I did the right thing dropping him from my fantasy team :lol:

It's a very expensive dependancy though Matt, if it takes the powerful running and creativity of Barkley to get Lukaku to even resemble a footballer then it's not a great situation to be in.

I'm pretty sure that a Ross Barkley in most sides will allow the strikers so much more space because he commits defenders. Lukaku still needs to be able to operate in tight areas, it's not something he is going to be able to hide.

A goal will do him good, let's hope he now kicks on and gets fit and hungry.

for all of you dickheads who creamed over naismith saying ross shouldnt walk straight back in is laughable. showed yesterday, just with his name on the teamsheet ignited confidence in everyone.

cant find my post but i did say that barkley playing would bring out the best in rom. naismith plays too far off and doesnt run with the ball. yesterday showed that with ross in that hole, we get from first third to final third far quicker,making us a bigger threat everytime.

for all of you dickheads who creamed over naismith saying ross shouldnt walk straight back in is laughable. showed yesterday, just with his name on the teamsheet ignited confidence in everyone.

cant find my post but i did say that barkley playing would bring out the best in rom. naismith plays too far off and doesnt run with the ball. yesterday showed that with ross in that hole, we get from first third to final third far quicker,making us a bigger threat everytime.

Lukaku wasn't even good for a start mate. Barkley a a cut above Naismith no-one disputes that. But Naismith has been a more than worthy stop gap.

I believe what we said is that form players should not be dropped. He wasn't and none the less Rom had a better but still very average game. So what was your point? Edited by Hafnia

Before the game I was in the concourse of The Street End and I was watching a video of the Man Utd game where Ferguson scored that diving header in the win at Goodison .

Ferguson was all over the pitch that night , tracking back and throwing tackles in and never giving the United defenders a minutes peace.You could see how much it meant to him to be wearing the shirt, if they haven't done already someone could do with sitting Rom down and showing him the video. If Lukaku could bring an ounce of Fergusons tenacity into his game we would have some player on our hands

Before the game I was in the concourse of The Street End and I was watching a video of the Man Utd game where Ferguson scored that diving header in the win at Goodison .

Ferguson was all over the pitch that night , tracking back and throwing tackles in and never giving the United defenders a minutes peace.You could see how much it meant to him to be wearing the shirt, if they haven't done already someone could do with sitting Rom down and showing him the video. If Lukaku could bring an ounce of Fergusons tenacity into his game we would have some player on our hands

Totally agree with that. When Ferguson was on it then the other team could not stop him.

Rom is too much of a gent at the moment.

Yeh definitely. You can't dispute how well Naismith has done and still did yesterday too but Barkley adds a completely different dimension and turns defence into attack so quickly.

I believe what we said is that form players should not be dropped. He wasn't and none the less Rom had a better but still very average game. So what was your point?

Mt point is this. You, my friend, think you know it all by arguing against everyone's points. You are just a tool and I don't take into account anything you wish to point out.

Cause even when you are made out to be wrong you still won't admit it.

Mt point is this. You, my friend, think you know it all by arguing against everyone's points. You are just a tool and I don't take into account anything you wish to point out.

Says it as it is like.

Ah insults eh, suited to your "just had 8 pints of premium ale and I talk like a prick" posts.

No one disputes Barkleys quality, but unfortunately because you are such a know it all who thought Naismith was still shite when he was clearly adding quality you need to find reason to drop him.

Ah insults eh, suited to your "just had 8 pints of premium ale and I talk like a prick" posts.

No one disputes Barkleys quality, but unfortunately because you are such a know it all who thought Naismith was still shite when he was clearly adding quality you need to find reason to drop him.

Don't need a pint to know your a bellend.

It's a very expensive dependancy though Matt, if it takes the powerful running and creativity of Barkley to get Lukaku to even resemble a footballer then it's not a great situation to be in.

I'm pretty sure that a Ross Barkley in most sides will allow the strikers so much more space because he commits defenders. Lukaku still needs to be able to operate in tight areas, it's not something he is going to be able to hide.

A goal will do him good, let's hope he now kicks on and gets fit and hungry.

I agree entirely on your scepticism of what we paid etc but many forwards need quality behind them and at times that one player they click with so to speak

We are seeing it at Southampton with Tadic and Pelle at Chelsea with Fabregas and Costa prior to injuries Giroud and Ozil etc

Its in no way a comparison of quality just forwards need service or a player that can create open up spaces and drive into positive areas and my only defence of Lukaku so far this season is he's been lacking quality service in the final third

On his day he's unplayable and we all know he has goals in him no questions asked and he does have some basic flaws you wouldn't expect of a player at such a premium but give him some quality service and space and a touch of confidence and I'm sure he will start firing them in

Hopefully!!

I agree entirely on your scepticism of what we paid etc but many forwards need quality behind them and at times that one player they click with so to speak

We are seeing it at Southampton with Tadic and Pelle at Chelsea with Fabregas and Costa prior to injuries Giroud and Ozil etc

Its in no way a comparison of quality just forwards need service or a player that can create open up spaces and drive into positive areas and my only defence of Lukaku so far this season is he's been lacking quality service in the final third

On his day he's unplayable and we all know he has goals in him no questions asked and he does have some basic flaws you wouldn't expect of a player at such a premium but give him some quality service and space and a touch of confidence and I'm sure he will start firing them in

Hopefully!!

There is a lot more development needed than many think, that's my concern. We will see.

Why don't people just discuss things theoretically? What's the problem with that? Too many boring Hitlers in the Distin thread.

I read one guys posts and he bores the hell out of me. He's only fairly young as well. I think there's absolutely no way he can be that age. He's be the life and soul of every party.

Edited by MC11

Why don't people just discuss things theoretically? What's the problem with that? Too many boring Hitlers in the Distin thread.

I read one guys posts and he bores the hell out of me. He's only fairly young as well. I think there's absolutely no way he can be that age. He's be the life and soul of every party.

Name and shame, don't sit on the fence now ;).

"Boring Hitlers" sounds a bit oxymoronic to me.

And that's my opinion, which I still strongly believe if the case. Why not just discuss it properly instead of completely brushing it off as just "speculation". What's the harm in a proper for & against discussion?

I thought that's what we did. I'm against (in case you missed it). If my opinion, having weighed it up and given it great consideration, is that it's speculation that I think has very little basis (though I'm not 100% dismissing it) then what do you want me to say beyond that?

That's my opinion and because it doesn't agree with yours it's a non-opinion and I'm sitting on the fence. Grow up ffs.

Great goal from Romelu though.