IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Finally saw him live in the Sweden v Belgium group game. Lukaku appeared to be the single laziest did I've ever seen with the exception of 10 or so very sharp, powerful runs. So many times a very run send open and he'd just sit of look at it then complain to whoever has 'misplaced' the pass. Almost never got inside his man or read where the cross would be.

But then he'll have moments where his pace and power completely takes him away from the defenders and his class shines.

Still an enigma for me, should score way more than he does, especially in that Belgium team.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Finally saw him live in the Sweden v Belgium group game. Lukaku appeared to be the single laziest did I've ever seen with the exception of 10 or so very sharp, powerful runs. So many times a very run send open and he'd just sit of look at it then complain to whoever has 'misplaced' the pass. Almost never got inside his man or read where the cross would be.

But then he'll have moments where his pace and power completely takes him away from the defenders and his class shines.

Still an enigma for me, should score way more than he does, especially in that Belgium team.

Because Lukaku thrives if the team he plays for is the lesser side, being pushed back; he then gets loads of space on the counter attack where it doesn't really matter if the ball bounces a couple of metres away every time you touch it; just run and hit it as hard as you can when in sight of goal.

Because Lukaku thrives if the team he plays for is the lesser side, being pushed back; he then gets loads of space on the counter attack where it doesn't really matter if the ball bounces a couple of metres away every time you touch it; just run and hit it as hard as you can when in sight of goal.

Rom thrives when defenders don't mark him.

Italy = marked tight not a sniff

ROI = acres of space = 2 goals

Sweden = mark ok not a sniff

If he played for someone else....

Would you buy him in our current condition.

Would he be an ideal Everton target and the type of player and caliber we are looking for?

£25m max (based on market and our finances). As I've always said I don't just go off goals, his goal record is decent (when you look at his patterns and who against its concerning). He is such a leaky player it's untrue, attacks breakdown because him. Aside from that his team ethic and work rate is poor.

Would he be an ideal Everton target and the type of player and caliber we are looking for?

Would I buy a young powerful centre forward who despite his age has a wealth of experience and who has scored goals for fun everywhere he has been and is proven in the Premiership ?

Yeah I reckon I would

No because we've already got a player identical to him ... ... ... Lukaku ?

In seriousness yes I don't think you can pass up a young international proven goal scorer

He did play for someone else until we bought him, so the answer then was yes.

If you're asking whether on current and recent showings he would be worthy of consideration then it would have to be a no, but on the last 3 months evidence and if you'd never seen him before you could say exactly the same about Kane, who didn't score in Euro 2016 at all, and whose control and effort etc. was worse than Lukaku.

Form can be a massive frustration with strikers, going missing for months at times. Defoe has always been the epitome of this. I'm surprised that the rumour mill is so quiet with regard to Lukaku, and can only think that the price is prohibitive to all but the few who don't really need or want him. PSG best bet perhaps.

If we didn't know anything about him and the first we had seen of him was in Euro2016, then my view would be 'no way'. He has scored some goals but done a lot of standing about, jogging here and there but nothing that makes you sit up and take notice. In fact, he's playing pretty much how he played for us after Christmas. He just doesn't work hard enough.

At least some don't need it spelling put to them haha.

At the moment I wouldn't pay the price for him.

I would honestly be chasing better or someone more suited to our team.

Though it is possible that Ronny may build the team around him and play more to hos strengths?

Would I buy a young powerful centre forward who despite his age has a wealth of experience and who has scored goals for fun everywhere he has been and is proven in the Premiership ?

Yeah I reckon I would

Scores for fun everywhere other than on the center stage and for us in the premier.

And yes..... I do think it matters who you score against....others don't....fair enough....Let's not go there again.

Should have scored but is playing well.

I could make him twice the player easily.

Stop running like a roman.

Straight lines don't help your team.

If he made a few diagonal runs he could be a much better player.....doesn't any coach see that?