IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

yep, totally forgot I was blazing at the distin offside at the time.

Haf, your that wound up and trying to back your Lukaku argument up at any cost, your forgetting his actual impact in the game. And to say we should start with et'o and leave lukaku on the bench is laughable once again. Leaving a £28 million pound striker on the bench is something everton can not afford to do. You don't do something like that after three games,more like two due to his fitness against Leicester.

If another player wasn't chasing down balls and running their socks off, and at the same time not playing well,.. Would we want them dropped?

I agree though it's too early to drop lukaku and probably the wrong thing to do with his development, ala Barkley. But he does need to step up.

Starting him because he is a 28m player is crazy Brett. If Eto comes of the bench and plays like he did against Chelsea again and Rom also plays like he did against Chelsea again then it would be a crazy decision not to swap them over.price tags don't make you a great player.... Torres anyone.

Not many in the team have set the world alight so far this season, so to continously hone in on one player seems unjust. Especially if the basis is his speculated price tag.

He ain't been our worst player. No where near.

If you don't like something about someone, then you need real strong self control to not continously notice that something. So for Lukaku, his every miscontrol will be noted, while his good points will be missed, such as hitting the bar. It might be subconscious, it might be deliberate.

Not many in the team have set the world alight so far this season, so to continously hone in on one player seems unjust. Especially if the basis is his speculated price tag.

If you don't like something about someone, then you need real strong self control to not continously notice that something. So for Lukaku, his every miscontrol will be noted, while his good points will be missed, such as hitting the bar. It might be subconscious, it might be deliberate.

That's right. Like Haf watches Lukaku trying to justify his opinion. Same with me and Mccarthy, but he's slowly winning me over. However I still think he's got to many up his arse!

I actually can't wait for him to come good, once he starts scoring and playing like the beast we know he can be consistently then I'll be fighting for him.

It's just the bad outweighs the good at the moment.

Looking forward to admitting I'm wrong because that can only be good for Everton.

Listen, I changed my mind and opinion on fellaini when he proved to me that he wasn't an £8m midfielder. I'm prepared to do that. At this moment Lukaku is as close to being a £28m striker as he is he is a £6m striker.

£6 million for a striker who has scored 18 and 16 goals in his last 2 seasons is 21 and a full international ?

:rofl:

Are you serious Haf? I get why you son't rate him but £6 mil? Borini, Long, I could list a hundred.

£6 million for a striker who has scored 18 and 16 goals in his last 2 seasons is 21 and a full international ?

:rofl:

Are you serious Haf? I get why you son't rate him but £6 mil? Borini, Long, I could list a hundred.

As close to £6m as he is to £28m = £17m

And that's being generous.

Edited by Hafnia

The only thing I don't like about lukaku at present is, if you watch his game closely, not only is his touch shite at the moment but he plays the match looking for the glory moment for himself. Et'o come on and played a measured pass tri Mirallas that nearly paved way for a goal. Lukaku needs to realise that setting up a goal will still be as important as scoring. I feel the goal against arsenal was Naismiths cause he never really got the ball under control and by the time he got to the goal his better option was to pass it.

doesn't look fit enough to start games to me...i'd start him on the bench and bring him one with 30-40 mins to go...bully already tired defenders and find his fitness

He can now we've got Eto'o although I think Rom will be a lot fitter after this break - it's actually come at a good time for us.

I have never known someone get on a players back like you have with Lukaku Haf. Its actually incredible. Purely picking every little hole in their game/performance (including making stuff up) and excluding anything positive they make.

Totally agree that the fee is far too much but its a low risk investment because he will score goals, he will create goals and if we want to move him on in 2 years time we will be able to do so and pocket at least most of our money back.

We have bigger issues to worry about than Lukaku IMO.

I have never known someone get on a players back like you have with Lukaku Haf. Its actually incredible. Purely picking every little hole in their game/performance (including making stuff up) and excluding anything positive they make.

Totally agree that the fee is far too much but its a low risk investment because he will score goals, he will create goals and if we want to move him on in 2 years time we will be able to do so and pocket at least most of our money back.

Tic-tac-fickety-fac-motha-truckin-BOOM.

I really don't understand the theory that I'm over critical. I called half this stuff out whilst everyone was waxing lyrical about him. I see what I see. Unfortunately it is becoming more evident to others.

It's the football market not the housing market. If you spend £28m on a player and he doesn't perform he drops down in price. Look at fellaini, will United get their money back? Will spurs get the soldado money back?

I want him to do well but ffs people are looking for positives that just ain't there at the moment. If they are evident I promise I will be amongst the first to highlight them.

I really don't understand the theory that I'm over critical. I called half this stuff out whilst everyone was waxing lyrical about him. I see what I see. Unfortunately it is becoming more evident to others.

It's the football market not the housing market. If you spend £28m on a player and he doesn't perform he drops down in price. Look at fellaini, will United get their money back? Will spurs get the soldado money back?

I want him to do well but ffs people are looking for positives that just ain't there at the moment. If they are evident I promise I will be amongst the first to highlight them.

So his age and his goal scoring record aren't really there??????

So his age and his goal scoring record aren't really there??????

why is everyone getting hung up on this age thing??? was fowler a much better player at 26-27 than he was at 21-22? same for Owen, same for Shearer, same for Brazilian Ronaldo? The same for Rooney.... The list goes on and on.

The reality is that he has stopped growing, he is physically matured and did so at an earlier age than the aforementioned barring Rooney perhaps.

So lets get to it - what is he going to improve on so much that is going to turn him into a complete striker? At this moment I see him as a horses for courses type of player - the same as Fellaini, certain games and opponents make him look awesome, then other games and opponents make you wonder what all the fuss is about.

I just get the feeling that many on here are as concerned as I am by what they see - but are crossing their fingers and toes that time can improve him. I don't actually think that time will do that. If he was 17/18 and had a few years of growing and filling out then I would be more optimistic.

I still think Eto'o will have a bigger influence this season tbh!

Its far eadieasier to play against tired legs though isn't it. I remember a liitle game fit Belgium in the WC where lukaku came on in extra time and waltzed passed the defence and scored, yet he did nothing when starting. Give et'o a start against fresh legs, then I'll judge.

Its far eadieasier to play against tired legs though isn't it. I remember a liitle game fit Belgium in the WC where lukaku came on in extra time and waltzed passed the defence and scored, yet he did nothing when starting. Give et'o a start against fresh legs, then I'll judge.

Lukaku relies on physicality and finishing which is why he looked so impressive against an exhausted USA defence.

Eto gave a performance that wasn't reliant on pace or strength. It was his touch, guile and positioning. For my money that is far more threatening to a fresh legged defender than someone who is strong and quick. He will outsmart defenders whether they are fresh or tired, you can see it in his play, so intelligent.

Every time Eto had the ball his touch and decision makling was fast and assured. It was like watching Saha at his best - I may be getting carried away but it was.

Really man, I'm willing to have a constructive debate, but it does require a sense of reality from the others involved in the discussion and that seems to not be the case.

I find that very much the case with you Mirallas. I look at players by the fact that they play for Everton, not an interest in some players because they are Belgian. Even our U.S posters can be subjective about Tim Howard and look at other players who play for the club.

I notice you quoted that you found my "lukaku has stopped growing" quote unrealistic???

The average male stops growing at 19 - thats based on beginning their growth spurt at around 13. In 2011 aged 18 Rom was measured at 190cm and was 15st, and now he is exactly the same height but a little lighter....

I think its fair to say he has stopped growing wouldn't you?

I find that very much the case with you Mirallas. I look at players by the fact that they play for Everton, not an interest in some players because they are Belgian. Even our U.S posters can be subjective about Tim Howard and look at other players who play for the club.

I notice you quoted that you found my "lukaku has stopped growing" quote unrealistic???

The average male stops growing at 19 - thats based on beginning their growth spurt at around 13. In 2011 aged 18 Rom was measured at 190cm and was 15st, and now he is exactly the same height but a little lighter....

I think its fair to say he has stopped growing wouldn't you?

Is that all aspects of the man then, cause I can guarantee his confidence will surely not grow anymore with supporters like yourself. You might want to look up the defenition of support.

Ever thought he might be overwhelmed by the price tag at the moment.

The only thing I don't like about lukaku at present is, if you watch his game closely, not only is his touch shite at the moment but he plays the match looking for the glory moment for himself. Et'o come on and played a measured pass tri Mirallas that nearly paved way for a goal. Lukaku needs to realise that setting up a goal will still be as important as scoring. I feel the goal against arsenal was Naismiths cause he never really got the ball under control and by the time he got to the goal his better option was to pass it.

Is that all aspects of the man then, cause I can guarantee his confidence will surely not grow anymore with supporters like yourself. You might want to look up the defenition of support.

Ever thought he might be overwhelmed by the price tag at the moment.

No I think the post you made above was more accurate, no more different to what i've been saying all along really. So i'm not entirely sure how my structured critique of him falls into the "bad supporter" category.

The thing is Brett - like I did with Naismith, I will be behind him 100% and if he gives his all he will get the backing and best wishes of the fans.

Lets hope that Lukaku proves me wrong just like Naismith proved you wrong... yep many of us will remember your continued barbs at him at the time he was turning things around.

I don't think i've not got behind an Everton player, not rating them is different to not supporting.

Edited by Hafnia